1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#669 - Flabébé

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Demelza, Jun 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

669-0.png
    #669 - Flabébé
    Fairy

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Furabebe
    Classification: Single Bloom Pokémon
    Height: 0.1m / 0'04"
    Weight: 0.1kg / 0.2 lbs
    Egg Group: Fairy

[​IMG]
    Ability: Flower Veil
    Hidden Ability: Symbiosis

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Flabébé was revealed in the 2013 July CoroCoro issue alongside Scatterbug, Litleo, and Spewpa.

Additional Info: As translated from CoroCoro, "As soon as it is born, it finds a flower and stays with it all its life. Because of this, they are also seen with differently-colored flowers."

[​IMG]
    X: It draws out and controls the hidden power of flowers. The flower Flabébé holds is most likely part of its body.
    Y: When it finds a flower it likes, it dwells on that flower its whole life long. It floats in the wind's embrace with an untroubled heart.

[​IMG]
    Route 4, Route 7

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Evolves into Floette at level 19.

[​IMG]
    --- Tackle
    --- Vine Whip
    Lv. 6 - Fairy Wind
    Lv. 10 - Lucky Chant
    Lv. 15 - Razor Leaf
    Lv. 20 - Wish
    Lv. 22 - Magical Leaf
    Lv. 24 - Grassy Terrain
    Lv. 28 - Petal Blizzard
    Lv. 33 - Aromatherapy
    Lv. 37 - Misty Terrain
    Lv. 41 - Moonblast
    Lv. 45 - Petal Dance
    Lv. 48 - Solar Beam

[​IMG]
    Flabébé_official_art_550px.png
    Alternate Forms
    669-1.png 669-2.png 669-3.png 669-4.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Demelza, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Re: #??? - Furabebe

My new favourite Gen VI Pokémon. It's a bit strange that it isn't part grass, but oh well.

Am I the only one who initially thought that the flower was the Pokémon before noticing Furabebe?

Excalibur Queen likes this.
  3. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

Re: #??? - Furabebe

Nope, I thought that originally too until I sat and looked at it. It has to be said that this Pokémon is one which fits the idea of a Fairy Type the best, it's so tiny. The fact it's going to fight Dragons is still hugely amusing though.

Of those revealed today this one is one of my favourites. ^^

4. Re: #??? - Furabebe

Wait, it isn't? Oh my god. I was about to go on a rant about how this is just another flower with a face.

This pokemon really does resemble what a fairy type would look like, cute and tiny :p I like this pokemon, not saying it's my favorite but it's pretty cute.

5. Re: #??? - Furabebe

The flower is integral to the Pokémon, however. It's meant to look after that flower for life. It'll probably have a grim 'dex entry saying that it will die without it or something.

6. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

Re: #??? - Furabebe

I honestly won't be surprised if they do something like that considering the grim 'dex entries we've had in the past. And I mean, a small thing like that would be killed without a flower. x3

7. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

You know, this Pokemon has grown on me considerably. I quite like that it's a little flower-sprite sort of creature. It'd be awesome if you could encounter Flabébé on different coloured flowers, like its 'Dex entry says, but I somehow doubt that'll happen xD

8. Sir Red

Sir Red Charms' Caped Crusader

I don't know, I could definitely see them putting different colored flowers into the game. It would not be that difficult. Plus, we've had Pokemon like Spinda who have slight different looks to each of them. So I can see them giving us quite a few flower colors.

9. It would be nice if it had different colored flowers. They did do something like that in the past.
    Shellos looked different depending where you found it.
    Burmy changed its looks depending where it is until it evolved.

Also, I like how it is pure [glow=pink]FAIRY!!![/glow] It would also be nice if we found this little guy very early on in the game.

10. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast
    Staff Member Administrator

From a technical perspective, providing different coloured flowers would be fairly easy. At best you'd get a texture that can be "coloured" by the game itself based on IVs or whatever, at worst they'd provide several different flower textures for the game to choose from. Either way, with 3D models this wouldn't be difficult at all.

11. Magpie

Staff Member Moderator

I really hope they do in that case. It'd just be a really nice touch, even though it wouldn't have much use outside of aesthetics :)

12. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

They did similar with Spinda's dot patterns so I don't see why they couldn't make different coloured flowers for Flabébé.

I'd be greatly amused if this thing evolved into some hideous monstrosity to offset how sickeningly cutesy it is in this form.

13. I wish, but given that it's a fairy type, that's probably not going to happen.

14. So far Flabébé is the only Fairy type I really like, but I like it a lot. I think it's definitely given me a renewed faith in Fairy types, I hope they make more like it. Honestly I don't mind if it doesn't even evolve, I like it enough as it is.

15. I don't know what "flower" would be in French, but the most hilarious part of this pokemon (given its description) is the fact that "bebe" means "baby" in French. It seems this pokemon might literally be named "flower baby".

Also, what happens if the flower dies?

16. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

This months CoroCoro has confirmed that Flabébé does indeed have different coloured flowers depending on where they're found in Kalos. Quite happy to see the made the effort with this one. ^^

17. Magpie

Staff Member Moderator

So happy with this news. I shall have one of every coloured flower there is :')

18. I wonder if that means Flabébé is a novelty, non-evolving Pokémon. I'd be all right with that, although it would be hilarious if it had insane stats and didn't even need to evolve.

19. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't see it evolving, no. I don't really see it having decent stats either, it's just the..gimmick of the generation? Something like that. xD

20. Magpie

Staff Member Moderator

It could always evolve in a way that involves the flower, like it combines with it or something and still keeps to the flower's colour. I kind of like it the way it is though so I'm in two minds as to whether I'd want it to evolve or not.

21. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Hearing that news makes me appreciate the Pokemon much, much more. It hadn't really caught my attention up until this point but I really dig Pokemon that come in different forms or colours based on location/season/gender/etc. I don't see myself ever using it (unless by some chance that it does evolve) but hopefully it'll have decent stats for the folks who do want one. :)

22. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

Since apparently flower beds have random encounters in them now it wouldn't be too farfetched to assume that the flower beds is where you'll encounters these stupid things and that the color of the flower beds affects the color of the flower. But who knows, really? XD

23. I think this is another novelty Pokemon. The only reason I would use one is if I wanted a serious challenge, like the Luvdisc Challenge or the Charge Challenge. Also, I find it interesting that this is the lightest and smallest Pokemon yet to be revealed. This guy is super tiny!

24. At first I thought the same thing, but then I saw the evolutions..

25. Previous statement officially retracted...

26. So you're telling me if you put this small guy and let's say a Salamence does Draco Meteor and it will survive.Seems legit.