• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Absol

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
359Absol_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Absol
[type=dark][/type]
20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaAbsol
Height: 1.2m / 3' 11''
Weight: 49.0kg / 108.0 lbs.
Classification: Disaster Pokemon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Magic Bounce

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Absol was revealed in the 2013 August edition of CoroCoro, along with several other Mega Pokemon: Mega Lucario, Mega Blaziken, Mega Mawile and Mega Ampharos.
Additional Info: The increased energy that courses through Absol's body upon Mega Evolving makes its fur stand on end, giving it the appearance of wings.

20483_stats.png

Mega Absol has hefty increases in its Special Attack and Speed stats, as well as a boost to its Attack stat.

HP: 65
Attack: 150
Defense: 60
Sp. Attack: 115
Sp. Defense: 60
Speed: 115

62259_20479_locations.png

58282_Dream_Absolite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Absolite.
X/Y: Given to you by Serena/Calem in Kiloude City, post-game.
OR/AS: Safari Zone.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Absol.

20472_artwork.png

mega_absol_-_pokemon_x_and_.png

20482_screenshots.png

mega_absol_screenshot_1_bmp.png
mega_absol_screenshot_3.png
mega_absol_screenshot_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
This amused me just because:

screenshot_04_zps7b333c35.png

Disaster is coming! Anyway, I don't mind Mega Absol's appearance, I do have a weakness for wings. It's just a shame that this Mega Evolution didn't get Dark/Flying, because that'd have been a nice addition to Absol with the Attack and Speed boost.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie said:
This amused me just because:

screenshot_04_zps7b333c35.png

Disaster is coming! Anyway, I don't mind Mega Absol's appearance, I do have a weakness for wings. It's just a shame that this Mega Evolution didn't get Dark/Flying, because that'd have been a nice addition to Absol with the Attack and Speed boost.

That image is ... priceless. XD

And looks like you were thinking the same as me. This design really lends itself to being part Fairy-type, and a Dark/Fairy-type would have been rather nifty, but ah well. I'm somewhat torn on Mega Absol's design because I like bits of it (specifically the feet/claws) but not so much others (emo fringe is a bit too emo, even for Absol ;p). That being said, I've always loved Absol in general so I hope its Mega stat boosts are enough to make it more usable competitively. :3

Wow. Just....amazing. I real like the appearance of Mega Absol better then the regular Absol, with the fur standing up, wings, and jagged tail. I only wish they'd kept the blade on the side of its head the same design, instead of that bulky, wavy one. Other then that, it looks good.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
They aren't actually wings. They only look like wings.

Most Mega Evolutions aren't too heavily changed from the source. I'd say it's intentional. XP

I had always thought Mega Absol had wings, due to it's appearance until one of my friends told me it didn't... Ha ha... oops... :p:'|

Anyways, I love it's design! So cool!

This is my favorite Mega Evolution. The Angel-of-Death appearance earns so many coolness and beauty points. This should make Absol much more usable than Gen 3's use for Absol. There was no good Dark-Type move in Gen 3, so Absol didn't see much use in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Now it does. :p

I love this thing soooo much! :D
I liked Absol before this, but now! I am a huge sucker for wings btw...

Now to decide between my Absol's Rocky Helmet (I love that thing), and the Absolite...T^T so hard.

WHEN I FIRST SAW THE TRAILER AND IT HAD ABSOL AND AMPHAROS I WAS AMAZING I WAS LIKE 'OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME MEGA ABSOL FOR DA WIN!!!!'

Man I always loved girly pokemon( don't say anything) and look at this thing :D it's so good that it can counter even mega gengar. A few minutes of setting up. A sucker punch and it kill everything from magikarp to arceus.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There is nothing 'girly' about Mega Absol aside from the fact it looks like it was designed by a fucking 13-year-old emo kid on dA.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Not really. The stat boost it got is pretty awesome and magic bounce is incredible. I just find the design to be rather lacklustre - the pseudo-wingy tufts, the longer emo fringe... it looks like some n00b's MINE DONUT STEEL fan character.

No, my issue is with people describing creatures as 'girly' as a whole. Human gender stereotypes belong no where near non-human creatures.

SPOILER he's epic and amazing looking. i thought those were wings but then Stellar said they only looked like wings and i looked at them again and they're just hair XD

Anyway, I don't mind Mega Absol's appearance, I do have a weakness for wings. It's just a shame that this Mega Evolution didn't get Dark/Flying, because that'd have been a nice addition to Absol with the Attack and Speed boost.
with the wings....if only he could gain Fly or Bounce, yet he only gets Aerial Ace. :L

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHAT DID THEY DO TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKEMON. He supposed to be the grim reaper (dog version) not an angel. i wish that they had mega evolved him like they did to houndoom. Now that would have been boss. He changed from the dark side of the force to the light side NOOOOOOO ;_;

Hmm…. Never used it, though I must say, its been very well designed. The angelic wings look beautiful (it's a shame they aren’t true wings through :/) and I like the fringe to. I'm gonna have to use it sometime.

I love mega absol due to its original form being my fave pokemon but when it first came out I couldn't get over the fact that it went from dark and mysterious to bright and beautiful.