• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Ampharos

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
181Ampharos_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Ampharos
[type=electric][/type]/[type=dragon][/type]
20477_info.png

Japanese Name:
MegaDenryu
Height: 1.4m / 4' 07''
Weight: 61.5kg / 135.6 lbs.
Classification: Light Pokemon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Mold Breaker

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Ampharos was revealed in the 2013 August edition of CoroCoro, along with several other Mega Pokemon: Mega Absol, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario and Mega Mawile.
Additional Info: Ampharos gains the Dragon Type upon Mega Evolving. The red orbs on its body and fur emit a strong light when Mega Ampharos increases the amount of electrical energy within itself.

20483_stats.png

Mega Ampharos's most notable stat boost is to its Sp. Attack but it also receives boosts to its Attack, Defense, and Sp. Defense stats. Its Speed stat has a slight decrease.

HP: 90
Attack: 95
Defense: 105
Sp. Attack: 165
Sp. Defense: 110
Speed: 45

20479_locations.png

58286_Dream_Ampharosite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Ampharosite.
X/Y: Azure Bay (Given by an NPC).
OR/AS: New Mauville (Following Primal Kyogre/Groudon narrative).

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Ampharos.

20472_artwork.png

mega_ampharos_-_pokemon_x_a.png

20482_screenshots.png

mega_ampharos_screenshot_2.png
mega_ampharos_screenshot_1.png
mega_ampharos_screenshot_3.png
mega_ampharos_screenshot_4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Magpie said:
Mega Ampharos seems to be getting the short end of the stick as far as fan-reaction goes but I honestly rather like the design. All that floofy goodness! :D
Why would Amphy be received so badly? The way I see it, Amphy + Mane = DAT AMPH. Besides, it isn't like their gonna' go through a super-drastic change in design with Mega-Evolutions.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
technoid27 said:
Magpie said:
Mega Ampharos seems to be getting the short end of the stick as far as fan-reaction goes but I honestly rather like the design. All that floofy goodness! :D
Why would Amphy be received so badly? The way I see it, Amphy + Mane = DAT AMPH. Besides, it isn't like their gonna' go through a super-drastic change in design with Mega-Evolutions.
No idea, I like Mega Ampharos :p And I wouldn't say it has been received badly, Mega Ampharos has just been the butt of many a hair product-related joke xD

Magpie said:
No idea, I like Mega Ampharos :p And I wouldn't say it has been received badly, Mega Ampharos has just been the butt of many a hair product-related joke xD

I always thought of Amphy as kind of an "un-official starter". Dunno why, I just like its design, but I felt it was missing something... but now that it has hair, that hole has been filled! This fabulous mane is totally worth any L'oreal joke.

Yes, yes, yes! Ampharos has always been a favorite of mine, and with the Dual Dragon-Type(My dream type combo, and one of the reasons why Zekrom is my favorite Pokemon) has guranteed that Mareep will once again find a slot in my party!

In my opinion, Mega Ampharos is really stylish. But Mega Ampharos is the 2nd slowest mega evolution and Mega Abomasnow is the slowest of them all.

mega_ampharos_-_pokemon_x_a.png

Japanese Name: MegaDenryu

Height: 1.4m / 4' 07''

Weight: 61.5kg / 135.6 lbs.

Type: [type=electric][/type]/[type=dragon][/type]

Classification: Light Pokemon

Ability: Mold Breaker

Revealed: Mega Ampharos was revealed in the 2013 August edition of CoroCoro, along with several other Mega Pokemon: Mega Absol, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario and Mega Mawile.

Additional Info: Ampharos gains the Dragon Type upon Mega Evolving. The red orbs on its body and fur emit a strong light when Mega Ampharos increases the amount of electrical energy within itself.

Evolutions: Mega-Evolves from Ampharos

Mega Stone: Ampharosite

Moves: ???

Screenshots
mega_ampharos_screenshot_2.png
mega_ampharos_screenshot_1.png
mega_ampharos_screenshot_3.png
mega_ampharos_screenshot_4.png
it looks like fabio

Last edited by a moderator:
Ampharos now looks like Zeus to me with it's white silky locks that flow in the wind, and I don't know if I like it or not.

Ampharos- AKA The only Mega evolution that I actually like.

Something about that flowing white mane makes me feel that this is Ampharos' TRUE form, that this is how Ampharos really looks when he/she reaches his/her maximum potential, and that's what I believe a mega evolution should do. Unfortunately, the others don't do it for me (Banette's is good though). Most of them just look like overly detailed copies of the original Pokémon with spikes sticking out everywhere (Just take a look at Garchomp's. Gives me another reason to hate him). Despite Ampharos' Mega evo, it's just not worth all the mega evos that I don't like.

Ampharos is like the new mega at the moment i use it all da time :3 so does my friends and pretty much everyone....BTW DAT HAIR THOUGH...AWESOME

I cannot see what part of it looks like a dragon. at all. It's a really good Pokemon with really good design but what part of it is a dragon? Seriously-_- game freak stop giving unnesscesary typing to Pokemon.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ampharos' Japanese name is Denryuu, which can mean either 'electric current' or 'electric dragon'. It's always had the dragon edge to it, and now it FINALLY has the actual type as well.

'Dragons' are rather ambiguous anyway. There are a lot of creatures out there referred to as dragons that don't fit the stereotypical mold. It's nice to see the typing on a non-legendary, and it does wonders for the creature. "Unnecessary" typing, my arse.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Amphy has always been one of my favorite final evolution electric types, and this design is definitely my favorite as well out of the Megas. Also, its slow speed has been AMAZING since it can take a hit from the opponent and volt switch to an ally, who comes in fresh and unharmed. Also, that special attack... just, yeah. <333

I'm really loving Mega Amphy~

I just realized that mega amphy here is unusually slow. Yes I just realized that. I'm dumb. With a lupus hair comes a cost I guess.

Me love ampharos and i love dragon types so now that it mega evolves into a dragon type i like it even more! To me favorite pokemon + dragon type = FABULOUS. Me like this. Me like this a lot! plus it got a dynamic mane and tail which makes thing dramatic and Me Like Dramatic. i also agree with stellar wind that a lot of pokemon should be dragon types but aren't.