• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#710 - Pumpkaboo

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
710-0.png

#710 - Pumpkaboo
[type=grass][/type]/[type=ghost][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name:
Bakeccha
Classification: Pumpkin Pokémon
Height: 1'00"/0.3 m (Small Size), 1'04"/0.4 m (Average Size), 1'08"/0.5 m (Large Size) or 2'07"/0.8 m (Super Size)
Weight: 7.7 lbs./3.5 kg (Small Size), 11 lbs./5.0 kg (Average Size), 16.5 lbs./7.5 kg (Large Size) or 33.1 lbs./15.0 kg (Super Size)
Egg Group: Amorphous

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Frisk or Pickup
Hidden Ability: Insomnia

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: Pumpkaboo are born when souls that have been unable to move on take up residence inside pumpkins. They can come in a number of different sizes, and the largest Pumpkaboo can be more than twice the size of the littlest ones. The different sizes are also different in stats - the larger the Pumpkaboo, the slower its Speed stat and the stronger its Attack stat is.

20454_pokedex.png

X: The pumpkin body is inhabited by a spirit trapped in this world. As the sun sets, it becomes restless and active.
Y: It is said to carry wandering spirits to the place where they belong so they can move on.

20453_locations.png

Route 16 and through Friend Safari.

20455_evolution.png

20525_710-711.png

Pumpkaboo evolves into Gourgeist when traded.

20462_levelup.png

--- Trick
--- Astonish
--- Confuse Ray
Lv. 4 - Scary Face
Lv. 6 - Trick~Or~Treat
Lv. 11 - Worry Seed
Lv. 16 - Razor Leaf
Lv. 20 - Leech Seed
Lv. 23 - Trick~Or~Treat
Lv. 26 - Bullet Seed
Lv. 30 - Shadow Sneak
Lv. 36 - Shadow Ball
Lv. 40 - Trick~Or~Treat
Lv. 42 - Pain Split
Lv. 48 - Seed Bomb

20469_artwork.png

Pumpkaboo-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p10_02.jpg
oct_p10_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
While I was ill I quested to get all four sizes of Pumpkaboo and I now think I have all four :D The quest also made me really like Pumpkaboo's design, it's a cute little fellow.

What do you mean this thing isn't an adorable baby bat wearing a pumpkin diaper?

When they said they were gonna release the games in October, they saw the opportunity and freaking took it! I'm just really happy that we got not one, but two Grass/Ghosts this Gen! This and Honedge were the typings I have been waiting for!

...Hmm, I'm just now noticing that this has fangs. This makes it slightly redeemable. Slightly. It's better then its evolution at least. If not for the Pokedex, I would seriously consider use of an Everstone for this one.

I find Pumpkaboo so adorable! Ever since I knew it was in the game I wanted to catch it. Once I caught it I was so happy that I even caught more then one. I guess I really do like this, its one of my favorites out of the new Pokemon.

Even though I think Trevenant is better than Gourgeist because it looks more creepy I'd have to say between their pre-evo's Pumpkaboo would win in the cute factor. I mean how can you not say 'DAWWWWW!'