• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#653 - Fennekin

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
653-0.png

#653 - Fennekin
[type=fire][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Fokko
Classification: Fox Pokémon
Height: 0.4m / 1'04"
Weight: 9.4kg / 20.7 lbs
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Magician

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Fennekin was revealed along with the other two starters, Chespin and Froakie, and two Legendary Pokémon, Xerneas and Yveltal, on the 8th of January, 2013 during a Pokémon Direct broadcast announcing the Gen VI games.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, "searing heat blows from the ears of the Fire-type Pokémon Fennekin. This Pokémon loves to snack on twigs. Fennekin can be temperamental, but it tries to do its best for its Trainer."

20454_pokedex.png

X: Eating a twig fills it with energy, and its roomy ears give vent to air hotter than 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Y: As it walks, it munches on a twig in place of a snack. It intimidates opponents by puffing hot air out of its ears.

20453_locations.png

Fennekin is one of the Kalos regions three starter Pokémon.

20455_evolution.png

20497_653-655.png

Fennekin evolves into Braixen at level 16

20462_levelup.png

--- Scratch
--- Tail Whip
Lv. 5 - Ember
Lv. 11 - Howl
Lv. 14 - Flame Charge
Lv. 17 - Psybeam
Lv. 20 - Fire Spin
Lv. 25 - Lucky Chant
Lv. 27 - Light Screen
Lv. 31 - Psyshock
Lv. 35 - Flamethrower
Lv. 38 - Will-O-Wisp
Lv. 41 - Psychic
Lv. 43 - Sunny Day
Lv. 46 - Magic Room
Lv. 48 - Fire Blast

20469_artwork.png

fennekin_-_x_and_y 800x.png
20470_screenshots.png

fennekin_feunnec_fynx_1.png
fennekin_feunnec_fynx_2.png
may_p5_8.png
may_p5_17.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's going to be alot of people choosing Fennekin..
But how much, the world may never know; I never chose Tepig..

But this time once the games come out,
I'll go back to choosing Fire types..
but first; I'll just wait until all of the evos come out.

Fennekin has a surprisingly small move set, even compared to the other starters. That, along with general fire-type weaknesses, makes me disinclined to choose it as my starter. Also, given the aforementioned reasons, I'm not sure why so many people are keen on this pokemon, it seems to be one that would require a lot of planning in order to be successful in battle.

Has anyone else thought it was weird that there's "searing heat" coming from Fennekin's EARS? Its ears?! What on earth could cause something (even a pokemon) to have such heat coming out of its ears? Slightly concerned for this pokemon's sake.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
TornadicTrainer96 said:
Fennekin has a surprisingly small move set, even compared to the other starters. That, along with general fire-type weaknesses, makes me disinclined to choose it as my starter. Also, given the aforementioned reasons, I'm not sure why so many people are keen on this pokemon, it seems to be one that would require a lot of planning in order to be successful in battle.

Has anyone else thought it was weird that there's "searing heat" coming from Fennekin's EARS? Its ears?! What on earth could cause something (even a pokemon) to have such heat coming out of its ears? Slightly concerned for this pokemon's sake.

In fairness we can't say it has a small move set when we have no idea at this point what its full list of moves will be, we've just been collecting up everything we know this far. While I really adore Fennekin as a cute design, I think I'll pass on it regardless now because we've been introduced to other fire types I want to train more.

Also, consider that the Johto fire starter had fire coming from its back? I don't find heat coming from its ears all that odd. xD

I always choose Aquatic starters (exept chikorita) my choise is Froakie, but Fennekin is cute and its evo is AWESOME!!! But still I pick Froakie...

I'm not one to choose Fire types, and it's gonan stay like that. In my years of playing Pokemon, I've only ever picked one fire-type started, Cyndaquil. I'm drifting towards Chespin in the Kalos region

Well Tepig had smoke coming out of it's nose. That's also strange. Charmander and Chimchar all had fires on there tails. also weird. However i think the most sensible one is Cyndaquil, He had fire coming out of holes in it's back (and could do it at will)

Psychic CONFIRMED as of dual type moves glow punch will be Psychic / Fighting and psybeam is in its move set soooo....

Psychic CONFIRMED as of dual type moves glow punch will be Psychic / Fighting and psybeam is in its move set soooo....

Not necessarily. For example, Venonat can learn 4 Psychic Type moves and 4 Normal Type Moves, but its types are Bug and Poison, for which it only learns 2 moves of each. This is just one example, and there is probably a better one out there, but this is the only one I could think of at the moment.

I always choose Aquatic starters (exept chikorita) my choise is Froakie, but Fennekin is cute and its evo is AWESOME!!! But still I pick Froakie...
After you beat the game you can trade pokemon with your rival shauna and she will give you the starter that is not very effective against your starter pokemon.If you choose froakie she will give you fennekin.Also you can trade her any pokemon.

Its soooo cute!*Sees its evo*I MUST HAVE A BRAIXEN PLUSHIE!!!*Sees its second evo*ITS A FREAKIN FIRE FOX MAGE I MUST HAVE IT IT!!!
That is why im team Fennekin! :p <.>

View attachment 14401
#653 - Fennekin
[type=fire][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Fokko
Classification: Fox Pokémon
Height: 0.4m / 1'04"
Weight: 9.4kg / 20.7 lbs
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Magician

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Fennekin was revealed along with the other two starters, Chespin and Froakie, and two Legendary Pokémon, Xerneas and Yveltal, on the 8th of January, 2013 during a Pokémon Direct broadcast announcing the Gen VI games.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, "searing heat blows from the ears of the Fire-type Pokémon Fennekin. This Pokémon loves to snack on twigs. Fennekin can be temperamental, but it tries to do its best for its Trainer."

20454_pokedex.png

X: Eating a twig fills it with energy, and its roomy ears give vent to air hotter than 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Y: As it walks, it munches on a twig in place of a snack. It intimidates opponents by puffing hot air out of its ears.

20453_locations.png

Fennekin is one of the Kalos regions three starter Pokémon.

20455_evolution.png

20497_653-655.png

Fennekin evolves into Braixen at level 16

20462_levelup.png

--- Scratch
--- Tail Whip
Lv. 5 - Ember
Lv. 11 - Howl
Lv. 14 - Flame Charge
Lv. 17 - Psybeam
Lv. 20 - Fire Spin
Lv. 25 - Lucky Chant
Lv. 27 - Light Screen
Lv. 31 - Psyshock
Lv. 35 - Flamethrower
Lv. 38 - Will-O-Wisp
Lv. 41 - Psychic
Lv. 43 - Sunny Day
Lv. 46 - Magic Room
Lv. 48 - Fire Blast

20469_artwork.png

20470_screenshots.png

fennekin_feunnec_fynx_1.png
fennekin_feunnec_fynx_2.png
may_p5_8.png
may_p5_17.png
LOVE FENNEKIN!!♥

Fennekin! so cute! my most favorite starter of all. Love foxes! love fennec foxes so much, so when I saw it I instantly knew I was going to choose it. Wish the hidden ability was different (would loved Flash Fire instead of Magician)