• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Gengar

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
094Gengar_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Gengar
[type=ghost][/type]/[type=poison][/type]

20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaGangar
Height: 4' 07"
Weight: 89.3 lbs
Classification: Shadow Pokémon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Shadow Tag

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Gengar was revealed on the 10th of October via a CoroCoro leak along with Mega Tyranitar and Mega Aggron. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.
Additional Info: Mega Gengar's significantly increased Special Attack stat is said to put it in the top tier of all Pokemon. Its unblinking third eye allows it to see into other dimensions.

20483_stats.png

Mega Gengar's most notable stat boost is to its Sp. Attack but it also receives boosts to its Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed stats.

HP: 60
Attack: 65
Defense: 80
Sp. Attack: 170
Sp. Defense: 95
Speed: 130

20479_locations.png

Mega Stone
:
Gengarite
X/Y:
Laverre City.
OR/AS: Battle Resort (following Delta Episode).

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Gengar.

20472_artwork.png

MegaGengar-X-and-Y.png Shiny_Mega_Gengar-Artwork.png
20482_screenshots.png

oct_p14_03.jpg
oct_p14_01.jpg
oct_p14_04.jpg
oct_p14_02---Copy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, I already knew about this Pokemon; it was one of the leaked Mega Pokemon I've seen, so it's not a surprise. I will say, however, that the official artwork does it justice; it looked terrible in the in-game screenshot to me.

It's not my favorite Mega Evolution, (Mega Absol and Mega Banette gets all the love) yet I couldn't resist using one. IT'S SO GOOD!! (P.S: Regular colored Gengar is better than shiny colored Gengar.)

I can see why Mega gengar is in ubers. I can hardly see a way to defeat thing thing. Only thing I can think of that can defeat it easily is mega kanghaskan. The. Again people can also out predicts you.

MEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE IT

At first I hated this Mega, but now I kinda like it. I don't like the third eye though, and how it's legs and hands are in the ground either. Other than that I think it is pretty cool. The shiny version looks badass :D

Shiny Mega Gengar looks cooler in my opinion. I just think some of the shiny pokemon look better than the regular ones.

I think I'm the only one who ISN'T looking foward to the shiny Mega Gengar event as my 3DS is glitched and frozen. :( But Mega Gengar is still cool in my opinion and its shiny is possibly the most coolest ghost type shiny (except for Chandelure and male jellicent cuase i like green) I've ever seen. But how is is it not banned by Smogon yet? (Or is it and i havent been paying attention?)

GENGAR LOVE MEGA-EVOLUTION !!! unfortunately mega-gengar looses its levitation ability making it weak to ground type (i think) so if you ever battle one use EARTHQUAKE!!! apparently it is so strong that it has been banned from online Pokemon tournament battles! GENGAR RULES HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!