• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed 50's Pokemon Journey Discussion

I mean even more recent, as in Future Renz is dealing with some bad guys who have Captured an ally, and so he had to put all but one of his Pokémon in their care while he and the other allies have to do a challenge to rescue him.

I mean, another person joined about 15 posts ago, so you should be fine. We are at the gym in Sunnyshore City, Sinnoh. Maybe you went there because you forgot something?

Name: Jimmy
Appearance: He has short black hair and brown eyes. He is always wearing a sort of rock climbing gear and hiking boots.
Personality: Very kind though he can be very hard on those he feels can do better then what they do.
Pokemon: Geodude and Suedowoodo
Other Info: He is a rock type gym leader.

Oops. I just liked the name. I forgot that he was a gym leader before. The other gym leader we can come up with as we go that way know what level our pokemon are at to be able to challenge the gym. I will be changing his name.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Man I am so lost with what you guys are talking about lol, but hey here's the crush character!

Name: Glenn Mathews
Appearance: Glenn is tall with a thin but healthy build. His dark brown hair is styled a classic quiff, framing his features and ice blue eyes perfectly. He wears a simple black t-shirt tucked into his dark blue jeans and taupe suede shoes. He always wears a well worn faded jean jacket.
Personality: He's very calm, polite and acts like a true gentleman, despite his rough appearance. He always seems to know the right things to say. He gives off the feeling you can trust him with anything.
Pokemon: Pancham (again still working on the team so this might change later)
Other Info:
- he goes off on his own a lot, never really letting anyone know what he's up to, but then somehow always manages to show up at just the right time to help the others out

trainercard-Sarah (2).png

This is what I am thinking of. What do you guys think of this team. I know it is likely to change but I kind of want some ideas.

Ok so I just looked it up in 1925 the modern pokeball was created, so it is quite possible that they had a portable pokeball storage device with them. We could make them be something that is bought by the trainers or we can say they kind of like the pokedex is now and was given to trainers to start their journey.

Eh, I was thinking that the compter system would be a bit advanced for that time period. Maybe they have transport devices and small reserves for housing Pokemon all over the place. When you have six, the Pokeball does to one of the reserves.

That is more what I was thinking with the Lets go pikachu and eevee. In the game instead of the pokemon bax they had a pokemon storage device that was kept with them in there bags. That is what I was refering to. Our characters won't be getting a pokedex because professor Oak has not invented them yet. But seeing as this is set 25 years after the modern pokeball was made then it is very likely that had these sort of devices even if they where just a case that stored the extra pokeballs that they where not using.

Hmmm, like a locked box in their bag. Something that would take a small while to open and take out, but is necessary for any trainer. Every trainer gets their own key that opens their box, no one else's. It would take t long in the middle of a battle, but an easy trade out.

That's a cool idea. I was thinking more like the locked box of what Playful is describing. We can go either way I don't care whichever is fine as long as the group desides on one or the other. Maybe the reserve only holds a certain number of pokemon and anything over that has to be brought from the pokemon lap that will be where modern day Pallet town is.

Though I will say this is your character wants to have a pokemon that stays outside of their pokeball to travel with you then I think it is ok to have them with you but not in the team. I am thinking of smaller pokemon that like to climb their trainers like Eevee, vulpix, and pikachu. Or pokemon they hatch from eggs as well. Like how Misty had togepi that she carried everywhere something like that.

I like the idea of sending it to your parents though it will probably depend on where they live if they are able to store pokemon where they are, or we can do that the pokemon centers have a built in system for that where they go to pokemon breeders who will care for them until you send for them and wait for them at that center.