• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#715 - Noivern

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

715-0.png

#715 - Noivern
[type=flying][/type]/[type=dragon][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Onvern
Classification: Sound Wave Pokemon
Height: 4'11"
Weight: 187.4 lbs
Egg Group: Flying

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Frisk or Infiltrator
Hidden Ability: Telepathy

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Noivern was briefly revealed during the Nintendo Direct E3 Conference on the 11th of June 2013, along with Vivillon.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, 'Noivern is extremely combative toward anything that wanders too close to it. It flies through even the darkest nights using ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears. This Pokémon loves fruit, and feeding it fruit will keep it calm.'

20454_pokedex.png

X: They fly around on moonless nights and attack careless prey. Nothing can beat them in a battle in the dark.
Y: The ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears can reduce a large boulder to pebbles. It swoops out of the dark to attack.

20453_locations.png

Evolve Noibat.

20455_evolution.png

20527_714-715.png

Evolves from Noibat at level 48.

20462_levelup.png

--- Moonlight
--- Boomburst
--- Dragon Pulse
--- Hurricane
--- Screech
--- Supersonic
--- Tackle
Lv. 5 - Leech Life
Lv. 11 - Gust
Lv. 13 - Bite
Lv. 16 - Wing Attack
Lv. 18 - Agility
Lv. 23 - Air Cutter
Lv. 27 - Roost
Lv. 31 - Razor Wind
Lv. 35 - Tailwind
Lv. 40 - Whirlwind
Lv. 43 - Super Fang
Lv. 53 - Air Slash
Lv. 62 - Hurricane
Lv. 70 - Dragon Pulse
Lv. 75 - Boomburst

20469_artwork.png

Noivern_zps41b26769.png
20470_screenshots.png

june_new_p16_01.png
june_new_p16_02.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Not all too happy that this thing is a dragon considering the Fairy Type coming in this generation, but design wise I think it's really cute. ♥

I like the idea that it's a bat, I mean we've had bats before, but this is by far my favourite. It looks a big dragon-y in its design too, so I can see myself getting attached to it fairly quickly. :)

A sound-dragon-bat? Consider me interested!

I very much like this Pokemon's design, and while I'm groaning at the fact that it's yet another Dragon/Flying type combination, that will not deter me from at least attempting to raise him/her.

I love this bat's design, the only thing I'm not too fond about is those giant speakers on its head. Whatever though, overall it's really cool.

I'll probably use this on my team, and name it Batman :3 Or Brucie (As in Bruce Wayne) :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I really like the overall design of this bat-ish fellow, it looks pretty epic and I do like the colours they've used. I'll be interested to see if it evolves from some super-cute and squishy little bat creature :D Certainly one of my favourites so far.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm also not too keen on the fact that Noivern is yet another Flying/Dragon-type, but maaaaaan, look at those battle screenshots! It looks amazing. I want this thing on my team just so that I can stare at it. @-@

I'm assuming it'll be able to take part in the Sky Battles too, so yay. ♥

Welcome to my team, Noivern.

Wasn't fond of that pre-evolution, but wowie...I love this guy @w@
4'11"? 'Bit shorter then I imagined...but hey SOUND-WAVE DRAGON-BAT!!

Abilites not the best...but hey, no more annoying Protect issues >:3
Another Flying/Dragon?? I think it should be something like Dragon/Poison maybe.

WOW!!!!!!!
Game freak I love you for this!!!!!
Finally a big bad beastly dragon pokemon
Probably another presudo ledgend thing ps but oh well
Dragonite may be my favorite dragon type but now that gen 6 hit the road Noivern is now

O
Welcome to my team, Noivern.

Wasn't fond of that pre-evolution, but wowie...I love this guy @w@
4'11"? 'Bit shorter then I imagined...but hey SOUND-WAVE DRAGON-BAT!!

Abilites not the best...but hey, no more annoying Protect issues >:3
Another Flying/Dragon?? I think it should be something like Dragon/Poison maybe.
Or they should have added Sound type and made Noivern a Dragon/Sound type but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.