• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

2nd Ann. Grand Festival! (DISCUSS.)

thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/grand-festival-2nd-ann.19657/

Alright, everyone! I am officially hosting my second Grand Festival Roleplay! My previous one from last year was won by Platinum_, who holds the current title. The Grand Festival is the largest and most extravagant final Pokemon Contest of the year, where any qualifying Coordinator with 5 Ribbons from normal Contests may enter. The winner of this large festival will receive the esteemed Ribbon Cup and the title of "Top Coordinator" for their superior performance. I hope you find this interesting and decide to join!

| Please read before joining |

Requirements:

- Must have (only) 4 Pokemon entered in the Festival

- You must have decent roleplay experience (i.e, able to write more than a couple lines. An exact paragraph [5 sentences] is the minimum per post)

Rules:

- Only 1 Pokemon can be used for the first round of appeals, and then 2 paired Pokemon can perform for the Second Appeal Rounds (You can reuse the first one you used), and then the other remaining 2 will have to be used to battle.

- Pokemon will be a first-come-first-serve process, no two participants can have the same Pokemon. ( However different evolutions of the same Pokemon is allowed )

- NO LEGENDARY OR MEGA-EVOLVING POKEMON

- Please do not post one liners. If it is your turn to perform, your posts have to at least be a paragraph. Express your creativity, paint a picture in the reader's minds for better scores from the judges.

- Each performer can only perform at most 4 combinations during the appeal rounds. This is only a rule to prevent posts that contain an endless amount of combinations, dragging on the performance.
(Combinations are the mixing of 2-3 moves in order to create a certain special effect).

- There will be no knock-outs in Contest Battles. An in-RP timer will be set and the two Coordinators will battle it out then. It is only over when the timer is out. Each Roleplayer will be able to post 5 times each during the battle before the timer runs out.

- In the battles, you cannot constantly dodge or counter every attack. Although dodging and countering is definitely something you want your Pokemon to do, you have to get hit eventually, of course. Just do your best to come back from those attacks or make them work in your favor. Not every attack of yours can hit either. Avoid posting that your attack "hit and was super effective" in the RP. Because, as all Contests go, it is not about your attack hitting, but how it looks and shows off your Pokemon's grace, beauty, intelligence, strength, etc.

- Please be active. Life happens, trust me I know. But don't disappear for days at a time when it supposed to be your turn - we have to be fair to the others :)

I will be bringing along @Platinum_ our past Winner to become a public judge for this years Festival. I will be opening other judging spots for availability.

So far (0) judging spots are open.

Please do not worry about me being bias to anyone, as I am only 1 of the 4 judges I will be asking to help run this RP. I will not be showing favoritism to anyone participating in this RP, as the other judges and I will solely be judging by your creativity, uniqueness, originality, and writing skill.

Please post your character sheets below!

Format:

Name:
Appearance:
Four Pokemon:
(Optional) Contest Specialization: (Toughness, Beautiful moves, Cuteness, etc.)

Sorry that this was so long! I hope that if you join you enjoy the roleplay and give it your all! Please no sore losers or boastful winners. Any amount of people may join, even if this is your first time trying out a Contest RP, so please do! Have Fun! ♥

Last edited:

todoroki

Previously gamora
so excited to get started :V

Name:
Osmio García
Appearance: has a muscular build, from personally fighting with his Pokémon to train them. His smoky black hair is frosted with gray at the tips. He gels it upwards, with it shaved on the side. His caramel skin is dotted with freckles, and his nose has a small black septum ring through it. He stands at 6'3", and weighs in at 180lbs. He dresses as edgy as his unfriendly personality and taste in Pokémon would make you think, wearing mostly black shirts, leather jackets and torn black jeans. However, if he gets far enough into a contest, he will dress himself up for it.
Four Pokemon: Pangoro (Picar), Rampardos (Espigo), Electivire (Chispa), Granbull (Cariño)
Contest Specialization: Tough/Cool Pokémon, but having them create displays mixing the toughness and coolness with beauty.

Name: Randish Gold
Appearance:His build is quite tall and lanky, with not much completely visible muscle. He has matted down red-dyed hair, Blue Eyes, and a mildly tan skin color. He usually wears a green t-shirt and blue jeans with black sandals, but during contests he wears a turquoise suit with a light green tie and black dress pants and shoes.
Four Pokémon:Venasaur (Jade), Kriketune (Lyre), Gardevoir (Iris), Blaziken (Horus).
Contest Speciality:None

jade421

Previously Sarah316
@gamora
@Cryronn the Mudkip
@Sarah316 (just in case you wanted to give it another go lol, dont feel pressured to though!)

