1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#659 - Bunnelby

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Demelza, Aug 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

659-0.png
    #659 - Bunnelby
    Normal

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Horubii
    Classification: Digging Pokémon
    Height: 0.4m / 1' 04"
    Weight: 5.0kg / 11.0 lbs
    Egg Group: Field

[​IMG]
    Ability: Pick Up or Cheek Pouch
    Hidden Ability: Huge Power

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Bunnelby was revealed in the 2013 August CoroCoro issue alongside Skiddo and Dedenne.

Additional Info: Bunnelby creates its den by digging in the ground with its large, shovel-shaped ears. Its ears are strong enough to chop right through thick tree roots.

[​IMG]
    X: They use their large ears to dig burrows. They will dig the whole night through.
    Y: It has ears like shovels. Digging holes strengthens its ears so much that they can sever thick roots effortlessly.

[​IMG]
    Route 2, Route 3, Route 22

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evolves into Diggersby at level 20.

[​IMG]
    --- Tackle
    --- Agility
    --- Leer
    Lv. 7 - Quick Attack
    Lv. 10 - Double Slap
    Lv. 13 - Mud-Slap
    Lv. 15 - Take Down
    Lv. 18 - Mud Shot
    Lv. 20 - Double Kick
    Lv. 25 - Odor Sleuth
    Lv. 29 - Flail
    Lv. 33 - Dig
    Lv. 38 - Bounce
    Lv. 42 - Super Fang
    Lv. 47 - Facade
    Lv. 49 - Earthquake

[​IMG]
    Bunnelby_official_art_300dpi-500.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Demelza, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    Excalibur Queen and austin1 like this.
  2. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Bunnelby is a cute wittle wabbit but I'm somewhat disappointed that it isn't a Ground-type. Even though its evolution is likely to add the Ground-type dual type (and it better with a classification like "Digging Pokemon") I'm not overly fond of how many Normal-type dual-types are popping up this Gen. It just seems a bit excessive when so few Pokemon have been revealed thus far and we still have no idea what the total 'dex size will look like.

Ah well. Guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope that once it's all said and done we've received a nice range of type combos, and it's hard to fault a potential Normal/Ground-type evolution too much when we haven't had one yet in the past... xp

ShinyZekrom009 likes this.
  3. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

Bunnelby is cute and I love it and want to hug it forever. ♥

It's true that I'm not all that fond of the thing being a normal type either, especially when it could have easily been part ground, but they might still evolve it, so I guess we shall see. Either way I'm quietly content with it for now. ^^

Excalibur Queen likes this.
  4. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Funnily enough as soon as I saw it I thought you'd love it, haha!

It should be a Ground Type, but hopefully it will evolve into a Ground Bunny from hell :D

5. While I can't say I'm excited that another Normal-Type rabbit has been introduced, the fact that it is the "Digging Pokemon" actually makes it more interesting than Bunneary/Loppuny ever were, in my opinion. Now, I wonder if it will have an evolution?

Oh, and now we get shovel-ears on top of tail-hands?

6. My guess, it'll be similar to Bidoof and Bibarel and end up evolving into a Normal/Ground type