• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#696 - Tyrunt

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
696-0.png

#696 Tyrunt
[type=rock][/type]/[type=dragon][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Chigorasu
Classification: Royal Heir Pokémon
Height: 2' 07"
Weight: 57.3 lbs.
Egg Group: Monster, Dragon

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Strong Jaw
Hidden Ability: Sturdy

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Tyrunt was revealed along with Mega Garchomp, Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Furfrou , Meowstic and Amaura on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak. It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

Additional Info: Tyrunt is one of the Kalos Region's fossil Pokemon, along with Amaura. It is believed that Tyrunt is over one million years old. It is known to be a bit selfish and will throw a fit if it doesn't like something. To obtain one for yourself you will need to restore the Jaw Fossil at the Fossil Lab.

20454_pokedex.png

X: This Pokémon was restored from a fossil. If something happens that it doesn't like, it throws a tantrum and runs wild.
Y: Its immense jaws have enough destructive force that it can chew up an automobile. It lived 100 million years.

20453_locations.png

Revive Jaw Fossil

20455_evolution.png

20516_696-697.png

Evolves into Tyrantrum at level 39 if levelled up in the day.

20462_levelup.png

--- Tail Whip
--- Tackle
Lv. 6 - Roar
Lv. 10 - Stomp
Lv. 12 - Bide
Lv. 15 - Stealth Rock
Lv. 17 - Bite
Lv. 20 - Charm
Lv. 26 - Ancient Power
Lv. 30 - Dragon Tail
Lv. 34 - Crunch
Lv. 37 - Dragon Claw
Lv. 40 - Thrash
Lv. 44 - Earthquake
Lv. 49 - Horn Drill

20469_artwork.png

Tyrunt.png
20470_screenshots.png

Tyrunt_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
sept_p15_04_4uusq.jpg

Tyrunt_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Easily my favourite of todays reveals. A Dragon/Rock T-Rex is just made of love and sparkles and eeeee ♥ I hope it's available early-ish in game so that I can have one (which I think I've now said for over six Pokemon so I'm in trouble!).

Gotta name it Chomper like the little 'Rex from Land Before Time :'D

I'm really liking how the two fossil Pokémon have been used to cover two more type combinations involving rock. Not sure if I'll use this guy, but I'm pretty tempted.

Oh yes, I'm picking this guy in Y! Definitely my favorite of the two fossils, and it includes one of my favorite types, too! And with Huge Jaw added in, I'm gonna be Crunch-ing away 8)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This thing has a fair bit of potential. I like the type combination and assuming that it gets the right sort of move-sets to support that ability of its (and the stats to use them), it could be usable. It looks rather awkward, though - hopefully evolution fixes that.

I'm getting this pokémon no matter what. I was always one of those boys who loved dinosaurs as a kid, & like most boys the T-Rex was my absolute favorite. I don't even care that it's part Dragon type, I JUST WANT A T-FREAKIN'-REX

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... You know, I only just realized it actually has a feather collar. That sort of improves my opinion on it greatly. XD

Huge Jaw indeed! O_O I've always been a big fan of the fossils and this one doesn't change my stance on that!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Oh it's just so adorable in the screenshots! I really can't wait to get my hands on this little dude, and here's hoping for a truly badass-looking T-Rex of doom evolution!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Gotta name it Chomper like the little 'Rex from Land Before Time :'D

Yessss, THIS! It has to be done! :D

I absolutely love Tyrunt. Adorable design, great typing, a nice new ability... As long as its evolution isn't horridly designed, and Noivern isn't available too early on (because type overlapping </3), then Tyrunt is most certainly going on my first Kalos team.

That bit about it having a somewhat selfish personality very cute too. ♥

Finally, a Tyrannosaurus fossil Pokemon! :D
I still think it could've been designed better, but its still pretty awesome.

...Unfortunately, along with a bunch of other Pokemon I love, it will have to stay in my box until I magically get a much bigger party >_<