Well, I mean I have the desire to. But my IRL schedule is a bit hectic right now for too many RPs. If you are in desperate need of another RPer for an even number or something you can ask again. But I appreciate the lack of pressure XD

Also Yusa I say give it a shot. You never know unless you just try. That's half the fun :)

Name: Olivia Miles

Appearance: Olivia is remarkably short for her age, and has pale skin, and long black hair styled in a hime-cut, which covers her eyes and forehead. During contests, she wears a white dress shirt, with a red cape attached, and a black waistcoat, as well as a white, phantom of the opera style mask. This often changes in the appeal to something which fits her performance.

Pokemon: Cherrim, Milotic, Absol, Togedemaru

Contest specialty: Her performances are usually themed.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Big question? Are Fakemon allowed? I have visuals, permission, and everything if needed. But if not, I'll have a regular Pokemon team.

Name: Crimson Asters

Appearance: Profile Picture for regular attire and natural features. For Pokemon Contests, Crimson generally wears a crimson red dress shirt paired with black slacks. He accommodates the outfits with dark chestnut boots and a sleek black tie. Crimson also wears mini hoop earrings and a white jasmine boutonniere on his left chest.

Four Pokemon: Spectreon, Venobra, Pyramadon, Hyribis (Fakemon Team, if allowed of course)
Luxray, Froslass, Sharpedo, Volcarona (If Fakemon Team isn't allowed)

Contest Specialization: Uses tough looking Pokemon, but instead of using tough power moves, he exemplifies beautiful combinations

so excited to get started :V

Name:
Osmio García
Appearance: has a muscular build, from personally fighting with his Pokémon to train them. His smoky black hair is frosted with gray at the tips. He gels it upwards, with it shaved on the side. His caramel skin is dotted with freckles, and his nose has a small black septum ring through it. He stands at 6'3", and weighs in at 180lbs. He dresses as edgy as his unfriendly personality and taste in Pokémon would make you think, wearing mostly black shirts, leather jackets and torn black jeans. However, if he gets far enough into a contest, he will dress himself up for it.
Four Pokemon: Pangoro (Picar), Rampardos (Espigo), Electivire (Chispa), Granbull (Cariño)
Contest Specialization: Tough/Cool Pokémon, but having them create displays mixing the toughness and coolness with beauty.
Accepted!!

Name: Randish Gold
Appearance:His build is quite tall and lanky, with not much completely visible muscle. He has matted down red-dyed hair, Blue Eyes, and a mildly tan skin color. He usually wears a green t-shirt and blue jeans with black sandals, but during contests he wears a turquoise suit with a light green tie and black dress pants and shoes.
Four Pokémon:Venasaur (Jade), Kriketune (Lyre), Gardevoir (Iris), Blaziken (Horus).
Contest Speciality:None
Accepted!!

Name: Olivia Miles

Appearance: Olivia is remarkably short for her age, and has pale skin, and long black hair styled in a hime-cut, which covers her eyes and forehead. During contests, she wears a white dress shirt, with a red cape attached, and a black waistcoat, as well as a white, phantom of the opera style mask.

Pokemon: Cherrim, Milotic, Absol, Togedemaru

Contest specialty: She likes to involve herself in her performances.
Accepted!!

Big question? Are Fakemon allowed? I have visuals, permission, and everything if needed. But if not, I'll have a regular Pokemon team.

Name: Crimson Asters

Appearance: Profile Picture for regular attire and natural features. For Pokemon Contests, Crimson generally wears a crimson red dress shirt paired with black slacks. He accommodates the outfits with dark chestnut boots and a sleek black tie. Crimson also wears mini hoop earrings and a white jasmine boutonniere on his left chest.

Four Pokemon: Spectreon, Venobra, Pyramadon, Hyribis (Fakemon Team, if allowed of course)
Luxray, Froslass, Sharpedo, Volcarona (If Fakemon Team isn't allowed)

Contest Specialization: Uses tough looking Pokemon, but instead of using tough power moves, he exemplifies beautiful combinations
For convenience sake, Fakemon aren't allowed. Only because so much more has to be taken into consideration with my judges and such, super sorry! Other than that you are accepted!!

