• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Banette

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
354Banette_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Banette
[type=ghost][/type]​

20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaJupetta
Height: 1.2m / 3'11''
Weight: 13kg / 28.7 lbs.
Classification: Marionette Pokemon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Prankster

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Banette was officially revealed by Pokemon.com following the release of X & Y.

20483_stats.png

Mega Banette has a greatly increased Attack stat, along with minor boosts to Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed.

HP: 64
Attack: 165
Defense: 75
Sp. Attack: 93
Sp. Defense: 83
Speed: 75

62259_20479_locations.png

58287_Dream_Banettite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Banettite
X/Y: Cave of Emptiness, post-game.
OR/AS: Verdanturf Town.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Banette.

20472_artwork.png

MegaBanette-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg
20482_screenshots.png

nov_p13_01.jpg
nov_p13_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega Banette looks awesome! My favorite Ghost-Type's evolution got even better. I used a Banette before in Ruby. It wasn't very good, considering that the next gym was Psychic-Type. :blush:

I love banette because it was so annoying to capture of defeat because it kept using will-o-wasp, and now it's a mega evolution I have mixed feelings about this pokemon

Banette was my favorite Ghost-Type from the first time I saw it, and it's Mega-Evolution just solidifies my love for it even more (especially with that awesome Ability).

well, i don't really think it's too well... I mean, Mega Bannette..... I asked my pokemon loving friends... " Do you know who bannette is? " And they said " Nope.whats is that? an onomatopoiea???? " so.. i dont think it's well-known enough to be a mega... but it looks OP

Only 64 HP WHAAAT

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I think it's good for some less well-known/less-used Pokemon to get Mega Evolutions, it boosts their popularity and usability. Plus it'd be unfair if only 'popular' Pokemon got Mega Evolutions.

64 HP is the base stat. Granted it's not the best base HP stat out there, but it'll mean that at level 100 Mega Banette would have between 238-332 HP

well, i don't really think it's too well... I mean, Mega Bannette..... I asked my pokemon loving friends... " Do you know who bannette is? " And they said " Nope.whats is that? an onomatopoiea???? " so.. i dont think it's well-known enough to be a mega... but it looks OP

Only 64 HP WHAAAT
thnx moderator for fixing it :D

Oh finally bannette congrats on getting a mega evolution!
I used banatte through the whole story mode on pokemon sapphire and
now I can enjoy it AGAIN!! : D