• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#701 - Hawlucha

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
701-0.png

#701 Hawlucha
[type=fighting][/type]/[type=flying][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Luchaburu
Classification: Wrestling Pokemon
Height: 2'07" / 0.8 m
Weight: 47.4 lbs. / 21.5 kg
Egg Group: Human-like

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Unburden or Limber
Hidden Ability: Mold Breaker

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Hawlucha was revealed upon the release of the games.

Additional Info: Although its body is small, its proficient fighting skills enable it to keep up with big bruisers like Machamp and Hariyama. With its wings, it controls its position in the air. It likes to attack from above, a maneuver that is difficult to defend against.

20454_pokedex.png

X: Although its body is small, its proficient fighting skips enable it to keep up with the big bruisers like Machamp and Hariyama.
Y: With its wings, it controls its position in the air. It likes to attack from above, a manoeuvre that is difficult to defend against.

20453_locations.png

Route 10

20455_evolution.png

20519_701.png

Does not evolve.

20462_levelup.png

--- Detect
--- Tackle
--- Hone Claws
Lv. 4 - Karate Chop
Lv. 8 - Wing Attack
Lv. 12 - Roost
Lv. 16 - Aerial Ace
Lv. 20 - Encore
Lv. 24 - Fling
Lv. 28 - Flying Press
Lv. 32 - Bounce
Lv. 36 - Endeavour
Lv. 40 - Feather Dance
Lv. 44 - High Jump Kick
Lv. 48 - Sky Attack
Lv. 55 - Sky Drop
Lv. 60 - Swords Dance

20469_artwork.png

20470_screenshots.png

nov_p18_01.jpg
nov_p18_02.jpg
nov_p18_05.jpg
nov_p18_06.jpg
nov_p18_07.jpg
nov_p18_08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry to dash your hopes and dreams but
It's confirmed that he does. TV Tokyo's website has unveiled that the episode set to air on July 24th features a sky battle between Ash's Hawlucha and a Talonflame.

img_next140724.jpg

Image directly yoinked from the TV Tokyo website. Note VS Screen.
Ash is slated to catch the thing on an episode that will air next week - not too long before the Diancie movie is released in Japan. Which we already knew a Hawlucha appears in, or at the very least in the accompanying Pikachu short, but we weren't entirely sure if it belonged to the main cast. The thing appearing in the anime's introduction sequence since the second opening sequence of the XY series were enough to nearly clinch it. Now we know it's official.

in response to Stel's spoilers
I always love it when Ash goes for a pokémon I loved to begin with. First it was Krookodile, now it's Hawlucha. Looking forward eagerly to his introduction episode, and subsequent episodes.

I absolutely adore Hawlucha, it is one of my fave kalos Pokemon (along with Pyroar and Spritzee). I remember when there were a few pics of it going around the internet (before it was actually revealed) and everyone was saying that it was fake, but I had my fingers crossed the whole time because I wanted it to be real so bad. When I got Y and encountered one in the wild, I literally screamed out in joy. My Hawlucha in Y was in my Team throughout the entire game and never once failed me. Simply an Amazing Pokemon.
I'll be 100% honest, I didn't want Ash to catch one, but oh well XD