1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#658 - Greninja

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Magpie, Oct 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

658-0.png
    #658 - Greninja
    Water / Dark

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Gekkouga
    Classification: Ninja Pokémon
    Height: 4'11''
    Weight: 88.2 lbs.
    Egg Group: Water 1

[​IMG]
    Ability: Torrent
    Hidden Ability: Protean

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Greninja was officially revealed by Pokemon.com on the 12th of October. It, along with Delphox and Chesnaught, was leaked a few days prior to the official reveal but was not reported on due to Nintendo's wishes for them not to be revealed before the games release.

Additional Info: In can compress water into shuriken, launching them with enough force to cleave metal!

[​IMG]
    X: It creates throwing stars out of compressed water. When it spins them and throws them at high speed, these stars can split metal in two.
    Y: It appears and vanishes with a ninja's grace. It toys with its enemies using swift movements, while slicing them with throwing stars of sharpest water.

[​IMG]
    Evolve Frogadier

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Evolves from Frogadier at level 36.

[​IMG]
    --- Night Slash
    --- Role Play
    --- Mat Block
    --- Pound
    --- Growl
    Lv. 5 - Bubble
    Lv. 8 - Quick Attack
    Lv. 10 - Lick
    Lv. 14 - Water Pulse
    Lv. 20 - Smokescreen
    Lv. 23 - Shadow Sneak
    Lv. 28 - Spikes
    Lv. 33 - Faint Attack
    Lv. 36 - Water Shuriken
    Lv. 43 - Substitute
    Lv. 49 - Extrasensory
    Lv. 52 - Double Team
    Lv. 56 - Haze
    Lv. 60 - Hydro Pump
    Lv. 70 - Night Slash
    Lv. 75 - Water Shuriken

[​IMG]
    Greninja-X-and-Y.jpg
    [​IMG]
    oct_p03_02_2334d.jpg oct_p03_01_fd865.jpg
    oct_p03_03_bc7sd.png

#1 Magpie, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. *sighs* That scarf. That stupid TONGUE SCARF. Why, oh why, Game Freak?

Well, at least it can make shuriken, that is freaking awesome!

However, I'm still in debate over Fennekin or Froakie, purely because of this. :p

3. Can't say I'm a big fan of the tongue scarf either (it's not like there was anything stopping it from wearing an actual scarf; Hitmonchan, Throh, and Sawk all wear clothes for no apparent reason), but I don't regret starting with Froakie, as Greninja is an awesome fighter.

#3 Valin, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Excalibur Queen and austin1 like this.
  4. After seeing it around for a while, I don't really mind the tongue scarf anymore. It's a little gross on paper, but also quirky and it really makes Greninja stand out. Compared to the fox in the dress *Male Delphox shouting 'ROBE' in the distance* I'd say Chesnaught's and especially Greninja's appearances are more interesting and memorable.

Now if only this thing wasn't such a jack-of-all-offenses, it'd probably be more interesting in battle. Greninja, being part of the type that has the most species out of any other type, has a lot to prove. Hopefully its Dream Ability gives it an edge against the several other entries that came before it.

Excalibur Queen, harry17 and austin1 like this.
  5. well yeah..............i got confused by the tongue scarf because it`s past evos had foam/bubble scarf.................it would totally make him look better............but whateves! greninja rocks!

Excalibur Queen and austin1 like this.
  6. That greninja is epic.
    I AM CHOOSING FROAKIE!!!!

Excalibur Queen, ach2140 and austin1 like this.
  7. totaly greninja (that ability protean epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excalibur Queen, vipul and austin1 like this.
  8. I LOVE THESE THINGS

Excalibur Queen likes this.
  9. I know right froakie is the beast greninja is my fav besides infernape

Greninja is boss plus depending on the moves it uses it changes types so it can learn about anything

#10 austin1, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
  10. Greninja is EPIC

Excalibur Queen and EnygmaGaming like this.
  11. That's only if it has Protean. -.-

12. I love Greninja. I don't mind the tongue scarf, since I know the concept behind that. Plus it's shiny form looks too epic. And protean...how can I state this? Oh right: Greninja is incredibly powerful, as it gets a STAB boost on any move it uses. For some reason, I picture Koga having a greninja ._.

13. The shiny version of Greninja actually makes it look like a ninja, where as the original is blue. What ninja is blue? Seriously?

14. Lol, me 2

15. Usually Ninja's had dark blue outfits, not black. Pure black stands out in the night, whereas dark blue blends in better

16. The first time I saw it, I was like '' Is it choking with it's tounge?"
    But then I acctualy got used with it! Though, bubble scarf looks better, I can't imagine Greninja with it :p.
    Still prefer Delphox over it, but the Ninja design is too epic. And Water/Dark..
    Good job GameFreak.. Good job..

17. Am I the only one who's not super-crazy about the Froakie family?

Ruby7781 likes this.
  18. No, you're not. I'm not crazy either, I just like the idea of it. And, truth to be told, Greninja is my least favourite third-stage starter of these. But I like Frogadier, though!:'|

ignitusfire12 likes this.
  19. Greninja is my favourite pokemon after mew. look at his movement its so cool.

Greninja.gif Crobat.gif Mew.gif Charizard_Mega.gif garchomp-2.gif Serperior.gif

20. I'd go Fennekin in the game. :]

I'm not super crazy about the froakie family either, but Greninja is cool :)

#22 Dr. Pepper, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  21. Hey i didn't know anything about Froakie,Frogadier,or Greninga but guess what i choose Froakie and i did research on the other starter evoultions and i ignored them and pretended that Froakie was the only starter left.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL I had Greninja for the longest of everyone in this thread or whatever its called! I beat the game 2 months ago my Greninja is Lvl.88

#23 Poke.Jr, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
  22. O.O That Archeops and Gyarados must have gotten into some little kid's Halloween candy!

23. hope greninja doesn't step on its tongue both ow and yuck

24. i like the level 75 move

25. I Like This Pokemon Its Cool

Excalibur Queen and vipul like this.
  26. Aren't Greninjas so freakin' awesome?!? The protean ability is just way to cool and the moves it can learn are awe-some!!!!! Plus my shiny Greninja is way way to strong. And all Greninjas are right?!?

27. GRENINJA ROCKS

rayirth rai and vipul like this.
  28. Well..how can i say? Greninja's appearance is very cool. It matches with it's species. With the shiny coloration, it is epic. I'm going to get my own Greninja.

29. I think it's obvious Greninja is awesome. That's why he's a Uber now with the release of ORAS. 8)

30. I love Greninja. One of the best designs EVER!

31. I like Greninja. The tongue scarf kind of bothered me at first but I got over it after awhile.

32. Greninja is awsome its water shurikens are so powerful I wish it had a mega evolution

33. Hes the best gen 6 stsrter hands down

Excalibur Queen and rayirth rai like this.
  34. Greninja... Best Pokemon EVER!!!

35. I don't played X and Y that often (I play it every once in a while but not that much). So I don't really know what to tell you about Greninja, but.. Greninja has the best design in Gen 6 for a new pokemon in my opinion.

36. I jus love Greninja not because it has cool attacks, or it looks awesome, but mostly because it's a Pokemon tht best represents me.

37. One of greninja's moves like mat block, was seen I Super Smash Bros. for WII U