• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#652 - Chesnaught

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
652-0.png

#652 Chesnaught
[type=grass][/type]/[type=fighting][/type]
View attachment 14885
Japanese Name:
Burigaron
Classification: Spiny Armour Pokémon
Height: 5'03''
Weight: 198.4 lbs.
Egg Group: Field

View attachment 14889
Ability: Overgrow
Hidden Ability: Bulletproof

View attachment 14888
Revealed: Chesnaught was officially revealed by Pokemon.com on the 12th of October. It, along with Delphox and Greninja, was leaked a few days prior to the official reveal but was not reported on due to Nintendo's wishes for them not to be revealed before the games release.

View attachment 14893
X: Its Tackle is forceful enough to flip a 50-ton tank. It shields its allies from danger with its own body.
Y: When it takes a defensive posture with its fists guarding its face, it could withstand a bomb blast.

View attachment 14892
Evolve Quilladin

View attachment 14894

View attachment 14928
Evolves from Quilladin at level 36

View attachment 14901
--- Feint
--- Hammer Arm
--- Belly Drum
--- Tackle
--- Growl
Lv. 5 - Vine Whip
Lv. 8 - Rollout
Lv. 11 - Bite
Lv. 15 - Leech Seed
Lv. 20 - Pin Missile
Lv. 30 - Take Down
Lv. 35 - Seed Bomb
Lv. 36 - Spiky Shield
Lv. 41 - Mud Shot
Lv. 44 - Bulk Up
Lv. 48 - Body Slam
Lv. 52 - Pain Split
Lv. 55 - Wood Hammer
Lv. 60 - Hammer Arm
Lv. 70 - Giga Impact
Lv. 75 - Spiky Shield

View attachment 14908
20161_Chesnaught-X-and-Y.jpg

View attachment 14909
oct_p01_02_je8sw.jpg
oct_p01_01_90dse.jpg

oct_p01_03_bdu8s.png

Attachments

• Chesnaught-X-and-Y-1.jpg
    Chesnaught-X-and-Y-1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 413
Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, even though this isn't quite what I was hoping for, Chesnaught is still a vast improvement to Qulladin. I mean, I wish it had more green on it, and some type of sword and shield, but oh well. At least it salvaged the Chespin line for me, still picking it whenever I get Y Version.

Interestingly, Shiny Chesnaught has its previous form's color scheme, although the brown in its palette is slightly more reddish. It can also somehow morph its arms together into a giant buckler-like shield with spikes (it's meant to be its spiky shield move, but it also does this for most defensive attacks)

I was really surprised when I first saw this guy, but I also was very happy at how badass the silly-looking Quilladin became upon evolution. This guy is touuuggggghhhh, and his movepool emphasizes this. Type-wise however, it's pretty frail. If it was Grass/Steel however...well, I can dream anyway.

Overall, I'm so proud of how my little Chespin grew up into a big badass hero, and that I stuck with it in spite of everyone's doubts about Quilladin.

I just now realized that these starters all are 4x weak against each other. Delphfox is Fire/Psychic who is weak against Greninja's Water/Dark. Chesnaught is weak against Delphfox due to being Grass/fighting and Greninja is weak against Chesnaught.

There have been rumors about dark/fighting/psychic starters for a while now.
Those were extremely unlikely but now they kinda made it happen with the double triangle.

Also, he shares his palette with Breloom, another fighting/grass type.
Its fitting.
Sadly its shield ability wont come close to the likes of Aegislash, but its better than protect either way.

I'm still planning on having Chespin as my main starter for pokémon x, because it's still my favorite as far as the basic forms, but I think it'll take me a while to accept its new evolved form. I like it and all, it's just I was expecting something a little more epic and warrior-like
Now THIS is what I'm talking about!!! Chesnaught may not be the most popular choice compared to Delphox & Greninja, but he's just dripping with awesomeness for me. I now take back everything I said about Quilladin

I am currently doing a chespin line solo run and he's over 9000!!!8)8)
he's so cute:love:...

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I was always going to pick Chespin (and I did, and I don't regret it), when I saw Quilladin I was like "meh…", but I still wanted to choose Chespin since it is adorable and I just new that it's final evo would be the best…… I was right. Chesnaught is amazing and would probably be my fourth favourite kalos Pokemon, and in my top 20 favorite Pokemon overall. Chesnaught's design is amazing and I don't mind at all that he looks a lot different from Chespin and Quilladin. It's a real shame that Chespin was still the least-popular starter, because Chesnaught is amazing.

Before I saw that Chespin and Froakie were gotta be different. I thought that Chespin would evolve into a Grass Dark and Froakie Water Fighting but I was wrong.

My Main Starter Types I chose for every Generation types would be Grass and Water. Gen 1 Blastoise, Gen 2 Feraligatr, Gen 3 Sceptile, Gen 4 Torterra (First Starter), Gen 5 Serperior, And Gen 6 Chesnaught. In BW 2 I chose Emboar.