• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Blaziken

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
257Blaziken_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Blaziken
[type=fire][/type]/[type=fighting][/type]​

20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaBursyamo
Height: 1.9m / 6' 03''
Weight: 52.0kg / 114.6 lbs.
Classification: Blaze Pokemon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Speed Boost

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: MegaBlaziken was revealed in the 2013 August edition of CoroCoro, along with several other Mega Pokemon: Mega Absol, Mega Mawile, Mega Lucario and Mega Ampharos.

20483_stats.png

Mega Blaziken's most notable stat boost is its Attack stat but it also receives boosts in Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed.

HP: 80
Attack: 160
Defense: 80
Sp. Attack: 130
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 100

20479_locations.png

Mega Stone
:
Blazikenite.
X/Y: Held by a special event Torchic distributed from October 12th 2013 to January 15th 2014 via Mystery Gift.
OR/AS: Route 120 (if Torchic chosen as Starter) or purchased from Stone Salesman on Route 114 (if Torchic not chosen as Starter).

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Blaziken
Mega Stone: Blazikenite

20472_artwork.png

Mega_Blaziken_official_art_300dpi-500.png Mega_Blaziken_official_illu.png
20482_screenshots.png

mega_blaziken_screenshot_1_.png
mega_blaziken_screenshot_3_.png
mega_blaziken_screenshot_2_.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: #??? - Mega Blaziken

I really like what they did with Mega Blaziken's design (the dual arm flames look nifty) but, gotta be honest, seeing it just makes me want a Mega Charizard. ;_;

I know it's already widely assumed that every final starter form will receive a Mega Evolution but I'm still crossing my fingers that such happens.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Linkachu said:
I really like what they did with Mega Blaziken's design (the dual arm flames look nifty) but, gotta be honest, seeing it just makes me want a Mega Charizard. ;_;

I know it's already widely assumed that every final starter form will receive a Mega Evolution but I'm still crossing my fingers that such happens.
I want Mega Sceptile. Although if they don't make its Mega Evolution Grass/Dragon I'd be disappointed.

I've never been a fan of Blaziken, but Mega Blaziken looks pretty darn awesome! I'd be very, very surprised if all the starters didn't get Mega Evolutions... but you never know xD

If they don't make a Mega Charizard that's Fire/Dragon, there is something seriously wrong with the world.

How is this gonna affect competetive? Are these guys going to be banned? 'Cos Pokemon like Lucario and Blaziken already have really high stats.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Luckii said:
How is this gonna affect competetive? Are these guys going to be banned? 'Cos Pokemon like Lucario and Blaziken already have really high stats.

Depends really. It does seem like they're trying to balance them so that they can work competitively, I mean the fact they have to be holding a mega stone already means that we can't put any items on them which already gives us an edge, it certainly means we don't have to worry about Focus Sash Lucario and such. It also depends just how much they up the stats, it might not make all that much of a difference.

We'll have to see what happens as they reveal more really, I could see the things being banned in certain rulesets, but considering one of the Mega Pokémon was revealed at the Video and Trading Card Game World championships I suspect they're trying to make sure we can use them competitively, in their official rules if nothing else.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Demelza said:
Luckii said:

Depends really. It does seem like they're trying to balance them so that they can work competitively, I mean the fact they have to be holding a mega stone already means that we can't put any items on them which already gives us an edge, it certainly means we don't have to worry about Focus Sash Lucario and such. It also depends just how much they up the stats, it might not make all that much of a difference.

We'll have to see what happens as they reveal more really, I could see the things being banned in certain rulesets, but considering one of the Mega Pokémon was revealed at the Video and Trading Card Game World championships I suspect they're trying to make sure we can use them competitively, in their official rules if nothing else.

Agreeing with everything Dem's said and adding to that, it seems that we can only have one Mega Pokemon on our teams at a time. That alone will help regulate their competitive usage. It'll also help promote team diversity a bit which is always cool with me. ^^

Linkachu said:
Demelza said:
Luckii said:

Agreeing with everything Dem's said and adding to that, it seems that we can only have one Mega Pokemon on our teams at a time. That alone will help regulate their competitive usage. It'll also help promote team diversity a bit which is always cool with me. ^^

Even with all these restrictions, I can only envisage them being Uber tier. Speed Boost Blaziken was Uber to begin with. Add more stat boosts into the equation, and you have yourself a bona-fide wrecking ball of a Pokemon.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Luckii said:
Linkachu said:
Demelza said:

Even with all these restrictions, I can only envisage them being Uber tier. Speed Boost Blaziken was Uber to begin with. Add more stat boosts into the equation, and you have yourself a bona-fide wrecking ball of a Pokemon.

See, I don't disagree that places like Smogon will be placing the things into Ubers, but when I think of competitive these days I'm mostly thinking of the official rulesets that we use for the Video Game Championships, which have never banned Speed Boost Blaziken, we've just never really had the chance to obtain one.

Demelza said:
See, I don't disagree that places like Smogon will be placing the things into Ubers, but when I think of competitive these days I'm mostly thinking of the official rulesets that we use for the Video Game Championships, which have never banned Speed Boost Blaziken, we've just never really had the chance to obtain one.

Yeah, regular Blaziken. This new one is probably going to be faster and have beefed-up stats on both the attacking fronts. After one or two turns it will murder everything. Surely they will recognise how broken this thing is, and ban it?

I want Mega Sceptile. Although if they don't make its Mega Evolution Grass/Dragon I'd be disappointed.

I've never been a fan of Blaziken, but Mega Blaziken looks pretty darn awesome! I'd be very, very surprised if all the starters didn't get Mega Evolutions... but you never know xD

Oh yes. There better be Mega Sceptile. I'm already imagining how that would look!

As for Mega Blaziken, I rather like the design, except for the head. Something about the "wings" on the sides of Mega Blaziken's head bother me. I think I would've preferred the old head design, but whatever.

Also, even higher Attack? O_O

Blaziken is already like a GOD:angel:! MegaBlaziken will be like THE GOD OF GODS! I love Blaziken so much its my avatar! But still, they made mega kanto starters, they should make mega johto , hoenn(excluding Blaziken)sinnoh, and unova mega evolutions. Otherwise, that's just SAD!>=O

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
They most likely will. They aren't going to boost just one or two sets of starters while ignoring the others. That'd be silly.

Nice of them to give people a way to access speed-boosting chickens at last.

Since I probably won't get this game at the premiere date, I find it very nice that this Torchic distribution lasts until January 11th. I think it's a good idea that they end this right after Christmas, giving people plenty of time to get a 3DS/ Poke X and Y/ both. I'll definitely have Pokemon Y by Christmas! :D

When I first saw this I really didn't know what to think, but now that I've warmed up to it a little more I really do LOVE the design. Also, I'm gonna name it Jackie Chan!!!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There may yet be one. There are probably a whole lot of Pokémon that have mega stones that are otherwise unobtainable and will be distributed through events, or in future games. Who knows WHAT they're planning, honestly.

There may yet be one. There are probably a whole lot of Pokémon that have mega stones that are otherwise unobtainable and will be distributed through events, or in future games. Who knows WHAT they're planning, honestly.
Really, but hopefully not by event, as it is not every day that we have money to go to an event right.

I have pokemon X but haven't obtained the torchic so I will never get a mega blacken which is unfortunate because it is my most favourite mega!

Mega Blaziken... I want you now in OR and AS. Mmm, you speedy fire karate chicken. It would be a nightmare to Steven. Plus, I found the absolute perfect name for him: Liu Kang the Blaziken. Your argument is invalid.