• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#699 - Aurorus

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
699-0.png

#699 Aurorus
[type=rock][/type]/[type=ice][/type][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Amaruruga
Classification: Tundra Pokemon
Height: 8'10''
Weight: 496lbs
Egg Group: Monster

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Refrigerate
Hidden Ability: Snow Warning

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Leaked on the French website Jeux Video on the 19th of September 2013. Although revealed on separate websites, Aurorus was revealed around the same time as Tyrantrum.

Additional Info: In order to obtain one for yourself you'll need to restore the Sail Fossil into Amaura at the Fossil Lab.

20454_pokedex.png

X: The diamond-shaped crystals on its body expel air as cold as -240 degrees fahrenheit, surrounding its enemies and encasing them in ice.
Y: Using its diamond-shaped crystals, it can instantly create a wall of ice to block an opponent's attack.

20453_locations.png

Evolve Amaura

20455_evolution.png

20517_698-699.png

Evolves from Amaura at level 39 at night.

20462_levelup.png

--- Freeze-Dry
--- Growl
--- Powder Snow
Lv. 5 - Thunder Wave
Lv. 10 - Rock Throw
Lv. 13 - Icy Wind
Lv. 15 - Take Down
Lv. 18 - Mist
Lv. 20 - Aurora Beam
Lv. 26 - Ancient Power
Lv. 30 - Round
Lv. 34 - Avalanche
Lv. 38 - Hail
Lv. 43 - Nature Power
Lv. 46 - Encore
Lv. 50 - Light Screen
Lv. 56 - Ice Beam
Lv. 63 - Hyper Beam
Lv. 74 - Blizzard
Lv. 77 - Freeze-Dry

20469_artwork.png

600px-Aurorus.png
20470_screenshots.png

DSDS_zps07793d2f.png
pokemon-x-nintendo-3dkgfz8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure what to think if this is real. Definitely looks better than its godawful first form, but I was hoping for something a bit niftier. Also them frills are ridiculous.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Diamond Dinosaur! I really like the frills, and I really like the Aurora theme they seem to have used. I usually much prefer one fossil of the generation over the other, but I really do like both of the Kalos fossils. I hope both are available in both games, if not I'll have some trading to organise!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond Dinosaur! I really like the frills, and I really like the Aurora theme they seem to have used. I usually much prefer one fossil of the generation over the other, but I really do like both of the Kalos fossils. I hope both are available in both games, if not I'll have some trading to organise!

All of this. All of it! I really love what they did with this design and it completely saved the line for me. ♥

I think I'll still likely go for Tyrunt on my first playthrough but I'll be happy to pick up an Amaura at some point for Aurorus. Its ability is going to be fun to toy with. ^^

Amaura was rather plain looking, yes; it's evolution looks a lot better. However, I'm rather biased with Tyrunt for being a T-Rex, so I'll probably train one of those first before getting this fabulous sauropod. I do have intentions of training it though, it's ability and typing are very interesting!

Any ideas on how it's stats might turn out? I'm thinking something along the lines of Lapras, with equal offensives and a focus on defense. I just hope its ability will see some use, given that the better normal moves are physically-oriented.

Altough I pretty like its design, (and man, them frills) I'll enjoy even more hurting this thing with a Flash Cannon of Doom. 'Nuff said.
Have to admit though, its ability is really something I did not expect. We'll see where it goes.

Those....those frills.. They're all over the place! I like this design, even though I'm going to be using Tyrunt over this, I still like it. I also adore those diamond like ice things on it's sides.

I guess it's alright. I like the gems, and I used to love the dinosaurs with the long necks when I was younger so it's got that going for it. But overall, I wouldn't be sad if this thing stayed extinct.

Right now I'm definitely adding one of the fossil pokémon to my team, but now I'm torn between the two:
  • On one hand, I'm in love with Tyrantrum and the kid in me is saying "OH MY GOSH!! IT'S A T-REX!! MY MOST ABSOLUTE FAVORITE DINOSAUR OF ALL TIME!!! GET IT!!! GET IT!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE GET IT!!!!!" Not to mention its Rock/Dragon typing is like icing on the cake to me.
  • On the other hand, I really like Aurorus' s design too & I've really been considering adding an Ice type to my team for months now. Plus, its Refrigerate ability and new move Freeze Dry are definitely tempting.

Basically, one is more practical while the other one is based on fan-boy geek outs