• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#709 - Trevenant

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
709-0.png

#709 - Trevenant
[type=ghost][/type]/[type=grass][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Orotto
Classification: Elder Tree Pokemon
Height: 4'11'' / 1.5m
Weight: 156.5 lbs. / 71.0kg
Egg Group: Grass/Amorphous

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Natural Cure or Frisk
Hidden Ability: Harvest

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Trevenant was first revealed in a sketch done by someone who had seen the trailer shown before the newest Pokemon movie, Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens. Trevenant has now been officially revealed in a trailer on the Nintendo eShop, taking part in a horde battle.

20454_pokedex.png

X: It can control trees at will. It will trap people who harm the forest, so they can never leave.
Y: Using it roots as a nervous system, it controls the trees in the forest. It's kind to the Pokémon that reside in its body.

20453_locations.png

Route 20 or evolve Phantump.

20455_evolution.png

20524_708-709.png

Trevenant evolves from Phantump when traded.

20462_levelup.png

--- Horn Leech
--- Tackle
--- Confuse Ray
Lv. 5 - Astonish
Lv. 8 - Growth
Lv. 13 - Ingrain
Lv. 19 - Feint Attack
Lv. 23 - Leech Seed
Lv. 28 - Curse
Lv. 31 - Will-O-Wisp
Lv. 35 - Forest's Curse
Lv. 39 - Destiny Bond
Lv. 45 - Phantom Force
Lv. 49 - Wood Hammer
Lv. 55 - Shadow Claw
Lv. 62 - Horn Leech

20469_artwork.png

20470_screenshots.png

dfgsgdg_zps21dd9cd5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Been excited about this one since it got leaked. I really hope it gets seasonal formes like Deerling and Sawsbuck, I want an Autumn Orotto really bad. I'm probably choosing Chespin so I don't know how likely it is that I'll be using Orotto, but I do like him enough to have him on my team.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Not really sure how I feel about Orotto really, I think I need to see the official artwork before I decide, but it's certainly not a favourite of the sixth generation Pokémon. It's too much like evil monster trees from other series' for my tastes.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
An interesting theory floating around is that Orotto ties into Sudowoodo somehow. I'm not seeing it as an evolution myself though.

A friend suggested it may be linked to Sudowoodo in some way, but I'm not sure. I mean Sudowoodo looks very sweet and friendly whereas Orotto looks really intimidating. It could be an evolution though I guess. :) I really wished they give us more info about it as it bloody looks good in the trailer. :D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I'd honestly quite like it to be related to Sudowoodo in some way, and the fact it's shown with Sudowoodo gives me a bit of hope! :'D

For the most part I just wish Nintendo would stop neglecting the thing and officially reveal it. I'd like to see what it looks like in its official artwork.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Dying for this thing to finally be officially revealed... just dying...

Like Virgil said, I really hope that it has seasonal differences (assuming X&Y do). This sort of creature is just begging for such.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Dying for this thing to finally be officially revealed... just dying...
I'm really surprised they haven't, considering that it has been shown in official trailers and videos and not just on one occasion! Same goes for Mega Kangaskhan, she was revealed at World's and the official site still hasn't updated with her which really surprises me. Hopefully Orotto gets its time to shine soon though... although I'll probably always remember it as the forgotten tree now xD

I've decided I'm definitely using him on my team (unless you don't get him til like the 7th gym or something)

I'm getting Fennekin now because I love Braixen, and I think a witch and a haunted tree thing would go well together on a team.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
They have not give orotto a english name
Yep, sadly Orotto has yet to be officially revealed properly, it's only been shown in trailers, so we have next to no information on it. Hopefully that'll change, but with the launch of X and Y just over two weeks away we'll be finding out soon regaurdless :)

I find it very unlikely that this one is related to Sudowoodo. I mean, they're both trees, but that's where the similarities end. It's more likely a clone-with-a-twist pokémon, except maybe without the rock typing. Seriously, Bouffalant is more or less a Tauros with a fashion sense.

This Pokemon reminds me of the Territorial Oak from the SNES game EarthBound, for some reason. I'm guessing it'll be a Dark/Grass type, due to its appearance.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This Pokemon reminds me of the Territorial Oak from the SNES game EarthBound, for some reason. I'm guessing it'll be a Dark/Grass type, due to its appearance.

Hopefully they aren't nearly as explosive, though! xD

I'm still rooting, pardon the pun, for it to be Grass/Ghost, because quite frankly we've already had Grass/Dark types before.

Say hello to pseudo ferrerothorn. No, even better. This thing is a beast with amazing stalling capabilities. I fight with it all the time in competitive. Warning, do not use trevenant as a sweeper. Never do that it is mainly a stalker and nothing else.

I love the aspect to the creepy trees in snow white, in fact i think that they might have got it from there cause it was the first thing that popped into my head when i first saw this, but still i love it, i cant wait till i get OR or AS so i can use it. It will be AWESOME

I say this should be ash'es last Pokemon. Maybe they could make it shiny as well. It could make a good episode with team flare trying to catch it because of it's rare color, or something like that. Just to change it up a bit. Plus Noctowl is his only shiny. And make it a Good team members as well.