• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
If you, like us, tuned into the 24-hour stream of Glimwood Tangle, This is likely what you've seen 99.9% of the time:
Glimwood.png
And nothing else.

Promoted as a "24-hour stream from the Galar Region demonstrating the ecology of the Pokémon in the Glimwood Tangle" and mostly demonstrating that there wasn't much life out in this particular patch of static, frozen wilderness (clearly the work of Zacian and Zamazenta's errant sibling, Za Warudo), the stream in question nonetheless had a few things of note.

First was a confirmation of the return of several fairly obvious species, all notably Fairy and/or Grass types - Morelull/Shiinotic, Swirlix, Cottonee and Phantump (and thus, probably, their evolutions as well). Impidimp (which has yet to be revealed officially) got some more footage - and all of this was the maddeningly long and drawn out reveal for-

ezgif-1-18bf5cc76e54.gif

Aww. See? Friendship IS Magic!

A new Galarian form of Ponyta, most likely a Fairy-type of some sort given the Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows theme and the general setup of Glimwood Tangle as a fae forest. Shortly after this display of adorable and glowy rainbow fuzz (why is one of them seemingly missing a tail?) the camera shut off, only for the sound of a Rapidash cry to be heard - off screen, of course, because if there's something the Fairy type is appropriate for, it's a massive troll.

Will we receive further news about these critters soon? We'll let you know as soon as we find out.

In the meantime, what are your thoughts on this new revelation? Is this magical equine everything you wished for in a regional variation of Ponyta, or are you more of a neighsayer on the matter, believing the horse just got worse? Let us know what you think in the comments!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I like the new Fairy Ponyta. More than once I heard mysterious galloping and was wondering what kind of equine creature we were going to see. I only wish that more biodiversity had been shown in this low, low encounter rate forest. The first few minutes were nice by the fact that we seemingly had a Pokemon showing up every five minutes or so until... nothing. Clearly the canopy is so thick that sunlight cannot penetrate to the forest floor given that the lighting (nor anything else for that matter) changed the whole time. Oh well. For science! I guess.

My little pony/Pokémon crossover?

I really like the whole deep dark forest looking vines going on and the glowing mushrooms. I hope ghost type pokemon live in this forest too, what with the whole dark forest vibes(pokemon luring people into the forest and getting them lost) it's kinda dark but would make great lore.

Last edited:
A new Galarian form of Ponyta, most likely a Fairy-type
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :love::love::love:

Is this magical equine everything you wished for in a regional variation of Ponyta,

YES! As much as I like fire types, i just never really liked ponyta, not sure why, My first game was X, and i instantly LOVED Fairy-Types. So, ever since i just adored them. ANDY YAY SWIRLIX

I

IciclePyx

Makes me wonder what Galarian Rapidash will look like.

Do you think the tail thing might be a gender difference?

It must be a gender difference i can see either way though, since male peacocks tend to have pretty feathers over the female. Maybe the tail will be male, or maybe female?

Btw, i think a 2 minute video trailer would of been better than dragging it on for a full 24 hours, since we knew of Impidimp, nothing 'new' was actually shown off...

CreepyKidInDaCorner

Previously GKForest
If you, like us, tuned into the 24-hour stream of Glimwood Tangle, This is likely what you've seen 99.9% of the time:
View attachment 752777
Wonder if it's a game exclusive for shield
And nothing else.

Promoted as a "24-hour stream from the Galar Region demonstrating the ecology of the Pokémon in the Glimwood Tangle" and mostly demonstrating that there wasn't much life out in this particular patch of static, frozen wilderness (clearly the work of Zacian and Zamazenta's errant sibling, Za Warudo), the stream in question nonetheless had a few things of note.

First was a confirmation of the return of several fairly obvious species, all notably Fairy and/or Grass types - Morelull/Shiinotic, Swirlix, Cottonee and Phantump (and thus, probably, their evolutions as well). Impidimp (which has yet to be revealed officially) got some more footage - and all of this was the maddeningly long and drawn out reveal for-

View attachment 752784
Aww. See? Friendship IS Magic!

A new Galarian form of Ponyta, most likely a Fairy-type of some sort given the Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows theme and the general setup of Glimwood Tangle as a fae forest. Shortly after this display of adorable and glowy rainbow fuzz (why is one of them seemingly missing a tail?) the camera shut off, only for the sound of a Rapidash cry to be heard - off screen, of course, because if there's something the Fairy type is appropriate for, it's a massive troll.

Will we receive further news about these critters soon? We'll let you know as soon as we find out.

In the meantime, what are your thoughts on this new revelation? Is this magical equine everything you wished for in a regional variation of Ponyta, or are you more of a neighsayer on the matter, believing the horse just got worse? Let us know what you think in the comments!

Might be shield exclusive

Last edited by a moderator:

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Why do people want good base stats. It's not about strength but strategy
strategy is part of why i need good stats though. I have certain tanks I like to use and certain offensives,the order I use them in depends on what pokemon i'm against. For example, if i'm fighting an Aggron, I might use Kartana or something. I like to think it as a matching game, you see one and find it's equal, but in the opposite stat.
All that being said, however, I guess it doesn't count as strategy, as i'm throwing them at one another, but whatever.

Why do people want good base stats. It's not about strength but strategy
True, but when you need a status-inflicter are you going to opt for the statistically mediocre Dustox over something like Butterfree, or even better, Breloom? Sure, I generally use what I want, but when I have a goal that requires good stats I opt for good stats, or at least a happy medium of what Pokemon I want/good stats. If I'm playing an easier game or am building a for-fun team I take what I want, regardless of stats. It just depends.