• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#719 - Diancie

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Diancie-Pokemon-X-and-Y.png

#719 - Diancie
[type=rock][/type]/[type=fairy][/type]
(Please note: This Pokémon has only been released in Japan so far. An international release has been announced, but no date or method has been set. We will update as soon as an event is revealed!)
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Dianshii
Classification: Jewel Pokémon
Height: 2' 04"
Weight: 19.4 lbs
Egg Group: No answer

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Clear Body
Hidden Ability: ???

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon was discovered in the game code by the hacker smea through replacing memory values. The Pokémon was then officially revealed in the February leaks of CoroCoro and then later revealed worldwide by Pokémon.com

Additional Info: "Diancie can create diamonds out of thin air by compressing the carbon in the atmosphere with its hands. It uses these jewels in battle to attack enemies and protect itself."

20454_pokedex.png

X: ???
Y: ???

20453_locations.png

This Pokémon cannot be found via normal gameplay.

20455_evolution.png

20462_levelup.png

20469_artwork.png

20470_screenshots.png

diancie_02.jpg
diancie_04.jpg
diancie_03.jpg
diancie_08.jpg
diancie_01.jpg
diancie_13.jpg
DiancieAmie.png

Last edited by a moderator:
"A sudden transformation of Carbink, its pink, glimmering body is said to be the loveliest sight in the whole world." I'm surprised why they couldn't have just gave Carbink an evolution.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
This is one of those Pokemon that I feel I should dislike but find myself liking it anyway. It'd be so shiny if it was real ♥

I believe it's a mystery gift that works at the moment
64932_trainercard-Pwns.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I believe it's a mystery gift that works at the moment
64932_trainercard-Pwns.png

"At the moment?" You mean, right now, I could get a Diance from Mystery Gift?
No. @Pwns, please don't spread misinformation - Diancie is not available yet. We will update this entry and post a news article as and when Diancie's distributions are announced.

Last edited:
Diancie isn't the only leaked Pokemon. There's also Volcanion, and Hoopa. I think that the three may be event Pokemon as well.

Maybe carbink has a mega evolution? We'll diancie does look awfully a lot like cabins so maybe it's possible? Maybe it's a form change?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There is no connection between the two in-game. It is not an evolution or a form change - and the only Mega Evolutions that weren't released yet of the batch that exists right now are for Latios and Latias. There is no Mega Stone for Carbink (or any other gen 6 Pokémon, for that matter) at present.

Diancie IS linked to Carbink lore-ways: it is described as a rare, mysterious transformation of Carbink - but not an evolution. Think of carbon under millions of years of heavy compression underground turning into a diamond - that is the sort of connection we have here. Alternately think of Manaphy and Phione. Related, but don't evolve into one another.

(No, I'm not dead!) I have some sort of feeling that Diance and maybe. Hoopa are related to the dial in Anistar City.. One reason is: Just look at Diance! She's got pink diamond all over her! [Or really dark rose quartz..] And what's the Anistar Dial made of! Pink diamond/quartz!
Second reason: Remeber the one lady that speaks of the shadow of the Anistar Dial? Seems a little suspicious, like it's hinting towards treasure..*cough*Diance*cough* But, these are just theories...A Game Theory. [No, literally. It's a theory...about a game. Please don't sue me..]

(No, I'm not dead!) I have some sort of feeling that Diance and maybe. Hoopa are related to the dial in Anistar City.. One reason is: Just look at Diance! She's got pink diamond all over her! [Or really dark rose quartz..] And what's the Anistar Dial made of! Pink diamond/quartz!
Second reason: Remeber the one lady that speaks of the shadow of the Anistar Dial? Seems a little suspicious, like it's hinting towards treasure..*cough*Diance*cough* But, these are just theories...A Game Theory. [No, literally. It's a theory...about a game. Please don't sue me..]
Wait, Quartz? Like, the gem? Like... Diamonds?
SINNOH CONFIRMED
GOOD DAY EVERYONE

So... is diance out in the us yet? because i met someone on wi-fi who had a diance and is from australia. but let me guess, only japan still has it i take it?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So... is diance out in the us yet? because i met someone on wi-fi who had a diance and is from australia. but let me guess, only japan still has it i take it?

No, it hasn't yet been released internationally, nor has a solid date for its event distribution been announced. The most TPCi has done is acknowledge its existence and stated that its coming soon. The person you met with the Diancie most likely had the Japanese event version of it. :)

The pokemon website actually announced that from October 27 to November 16 you can get Diancie in the u.s. at game stop

I don't understand it could've just been a evolution not a legendairy (or mythical but I say myths are legends) BUT it does make it have a lot of lore because of that. xD