Name: Her name is Diana Tangi.
Appearance: Diana is about 5'2" and has a skinny build and a lighter skin tone. She has blond hair in a paler shade that goes down to her neck and has a small patch of faint freckles on her nose. She has sky blue eyes and has on a pair of clear safety goggles with the edges being made of a thin layering of twenty-four karat gold and the adjustive strap being composed of leather to give it a sensation of the steampunk era. She has on a short-sleeved, gray henley shirt and a nightly black skort. She wears a violet lab coat over her clothing, as the inner area has a few hidden pockets and a bigger one on the outside that can be used as a sling to carry around small Pokémon. She has on a pair of orchid ballet shoes and carries around a mellow mauve duffel bag.
Four Pokémon: She has a Lapras, Drillbur, Mudkip and a Scizor.
Contest Specialization: She usually specializes in cuteness after learning that most of her Pokémon perform best in that area. However, her Scizor prefers to utilize toughness to frighten the small fry and render them unable to partake in any sort of beneficial activity.

Name: Her name is Diana Tangi.
Appearance: Diana is about 5'2" and has a skinny build and a lighter skin tone. She has blond hair in a paler shade that goes down to her neck and has a small patch of faint freckles on her nose. She has sky blue eyes and has on a pair of clear safety goggles with the edges being made of a thin layering of twenty-four karat gold and the adjustive strap being composed of leather to give it a sensation of the steampunk era. She has on a short-sleeved, gray henley shirt and a nightly black skort. She wears a violet lab coat over her clothing, as the inner area has a few hidden pockets and a bigger one on the outside that can be used as a sling to carry around small Pokémon. She has on a pair of orchid ballet shoes and carries around a mellow mauve duffel bag.
Four Pokémon: She has a Lapras, Drillbur, Mudkip and a Scizor.
Contest Specialization: She usually specializes in cuteness after learning that most of her Pokémon perform best in that area. However, her Scizor prefers to utilize toughness to frighten the small fry and render them unable to partake in any sort of beneficial activity.
Accepted!!

Working on the thread now!

OK GUYS Thread is up!!!
https://pokecharms.com/threads/grand-festival-2nd-ann.19657/

whoever wants to appeal first, feel free to jump in and do so!

(people can go in an orderly fashion after the first person goes - just stay neat and make sure to acknowledge the other person finishing their performance before you begin).

IF you guys still have any questions on what/how you should post for each round, please look back at the first Grand Festival RP and read the first couple of posts there - that should give you a good idea on what to do ♥

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Asking before hand, is there a limit of how many Pokemon moves can a Pokemon have (Like the general four moves only)? Or is the limit only applied to combinations?

Name: Lily Kris
Appearance: Pokeball Style hat Brown hair tied in a ponytail, Black and white blouse jean shorts. (Think of Let's Go Female Protag) Contest out fit. (Essentially Oras Female Contest Outfit but with a black and red color scheme (Just as Much Glitter though) With a black top hat and red ribbon also hair tied in pig tails)
Four Pokemon: Braixen, Pokeball Vilillon, Aigeslash, Sylveon
(Optional) Contest Specialization: Beautiful

(Warning: Every roleplay I join dies soon XD)

So so sorry guys!! Things have been a bit hectic irl with my school having been started back last week - but Im finally back in the swing of things.

Asking before hand, is there a limit of how many Pokemon moves can a Pokemon have (Like the general four moves only)? Or is the limit only applied to combinations?
The limit is only on the combinations - your Pokemon can definitely know more than 4 moves, they just has to be moves they can officially learn!

Name: Lily Kris
Appearance: Pokeball Style hat Brown hair tied in a ponytail, Black and white blouse jean shorts. (Think of Let's Go Female Protag) Contest out fit. (Essentially Oras Female Contest Outfit but with a black and red color scheme (Just as Much Glitter though) With a black top hat and red ribbon also hair tied in pig tails)
Four Pokemon: Braixen, Pokeball Vilillon, Aigeslash, Sylveon
(Optional) Contest Specialization: Beautiful

(Warning: Every roleplay I join dies soon XD)
Accepted!

Well, since I have noticed that it has been a long amount of time already after not getting anything from here oddly enough, I might need to consider pulling the flare if it is the case of having to go against time after noticing how much it has progressed already. *grabs flare and calls for escape signal*

I feel bad, though! @Kiraru if you still want to perform, it wont affect anyone negatively! We're still in Round 1 and we could use the numbers! If you still want to drop out, thats fine though

todoroki

Previously gamora
hey everyone, sorry for stopping the flow of things. i can drop out if youd like, but if you want i can still post an appeal ♥