• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Kangaskhan

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
115Kangaskhan_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Kangaskhan
[type=normal][/type]​

30328_20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaGarura
Height: 7' 03"
Weight: 220.5 lbs
Classification: Parent Pokémon

30326_20471_abilities.png

Ability: Parental Bond

30327_20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Kangaskhan was revealed by Junichi Masuda at the 2013 VGC World Championships Opening Ceremony.
Additional Info: In order to protect its mother, the child will boldly challenge Pokémon many times its size!

30331_20483_stats.png

Mega Kangaskhan's most notable stat boost is to its Attack, but it also receives boosts in Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed stats.

HP: 105
Attack: 125
Defense: 100
Sp. Attack: 60
Sp. Defense: 100
Speed: 100

20479_locations.png

Mega Stone
:
Kangaskhanite
X/Y:
Glittering Cave, post-game.
OR/AS: Pacifidlog Town (Following Primal Kyogre/Groudon narrative).

30332_20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Kangaskhan.

20472_artwork.png

MegaKangaskhan-X-and-Y.png
30329_20482_screenshots.png

oct_p15_02.jpg
oct_p15_01.jpg

oct_p15_03---Copy.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
^ Now my current favourite Mega Pokemon. I've always had a soft spot for Kangaskhan, going back to when I hunted one in the original Safari Zone for three days straight and used it in my team thereafter. I might have to train one again as part of my team in Y assuming Kangaskhan is available through regular gameplay.

Oh my gosh I love this so much. Baby Kangaskhan has always been one of the best things ever and now I can actually use it. #Bring your daughter to work day

i don't know why i did a hashtag i don't even use twitter i know i am a douche for using it

This one seems kinda weird... I mean, it's just her baby coming out to fight, too? Doesn't seem enough to be a Mega-Evolution. Maybe it's just because they didn't change the design like they did for the other Mega-Pokemon. ~:?~

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
technoid27 said:
This one seems kinda weird... I mean, it's just her baby coming out to fight, too? Doesn't seem enough to be a Mega-Evolution. Maybe it's just because they didn't change the design like they did for the other Mega-Pokemon. ~:?~

I kinda like the fact they didn't change its design, it's proving that they can do a lot more with the idea of the Mega-Pokémon than just change the designs and such like. ^^

With the ability they've given it this Pokémon could be a killer, but when it comes down to it I suspect that the second time the move hits the damage will be cut down by quite a bit to stop it being overkill.

Demelza said:
I kinda like the fact they didn't change its design, it's proving that they can do a lot more with the idea of the Mega-Pokémon than just change the designs and such like. ^^

With the ability they've given it this Pokémon could be a killer, but when it comes down to it I suspect that the second time the move hits the damage will be cut down by quite a bit to stop it being overkill.
Yeah, I suppose so. But, this would mostly only apply to Kangaskhan because its the only Pokemon that is multiple separate beings (with the exception of Dugtrio and Eggexcute).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The design of the parent Kangaskhan doesn't change - but the baby does (it basically develops a bit more). The point of this one is that it's the baby that 'Mega Evolves', not the parent.

I like the idea of mega "baby Kangaskhan" goes out when Kangaskhan mega-evolves but I would like if you could find a baby Kangaskhan in the wild and evolve it to a Kankaskhan.. Like a Kangaskhan Jr.!!!!!:D

I've honestly surprised that they went on this route. I kept waiting for "Baby Kanga" to be made an official Pokemon of its own, and a pre-evolution for Kangaskhan. Instead, it's the focus of the Mega Evolution. I really like this idea. It has a great Ability, and shows that Mega Pokemon can shine without changing the design! Baby Kanga finally gets in on the action! :arr:

I find it a little odd, because the pouch on Kanga-Jr. further proves that all Kangaskhan are female with no male counterpart. I would like a Kangasking or something

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
To be fair, fully-female species that reproduce solely by parthenogenesis exist on this planet as well - there's no reason there wouldn't be a Pokémon species or three that function in that manner.

Now, fully MALE species, that's a whole different kettle of fish. <<;

After doing a good amount of research, I concur. Still, I have waited since gen 2 for an evolution or alternate form for Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd. -.- While I'm happy some of our Kanto Pokemon are being revamped as Mega Pokemon, I want evolutions and babies. :3

Putting incest aside, (ew) judging by the pouch on the baby, I would say it's probably another female. And wow, after looking at Parental Bond, I could see this breaking competitive play pretty quickly.
EDIT: Although, in the Pokemon world incest is ridiculously commonplace so it could make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't like something, explain why. Otherwise it's just needless flaming and spam.
i think its very stupid

Well, there go all the cuebone theories. Thanks, Nintendo! ...no, seriously, not only is this cute as hell, but GODDAMN THAT ATTACK BOOST. Kangaskahn, I apologize for using you as an HM slave.

I just love this one. I think it's my favorite mega! :D But there should be baby pokemon you can catch :D Too bad i dont have a 3ds or a 2ds...