• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

8th Movie

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
We all know by now that Mew features in it somehow. However, some thinking has gotten me onto considering that those blasted Regis may well be in it as well.

We do know that the movie features a medievil castle because they were off researching within one in the summer and there's a castle visible in the trailer.

Regis equates to King. Regal. Etc. Where do Kings live?

The story of the Regis has never really been made clear outside of the knowledge that they're Man Made.

My personal theory is that they're statues - made in honour of three great kings. Kings of the House of Steel, the House of Ice and the House of Stone.

But, somehow they gained autonomous existence - maybe through Mew? And threatened to end the world. So, they were defeated and locked away.

What the plot of the 8th movie could revolve around could be similar to that of P2k. Someone out there is hunting down the Regis and by doing so threatens the world. If Mew gave them this life - then it may be down to Mew to stop them. But pfft to that, we all know there's no way a Pokemon could do that on it's own.

Clearly, the world will turn to ash......

The movie may well be a double-edged blade in other words. On one point it has Mew. On the other, the Regis are quite likely in it.

Poo.

Oh well, if it revolves around Ash killing them/beating them etc, maybe i'll like it anyway. The fact Mew features anyway is enough for me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I said something similar in the other topics ;)

They've never bypassed a legendary yet, so I think it'd only be logical that the Regis were featured in this one too. And yeah, their origin is very ancient and mysterious, somewhat like Mew's. It could easily work IMO.

It makes me laugh that some people thought Ash wouldn't be in the move at all. Yeah, like that's gonna happen! An hour and a half of Mew language... :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just to chalk one up for the Regis, the anime is focusing on them...

In japan when they go for a break in the anime, there's a motif of a Pokemon in the background and the heroes tween into frame before they cut to ads. Ever since Symphonic Medley started, they've been the Regis. Who just happen to appear in that too - strangely enough, actually battling Ash, no legendaries have done that in an intro.

Rayquaza was floating about in this motifs in the summer - so it does seem to point towards something...

Only a few months until we know for certain.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ash battling and creaming 'em in one attack... Including a Quick Attack no less! (Unless it was Volt Tackle...) Guess they had to keep something standard, eh? ;)

Heh... If the Regis are finally beginning to get their showtime I'd say it's a sure bet they'll be in this movie. Who knows, tho? I'm not gonna bet on anything ^^

... even though I said 'sure bet'. Ignore that pleaz ;p

lol theres no such thing as a sure bet. Who knows the new movie may be about Pikachu. Yup 2 hours of explaining the origins of why pikachu refuses to go inside his Pokeball. Hey I've seen stupider movies this year. Actually this year I don't think any movies I've seen had a decent plot. Or here's an idea I thinkt he next movie should be about Porygon it coud be thel POkequel to the Matrix :p

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
2 hours of why Pikachu refuses to go inside his Pokeball? I'd buy it :). Yup, I'm the person who prefers the Pikachu shorts to the actual films :D.

The Regis are kinda naff as legendaries go. Not sure why. Probably because they look like crap. I mean, most legendaries look super-powerful, or at least interesting, whereas the Regis are just animated statues with Braille on. Whoopie do.

Mind you, I guess a Regi movie might make me actually care about them a bit more...