• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

4vs4 Rotation Battles Tournament (May 21st)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rotation-Battle-Tourney-Logo.png

4 vs. 4 Rotation Battles Tournament

May 21st at 7 PM BST/6 PM GMT/2 PM Eastern in the #pokecharmsWFC chat

How to join
We've decided to have 8 battlers max for this tourney. We're keeping it first come, first serve, so the first 8 battlers to show on the day of the tournament will get to take part.

The Rules
- We'll be using the Flat Rules for this tournament. Summed up: Your Pokemon must be level 50 or higher, uber legendaries and event legendaries are banned, and the Species/Item clauses are in effect.
- If we get 8 people on the day of the tournament, we'll have a single Elimination bracket tournament. If we receive less than 8, we'll do Round Robin again.
- You may compete with 4 to 6 Pokemon, but only 4 may be used per battle. Before anyone asks, yes, this will be our typical EV trained, competitive-style tournament.
- You may battle with Pokemon from any generation. There's no Gen V restriction.
- Hacked Pokemon, those bred via hacked Pokemon, or those obtained via the RNG method are banned from use. Please don't use them.
- All Friend Codes will be exchanged at the beginning of the tournament.

- Additional clauses:
* No Evasion Boosting: The use of moves that increase evasion (Acupressure, Double Team and Minimize) is prohibited. Using moves that lower accuracy does not violate this clause. The use of Snow Cloak, Sand Veil and BrightPowder also does not violate this clause. The use of the ability Moody however DOES violate this clause.
* No OHKO Attacks: The use of attacks that deal a OHKO (Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine) is prohibited. Perish Song is excluded from this clause due to the way it works.
* Sleep Clause: You may not put more than one pokemon to sleep on your opponent's side of the field at a time. A pokemon put to sleep by the move Rest or the ability Effect spore do not count. Additionally, all pokemon with the ability Natural Cure must be identified as having this ability as soon as they are put to sleep.
* Fair Play Clause: If a player uses Explosion, Self Destruct, Perish Song or Destiny Bond to cause a draw, the user of the respective move loses.
* Soul Dew Clause: The item Soul Dew is banned from use.

- Additional banned Pokemon:
* Wobbuffet
* Wynaut

Scroll down for information on the prizes, or click here. See you at the tournament (today)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Re: Mini Tournament: 4vs4 Rotation Battles (Late May)

Well, bugger. I was hoping this wouldn't be until June at the earliest.

Can't do it, I'm afraid. Just don't have the time to make a team. Plus, the 21st is likely to be the day I celebrate my birthday this year (whatever that entails this time), so I probably wouldn't be available that day anyway.

Oh well. :/

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Nick Fury said:
Well, bugger. I was hoping this wouldn't be until June at the earliest.

Can't do it, I'm afraid. Just don't have the time to make a team. Plus, the 21st is likely to be the day I celebrate my birthday this year (whatever that entails this time), so I probably wouldn't be available that day anyway.

Oh well. :/

Let me know if you end up having plans like last year for your birthday this year. If so, we could officially move the date back to the 28th.

Also, you could technically use some of your Gen IV Pokemon if you didn't want to train new stuff quite yet. Since the league is VGC11, I see no reason to enforce Gen V-only for this one as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Slight bump. I vaguely mentioned this in my reply to Alex, but wanted to make it official: you CAN use Pokemon from any generation in this upcoming tournament. So if you don't have time to train 4-6 new Gen V Pokemon, that's cool. Just transfer over some of your Gen IV competitive Pokemon.

If you only have a single DS and would like to transfer some Pokemon, drop by the #pokecharmsWFC chat next weekend/the following weekend during the meet time and myself or someone else should be able to assist. I'm personally happy to PokeTransfer Pokemon for anyone who asks nicely. ;)

D

Darkspyro97

Linkachu said:
I currently have no prizes planned for the winner(s), but if anyone would like to offer something up contact me via PM or post your offers in this thread.

I'll be giving out zoruas to all the participants of the tournament if it's ok with you Linkachu

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Darkspyro97 said:
Linkachu said:
I currently have no prizes planned for the winner(s), but if anyone would like to offer something up contact me via PM or post your offers in this thread.

I'll be giving out zoruas to all the participants of the tournament if it's ok with you Linkachu

Perfectly fine by me.

After thinking about it, I'm going to offer a few prizes of my own. Note that this doesn't limit anyone else from offering prizes too.

The top 3 battlers may choose between various item prizes (three items for 1st place, two items for 2nd place, and one item for third place), all coming directly from me. I'll share my full list on the day of the tournament, but this includes a large assortment of the Super Effective damage down berries.

Additionally, the top winner may receive a customized (bred and hatched, non-legendary) Pokemon. This will include their choice of gender, ability, nature, one egg move, and at least one 31 IV in a stat of their choice. Please note that this prize does not include Dream World Pokemon.

* You must stick around after the tournament to receive your item prize(s) if you place within the top 3.
* The Pokemon prize will be available the following weekend after the tournament.
* All prizes are completely optional.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Mini Tournament: 4vs4 Rotation Battles (May 21st)

Bumpity bump.

The tournament is tomorrow. It's been pretty damn quiet around here lately, so hoping to see some of you regulars there. Should be fun. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Linkachu's prize offers

Alrighty. As mentioned above, I'm offering some item prizes to the top three winners of today's tournament. Assuming you haven't yet hacked any items or don't like using hacked items, or haven't done much on the Dream World, some of these may interest you.

Top Winner may pick up to 3 items
Runner-up may pick up to 2 items
Second runner-up may pick 1 item

Winner picks first, then runner-up, then second runner-up. Some of these items I have multiples, some I do not. You may only request one per item.

Berries
Occa (Weakens a super-effective Fire attack)
Passho (Weakens a super-effective Water attack)
Wacan (Weakens a super-effective Electric attack)
Rindo (Weakens a super-effective Grass attack)
Yache (Weakens a super-effective Ice attack)
Chople (Weakens a super-effective Fighting attack)
Kebia (Weakens a super-effective Poison attack)
Shuca (Weakens a super-effective Ground attack)
Coba (Weakens a super-effective Flying attack)
Payapa (Weakens a super-effective Psychic attack)
Tanga (Weakens a super-effective Bug attack)
Charti (Weakens a super-effective Rock attack)
Kasib (Weakens a super-effective Ghost attack)
Haban (Weakens a super-effective Dragon attack)
Colbur (Weakens a super-effective Dark attack)
Babiri (Weakens a super-effective Steel attack)
Chilin (Weakens a Normal-type attack)

Held-Items/Evolution Items
DeepSeaScale
Dragon Scale
Electirizer
Lucky Punch
Metal Coat
Protector
Reaper Cloth
Steel Gem
Thick Club

Additionally, the top winner may receive a customized (bred and hatched, non-legendary) Pokemon. This will include their choice of gender, ability, nature, one egg move, and at least one 31 IV in a stat of their choice. Please note that this prize does not include Dream World Pokemon.

I'll repeat this because it's important:

* You must stick around after the tournament to receive your item prize(s) if you place within the top 3.
* The Pokemon prize will be available the following weekend after the tournament.
* All prizes are completely optional.