• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#678 - Meowstic

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
678-1.png
678-0.png

Female is the white, male is the blue
#678 Meowstic
[type=psychic][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Nyaonikusu
Classification: Constraint Pokémon
Height: 2' 00"
Weight: 18.7 lbs.
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Keen Eye or Infiltrator
Hidden Ability: Own Tempo

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Meowstic was revealed along with Mega Garchomp, Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Furfrou, Amaura and Tyrunt on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak. It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

Additional Info: Meowstic is a Pokémon that has different forms depending on its gender. Not only do male and female Meowstic look different, but they also have different moves they can learn!

20454_pokedex.png

X: When in danger, it raises its ears and releases enough psychic power to grind a 10-ton truck into dust.
Y: The eyeball patterns on the interior of its ears emit a psychic energy. It keeps the patterns tightly covered because that power is too immense.

20453_locations.png

Evolve Espurr.

20455_evolution.png

20507_677-678.png

Evolves from Espurr at Level 25.

20462_levelup.png

--- Quick Guard
--- Mean Look
--- Helping Hand
--- Scratch
--- Leer
Lv. 5 - Covet
Lv. 9 - Confusion
Lv. 13 - Light Screen
Lv. 17 - Psybeam
Lv. 19 - Fake Out
Lv. 25 - Psyshock
Lv. 28 - Charm
Lv. 31 - Miracle Eye
Lv. 35 - Reflect
Lv. 40 - Psychic
Lv. 43 - Role Play
Lv. 45 - Imprison
Lv. 48 - Sucker Punch
Lv. 50 - Misty Terrain
Lv. 53 - Quick Guard

20469_artwork.png

Meowstic-male-and-female.png
20470_screenshots.png

Meowstic_Male_and_Female_Ve.png
Meowstic_Male_Version_Offic.png
Meowstic_Female_Version_Off.png

Meowstic_Female_Version_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Meowstic_Male_Version_Official_Screenshot_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Yeah! The female one has the cooler design. :) I can use it ingame then (as defensive Pokemon get a bit annoying to use ingame for me). But as I said in the news post, I really love the designs for both of these forms. Unlike Jellicent where one of the genders looked kind of terrible, both of these look really good.

nnnnn just give them to me. I won't make them battle, I just want to keep them as pets. Please. Is Pokemon cheerleading an option? I don't want to send these cuties into battle ;A;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
This is probably my favorite out of the bunch right now. I dunno why, maybe I have an affinity for bipedal kittens or something, but gosh they're so adorable and cute and nyaaaaaaaaa ♥

I will definitely be choosing female. If I get this Pokemon, I'll want to be able to hit hard offensively, and female Meowstic will do the job. I don't need a support Pokemon like this filling up a spot in my party, anyway.

That being said, I'll still catch both, of course.

My favorite thing about them is the fact that both get different moves and look different when evolving. It's a nice touch, they look awesome and they did something that we saw for Nidoran and Combee (Combee's was a bit weird and didn't make sense.)