• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#702 - Dedenne

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
702-0.png

#702 Dedenne
[type=electric][/type]/[type=fairy][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Dedenne
Classification: Antenna Pokemon
Height: 0.2m / 0' 08"
Weight: 2.2kg / 4.9 lbs
Egg Group: Field, Fairy

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Cheek Pouch or Pick Up
Hidden Ability: Plus

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Dedenne was revealed in the 2013 August CoroCoro issue alongside Skiddo and Bunnelby.

Additional Info: By emitting radio waves from its antenna-shaped whiskers, it can communicate with far-off allies. Dedenne can also plug its tail into outlets to drain electricity from them.

20454_pokedex.png

X: Its whiskers serve as antennas. By sending and receiving electrical waves, it can communicate with others over vest distances.
Y: It uses its tail to absorb electricity from power plants or from outlets in houses and then fires the electricity from its whiskers.

20453_locations.png

Route 11

20455_evolution.png

20520_702.png

Does not evolve.

20462_levelup.png

--- Tackle
--- Tail Whip
Lv. 7 - Thunder Shock
Lv. 11 - Charge
Lv. 14 - Charm
Lv. 17 - Parabolic Charge
Lv. 20 - Nuzzle
Lv. 23 - Thunder Wave
Lv. 26 - Volt Switch
Lv. 30 - Rest
Lv. 31 - Snore
Lv. 34 - Charge Beam
Lv. 39 - Entrainment
Lv. 42 - Play Rough
Lv. 45 - Thunder
Lv. 50 - Discharge

20469_artwork.png

Dedenne_official_art_300dpi-500.png
20470_screenshots.png

dedenne_screenshot_1_bmp_jp.png
dedenne_screenshot_2_bmp_jp.png
dedenne_screenshot_4_bmp_jp.png

Last edited by a moderator:
*throws money at screen but nothing is happening*

JUST GIVE IT TO ME ALREADY

Seriously though, I just want this thing to stay small and cute and adorable~ It's so cuteeeee.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like a strange, chibi Raichu to me, and initially I figured that the resemblance would annoy me. But after seeing the screenshots it's quite the opposite. Dedenne is adorable. I need one. And I need a plushie of it so that I can huggle it forever.

I just hope its stats aren't terrible. :p

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:

If it's the Pikachu of the generation, like we suspect it is, then I could see its stats being awful, sadly. That said, I do love the little guy especially when I'm thinking of it more as a hamster than a mouse and I'll happily train one of the little guys. :)

Honestly, the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this was "mini-Raichu."

It seems that yet another Fairy-Type has been revealed. Combined with its dual typing with Electric, and I'm considering this one for my team. However, I'll need to see what its stats are like before I make any final decisions on that.

OMG!!! This pokemon is SUPER CUTE!!!!!!! Even if it has terrible stats I would take it!!! I had a pikachu in Pokemon Red and it grew on me so Im happy that theres another cute electric type cuz its my fav type and it looks like my first electric type but I also like other electric types like mareep plusle minun elektrike shinx jolteon zebstrika.. did I talk too much? It always happens when I talk about electric types.. anywayz I LOVE DEDENNE!!!!:blush::love::D

It looks like a strange, chibi Raichu to me, and initially I figured that the resemblance would annoy me. But after seeing the screenshots it's quite the opposite. Dedenne is adorable. I need one. And I need a plushie of it so that I can huggle it forever.

Don't want you to get jealous but I have a Dedenne plushie :3

nope pretty high

My favorite used to be Raichu, but when I saw Dedenne and that it was also a fairy type, I instantly had a new favorite!