1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#657 - Frogadier

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Demelza, Sep 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

657-0.png
    #657 - Frogadier
    Water

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name:
    Gerogashira
    Classification: Bubble Frog Pokémon
    Height: 0.6m
    Weight: 10.9kg
    Egg Group: Water 1

[​IMG]
    Ability: Torrent
    Hidden Ability: Protean

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Frogadier was revealed along with Mega Garchomp, Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Braixen, Furfrou, Meowstic, Tyrunt , and Amaura on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak. It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

Additional Info: Frogadier evolves from Froakie, and when it does, its jumping skill improves. During battle, Frogadier confounds its opponents by leaping about the ceiling or into trees.

[​IMG]
    X: It can throw bubble-covered pebbles with precise control, hitting empty cans up to a hundred feet away.
    Y: Its swiftness is unparalleled. It can scale a tower of more than 2,000 feet in a minute's time.

[​IMG]
    Friend Safari

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evolves from Froakie at level 16 and into Greninja at level 36.

[​IMG]
    --- Growl
    --- Pound
    Lv. 5 - Bubble
    Lv. 8 - Quick Attack
    Lv. 10 - Lick
    Lv. 14 - Water Pulse
    Lv. 20 - Smokescreen
    Lv. 23 - Round
    Lv. 28 - Fling
    Lv. 33 - Smack Down
    Lv. 38 - Substitute
    Lv. 44 - Bounce
    Lv. 48 - Double Team
    Lv. 55 - Hydro Pump

[​IMG]
    Frogadier.png
    [​IMG]
    Frogadier_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg Frogadier_Official_Screenshot_3_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    Frogadier_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

#1 Demelza, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. It's looking pretty likely at this point that the Froakie evolution line with culminate in a glorious Ninja Frog of amazing. Really tempted to switch away from Fennekin at this point.

3. He looks like a cool older brother who would drive you and your friends places and would stand up for you against bullies and when your first girlfriend breaks up with you he would be all comforting and stuff. His little bubbles just keep going and going off the page I wonder what they are doing.

4. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey Member of the Literary Elite Four

Looks like I made the right choice when I jumped on the Froakie bandwagon. Of the three middle forms Gerogashira is the coolest. I'm still hoping it won't evolve into a Fighting-type because that would make it a Poliwrath clone (Water-Fighting Frog). If the final evolution is Ice, Dark, or remains pure Water that'll be fine with me.

Ariados twice and Kraisia like this.
  5. Burgundy

Burgundy Formerly SuperSableye24

Well then.... I'm glad I chose Froakie from the beginning. The others are okay, but this is definitely my favorite mid-evolution.

6. Sir Red

Sir Red Charms' Caped Crusader

Yes, everyone join the glorious Froakie bandwagon. Let this be a lesson that the Water starter is always better than the others!

I cannot wait to see what the final form for it looks like. The design for this evolution is very sleek and simple, while still being distinct enough to draw your eye to it and it has a nice amount of character. I am further affirmed in my choice of Froakie now. :)

Shocari likes this.
  7. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Seems to be a trend happening here~

This froggy's design is easily my favourite mid-staged form of the Kalos starters too. I'd already begun to favour Froakie over Fennekin (still love Chespin best ♥) and seeing this kinda one-sided that favoritism. Hopefully it'll continue on to have a nifty final stage design too!

ShinyZekrom009 likes this.
  8. it sucks more than chespins evo (even know it is just a chespin with a pignite body) and fennnekin's evolution is way better and look at this pokemon closy and carfully

im staying with chespin for y and fennekin for x and if i get another y it has to be y i will start with froakie but otherwise i get another x i will choose chespin

#8 505pokemaster, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  9. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

505pokemaster, please don't double post. I've merged your posts together this time, but please read the rules.

Anyway, Gerogashira is probably my favourite of the three middle stages, which is ironic because although I liked Froakie, it was my least favourite of the Gen VI Starters xD The streamline design and smug face work very nicely and the design is promising overall.

ach2140 likes this.
  10. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

And here we have the only Kalos Midstage that doesn't look like utter shit.
    REALLY appreciating the streamlined tree-frog sort of look - although I kind of wish that the name length expansion was enough for me to name one DiscoNinjaFrog. XD My hopes are kind of riding on this one (although that said, I do want to train a Clauncher so I dunno if I'll end up using it much after all...)

11. Probably everyone's favorite mid stage evolution, including myself of course. He looks like he will specialize in attack, if not speed, and I think he could become part Dark, Fighting, or Flying if those "bubbles" are actually clouds like I think they are. Or it could just remain water, you never know. I do wonder what its evolution could be or what its line is based on, other than the obvious tree frog. Like... I feel like its based on something mythological... but I don't know what.

Ariados twice likes this.
  12. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

They are officially bubbles. The species is literally named the Bubble Frog Pokémon, the anime showed Froakie launching bubbles from its clusters of bubbles as an attack... Yeah. No dice on the clouds matter.

The evolution line seems to be suggesting a thief/rogue sort of design, possibly with a hint of Ninja - So I really wouldn't be surprised if the final form pulls off a reference to Jiraiya Gōketsu Monogatari and its eponymous hero, Jiraiya (for obvious Frog/Toad ninja reasons).

13. All I want for froakie's final evo is a boss SpecialAttacking NinjaFrog. Just think, STAB Surf to get around, and STAB Aura Sphere.:love:

14. Well, this one looks awesome, though it might be mostly because of the official art's facial expression, with that "don't worry, I got this" look. It may even change my mind from starting with Fennekin, but I guess it will ultimately come down to what the final evolutions look like (which has me wondering what could possibly be cooler than this, but hey, with Mega Charizard, they took something awesome and made it even better, same thing with Scyther when Scizor was introduced, so who knows?)

15. he looks awesome! hope he evolves into some sick looking ninja frog.(like charmeleon and scyther, awesome and then turn into something even more awesome)

16. I hope froakie's last evolution also learns aura sphere

17. I still remember when my Frogadier was a froakie. :) good times

18. Seems like puffy neck things are a theme in Kalos.

19. Hmmm, I'm gonna that this Pokemon looks so cool, that this thing needs a girlfriend. And that would be braixen. Why? Because of her sexy legs duh!

20. Why did I even said that!;_;:'|