1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#666 - Vivillon

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Magpie, Jun 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

666-6.png
    #666 - Vivillon
    Bug / Flying

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Vivillon
    Classification: Scale Pokémon
    Height: 3'11"
    Weight: 37.5 lbs
    Egg Group: Bug

[​IMG]
    Ability: Shield Dust or Compoundeyes
    Hidden Ability: Friend Guard

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Vivillon was briefly revealed during the Nintendo Direct E3 Conference on the 11th of June 2013, along with Noivern.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, 'The Bug- and Flying-type Pokémon Vivillon uses its wings to scatter its scales or create a strong wind to attack. Vivillon is said to have a secret hidden in the colorful decorative pattern on its wings.' Vivillon's wing pattern and colours depends on what regional settings you have on your 3DS.

[​IMG]
    X: Vivillon with many different patterns are found all over the world. These patterns are affected by the climate of their habitat.
    Y: The patterns on this Pokémon's wings depend on the climate and topography of its habitat. It scatters colorful scales.

[​IMG]
    Friend Safari

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Evolves from Spewpa at level 12.

[​IMG]
    --- Poison Powder
    --- Stun Spore
    --- Gust
    --- Light Screen
    --- Powder
    --- Sleep Powder
    Lv. 12 - Struggle Bug
    Lv. 17 - Psybeam
    Lv. 21 - Supersonic
    Lv. 25 - Draining Kiss
    Lv. 31 - Aromatherapy
    Lv. 35 - Bug Buzz
    Lv. 41 - Safeguard
    Lv. 45 - Quiver Dance
    Lv. 50 - Hurricane
    Lv. 55 - Powder

[​IMG]
    vivillon_fr_prismillon_viv.png
    Alternate Forms
    666-0.png 666-1.png 666-2.png 666-3.png 666-4.png 666-5.png 666-7.png 666-8.png 666-9.png 666-10.png 666-11.png 666-12.png 666-13.png 666-14.png 666-15.png 666-16.png 666-17.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Magpie, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

Re: #??? - Vivilion

This is likely my least favourite of the generation six Pokémon so far, but I by no means hate it. It's kinda cute and it'll probably grow on me over time, but now I'm wondering what the bug it evolves from looks like. xD

3. So, this is Gen VI's fully evolved starting Bug Type(I'm assuming). I wonder if there's another Bug type Pokemon, as with the Caterpie and Weedle lines, or if Vivillion is one fully evolved form and there's another evolutionary path, as with Wurmple.

Excalibur Queen likes this.
  4. Looks like Vivillon is going to be the butterfree of the Kalos region.

I like this little creature, it's eyes remind me of disco balls. If I am ever to train one of these, its name will be Discofly for sure.

5. i love this cute butterfly

6. I wanna know Vivillon's secret so bad. Maybe the squares open up and have little chocolates in them like those Christmas calendars.

7. its a cute butterfly ..
    but, what kind of skill/move can vivilion use ??

8. Oh... Another butterfly. Hope it doesn't disappoint me.

9. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

After seeing what the secret behind Vivillon's wings is, I actually really, really like this Pokemon. Gotta find 'em all now! ♥

10. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Vivillon_list_5.jpg
    So this is basically the pattern I got in my game. Oddly, a friend of mine that lives nearby got a completely different colour. He must have forgotten to set his information somewhere along the lines, as this seems to be the standard pattern for the UK xD

Excalibur Queen and jaseel like this.
  11. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast
    Staff Member Administrator

Actually, both are available in the UK - certain countries have several types, and we're apparently one of them :)

Magpie likes this.
  12. I have a Vivillon just because I wanted to know what pattern I would get. It was Modern which is kinda lame in my opinion so I haven't used it since it evolved. But I do like all the different patterns ♥

13. I quite like all of the different patterns, and it seems like this would be a nice 'mon to collect each variation of. It's also not to bad ingame, at least, during the early portions. I didn't use it too much after Gym 2. I kinda wish it was Bug/Fairy, though. That would be kinda nice.

14. My goodness, all the different forms! My favorite would have to be the first one on the bottom row, because the colors remind me of Gen V, my second-favorite out of all 6 generations of Pokemon so far.

15. My fav one is the third in the bottom row.. I accualy got me one of those so..hooray!!:D

16. i do you get one of the coler so hard

Picnicker Virgil likes this.
  17. i got the high plains vivillon...... >:( polar and tundra look epic though :3

Brendon's likes this.
  18. good im not the only one who noticed the 666

Excalibur Queen and ach2140 like this.
  19. I thought the 666 Pokemon would be more. . . more sinister looking, but then again looks can be deceiving. Sometimes. Espurr would fit it better.

20. [​IMG] the #555 pokemon is happy about his new family member.
    really.
    really.
    happy.

OnePiecefan11 and ach2140 like this.
  21. Hydroblade likes this.
  22. I remember when Que (my MALE vivillon) destroyed a MEGA GYRADOS with one bug buzz:D

23. i never knew satan was actually a butterfly. im going to have nightmares now. thats enough of that but its very meh-ish in my opinion. i like its designs and i got my pokeball vivillon recently however its probably going to be in my pc

FOR ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Its number is 666... YIKES XD

25. Yah! Finaly we have somthing to collect besides unown. FYI I have caught all of the unown in Pokemon Pearl and it is sort of hard (looking for them I mean, not catching them, just use a great ball or dusk ball after putting them to sleep)

26. Vivillion is so amazing! Cool patterns, good moves, it's got all the Jazz!!!

27. Here here dude

28. #666...It's going to kill us all!
    :-O

29. I'm currently using one in X version. It's pretty good if you know how to use it. Plus some of the designs on its wings are pretty cool.

30. : Before seeing the 666 : " Wow... gen five had better bug types... : After seeing the 666 : WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

31. This pokemon is so CUTE!

32. IT IS THE BUTTERFLY FROM HELL SAVE US ALL

I wish that if you leveled Vivillon up to level 66 it would glitch to level 666 and then learn some demonic move XD

TooBlue12 likes this.
  33. So cute and colorfully. Definitely different than previous butterfly Pokémon in this way.

34. I really wish that the collection wouldn't be as difficult to get. Although I do think it was super neat to make it so versatile.

35. As I was looking through entire pokedex,I thought 666 was gonna be evil looking,but it was just a butterfly