1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#703 - Carbink

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Magpie, Oct 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

703-0.png
    #703 Carbink
    Rock / Fairy
    [​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Mereshī
    Classification: Jewel Pokemon
    Height: 1'00''
    Weight: 12.6 lbs
    Egg Group: Fairy, Mineral

[​IMG]
    Ability: Clear Body
    Hidden Ability: Sturdy

[​IMG]
    Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: Carbink is born deep, deep underground and has remained hidden there for millions of years. Its timid personality leads it to live in gloomy caves, where it usually remains unseen by human eyes. Carbink are genderless.

[​IMG]
    X: Born from the temperatures and pressures deep underground, it fires beams from the stone in its head.
    Y: It has slept underground for hundreds of millions of years since its birth. It's occasionally found during the excavation of caves.

[​IMG]
    Reflection Cave

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Does not evolve

[​IMG]
    --- Tackle
    --- Harden
    Lv. 5 - Rock Throw
    Lv. 8 - Sharpen
    Lv. 12 - Smack Down
    Lv. 18 - Reflect
    Lv. 21 - Stealth Rock
    Lv. 27 - Guard Split
    Lv. 31 - Ancient Power
    Lv. 35 - Flail
    Lv. 40 - Skill Swap
    Lv. 46 - Power Gem
    Lv. 49 - Stone Edge
    Lv. 50 - Moonblast
    Lv. 60 - Light Screen
    Lv. 70 - Safe Guard

[​IMG]

Carbink-X-and-Y.png
    [​IMG]
    oct_p08_03.jpg oct_p08_04.jpg

#1 Magpie, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    BooBerry and MandyLandy62 like this.
  2. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually really like this little fellow... it's cute and the Magpie in me likes the fact that it's the jewel Pokemon :') It's a shame that it's a stand alone without an evolution but I do like it. May have to acquire a plush of it should they ever make one. I want so many plushies from this Gen xD

3. This thing is basically a rock with ears and eyes and yet I am absolutely in love with it! However, it's movepool is kinda average. It can do it's job adequately, but it'd be nice if there was more to it, especially since it's attempting to be a less drastic version of Shuckle. The fact that it's genderless doesn't do it any favors in way of egg moves either.

Overall, it's cute but it feels like an incomplete Pokemon. I was really disappointed that it doesn't evolve into anything, but I guess I'm content with sticking with this cute little bugger for now~♥

4. i love my Dia ((my carbink))

5. Its remind me of Diancie.......same types

6. good thing that its a fairy type otherwise saybele would mug these things like crazy. 'snicker'

7. Does anyone else think that Carbink will somehow have something to do with Diancie? It's too hard not to see the similarities.

8. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

It's been officially confirmed for quite a while that it does - Diancie, lore-ways, is a result of a Carbink completing a transformation - probably the reason the things are buried deep underground for to begin with.

Obviously, though, this is just flavor text. Carbink cannot evolve into Diancie nor can Diancie produce Carbink offspring, even with Ditto. However, the connection is confirmed and has been... since Diancie was officially revealed, really. XP

AzureEdge likes this.