• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#714 - Noibat

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
714-0.png

#714 - Noibat
[type=flying][/type]/[type=dragon][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Onbatto
Classification: Sound Wave Pokemon
Height: 1'08''
Weight: 17.6 lbs.
Egg Group: Flying

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Frisk or Infiltrator
Hidden Ability: Telepathy

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: Noibat's ears radiate ultrasonic waves, enabling it to communicate with others of its kind or to immobilize prey. It can even use sound waves to determine the ripeness of the fruits it loves to eat.

20454_pokedex.png

X: They live in pitch black caves. Their enormous ears can emit ultrasonic waves of 200,000 hertz.
Y: Even a robust wrestler will become dizzy and unable to stand when exposed to its 200,000-hertz ultrasonic waves.

20453_locations.png

Terminus Cave, Victory Road and through the Friend Safari.

20455_evolution.png

20527_714-715.png

Noibat evolves into Noivern at level 48

20462_levelup.png

--- Screech
--- Supersonic
--- Tackle
Lv. 5 - Leech Life
Lv. 11 - Gust
Lv. 13 - Bite
Lv. 16 - Wing Attack
Lv. 18 - Agility
Lv. 23 - Air Cutter
Lv. 27 - Roost
Lv. 31 - Razor Wind
Lv. 35 - Tailwind
Lv. 40 - Whirlwind
Lv. 43 - Super Fang
Lv. 48 - Air Slash
Lv. 58 - Hurricane

20469_artwork.png

Noibat-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p09_03.jpg
oct_p09_04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There's no way around it - Noibats are frelling adorable. The fact they proceed to evolve into Noivern (which is seriously one of my favorite things this gen) makes them even awesomer.

(Now if only the things weren't so sodding late game).

Noivern is pretty stinking awesome!!!!!

Besides that I have pokemon x but I haven't seen one of these things yet.;_;

*SLIGHT SPOILERS...?*

You can find Noibat in Terminus cave when they drop from the ceiling (Bulbapedia and the Kalos guidebook say they are very rare in there...but I found one on my first try XD), but you can only go there after defeating Lynsandre and getting rid of the ultimate weapon. You can also find them on Victory Road (Average rarity) :3
*END SPOILERS(?)*

Noivern is super awesome :D
Favourite Kalos Pokemon by a longshot ^^

*SLIGHT SPOILERS...?*

You can find Noibat in Terminus cave when they drop from the ceiling (Bulbapedia and the Kalos guidebook say they are very rare in there...but I found one on my first try XD), but you can only go there after defeating Lynsandre and getting rid of the ultimate weapon. You can also find them on Victory Road (Average rarity) :3
*END SPOILERS(?)*

Noivern is super awesome :D
Favourite Kalos Pokemon by a longshot ^^
I've seen a noibat now don't worry