• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#685 - Slurpuff

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
685-0.png

#685 Slurpuff
[type=fairy][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Peroriimu
Classification: Meringue Pokémon
Height: 2' 07"
Weight: 11.0 lbs.
Egg Group: Fairy

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Sweet Veil
Hidden Ability: Unburden

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Slurpuff was first found alongside Aromatisse on the 2nd of October on a new advert going around for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. The Pokémon was officially revealed worldwide on the 3rd of October.

Additional Info: Slurpuff has an unbelievable sense of smell—a hundred million times more sensitive than that of humans. With its highly attuned senses, it can distinguish the faintest of odors.

20454_pokedex.png

X: It can distinguish the faintest of scents. It puts its sensitive sense of smell to use by helping pastry chefs in their work.
Y: Its sense of smell is 100 million times better than a human's, so even the faintest scent tells it about everything in the area. It's like it can see with its nose!

20453_locations.png

Evolve Swirlix.

20455_evolution.png

20510_684-685.png

Evolves from Swirlix when traded holding a Whipped Dream.

20462_levelup.png

--- Sweet Scent
--- Tackle
Lv. 5 - Fairy Wind
Lv. 8 - Play Nice
Lv. 10 - Fake Tears
Lv. 13 - Round
Lv. 17 - Cotton Spore
Lv. 21 - Endeavour
Lv. 26 - Aromatherapy
Lv. 31 - Draining Kiss
Lv. 36 - Energy Ball
Lv. 41 - Cotton Guard
Lv. 45 - Wish
Lv. 49 - Play Rough
Lv. 58 - Light Screen
Lv. 67 - Safeguard

20469_artwork.png

Slurpuff.jpg

20470_screenshots.png

oct_p6_06_vo6fd.jpg
oct_p6_05_z0d8s.jpg
oct_p6_04_l033e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Safe to say I dislike this thing even more than I disliked its pre-evolution, and that's a hell of a lot.

It is a cupcake with a derpy :p face.

Cotton Candy mutating into a Cupcake.

... Le sigh. Fricking food Pokes.

Every time I think of this Pokemon now, I picture a Dragon choking to death with this thing in its mouth. And that is the secret of how Dragons are weak to Fairy Types.

...that or the Dragons laugh themselves to death after seeing their opponent. :p

Still, glad this thing keeps Sweet Veil, I like that ability so far.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
My first thought when I saw Slurpuff was "Oh dear God, why?!" and was quickly followed by "Well @Picnicker Virgil will love this 'Mon." :p

The in-game sprites are better for it than the official artwork by a far bit, but I still doubt I will ever train it. Slurpuff seems to be the new Stunfisk or something. Extreme derp, but will get weird amounts of love for it.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
My first thought when I saw Slurpuff was "Oh dear God, why?!" and was quickly followed by "Well @Picnicker Virgil will love this 'Mon." :p

The in-game sprites are better for it than the official artwork by a far bit, but I still doubt I will ever train it. Slurpuff seems to be the new Stunfisk or something. Extreme derp, but will get weird amounts of love for it.
Stunfisk is the most amazing creature ever to... flop the earth. How dare you besmirch its name. :|

Basically, I was dubious about this Pokémon until I saw the proper art and realised it's just Swirlix in a hat who has eaten too many Vanillish. And for that I like it.

This thing is so derpy lol. If i ever get another 3DS, I might try to use this thing. It will be a joy to beat up Pokemon with a cupcake.