1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#687 - Malamar

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Demelza, Jul 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

687-0.png
    #687 Malamar
    Dark / Psychic

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Karamanero
    Classification: Overturning Pokémon
    Height: 1.5m
    Weight: 47kg
    Egg Group: Water 1, Water 2

[​IMG]
    Ability: Contrary, Suction Cups
    Hidden Ability: Infiltrator

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Malamar was first revealed on the 11th of July in the July CoroCoro Leaks.

Additional Info: As described on Pokemon.com, "The evolved form of Inkay, Malamar wields some of the strongest hypnotic powers of any Pokémon and can make its opponents bend to its will."

[​IMG]
    X: It wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon, and it forces others to do whatever it wants.
    Y: It lures its prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps its tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids.

[​IMG]
    Evolve Inkay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evolves from Inkay at level 30 if you hold your 3DS upside down during level up.

[​IMG]
    --- Superpower
    --- Reversal
    --- Tackle
    --- Peck
    --- Constrict
    Lv. 4 - Reflect
    Lv. 8 - Foul Play
    Lv. 12 - Swagger
    Lv. 13 - Psywave
    Lv. 15 - Topsy-Turvy
    Lv. 18 - Hypnosis
    Lv. 21 - Psybeam
    Lv. 23 - Switcheroo
    Lv. 27 - Payback
    Lv. 31 - Light Screen
    Lv. 35 - Pluck
    Lv. 39 - Psycho Cut
    Lv. 43 - Slash
    Lv. 46 - Night Slash
    Lv. 48 - Superpower

[​IMG]
    malamar artwork.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Demelza, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Re: #??? - Karamanero

I absolutely love this thing for some reason ♥ I love it's design, it's has the typing I've been wanting the most since Gen 2 and it has Contrary ♥

3. Re: #??? - Karamanero

it floats right? because I'm imagining this thing waddling around trying to grab you with its little tentacles and it doesn't seem very efficient. I guess I like its design though but I already said I probably wouldn't use its pre-evo so same goes for this

HuskyDragonWolvez likes this.
  4. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Worth noting in this thread that it's pretty certain, given previous leaks that included this Pokemon and it's pre-evolution, that to evolve Inkay, you will have to turn your 3DS upside down when levelling up.

5. they are really getting creative with new ways to evolve pokemon

6. The typing is unique I guess.