• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

2014 Pokémon Video Game & Trading Card Game Champions Crowned

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
2014-worlds-banner-mobile.jpg
After a grand weekend of battling our video game and trading card game world champions for 2014 have been decided. Our champions for this year are as follows:

Video Game Champions:
  • Junior divison champion - Kota Yamamoto
  • Senior divison champion - Nikolai Zielinski
  • Master division champion - Se Jun Park
Trading Card Game Champions:
  • Junior divison champion - Haruto Kobayashi
  • Senior divison champion - Trent Orndorff
  • Master divison champion - Andrew Estrada
The players took their well earned titles after a weekend of tough and exciting battles across both the VGC and TCG divisions. Pokémon.com streamed the whole event on their Twitch channel and highlights from the weekend can still be watched there. If you're interested then you can check the channel out right here. It's worth watching out for the rather awesome Pachirisu that Se Jun Park uses...

The location of the World Championships next year has yet to be decided.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Se Jun Park~♥
I love him for that Pachirisu. He used it fantastically. I can't wait to see what random Poke he'll use next year.

i didnt see the card stuff but i knew i was in for at least one person from japan winning something but im thinking that the trading card game winner is either american, british or australian which i wasnt expecting. id usually expect anyone from japan to win on everything game related, i mean they are so good at that stuff

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
i didnt see the card stuff but i knew i was in for at least one person from japan winning something but im thinking that the trading card game winner is either american, british or australian which i wasnt expecting. id usually expect anyone from japan to win on everything game related, i mean they are so good at that stuff

Andrew Estrada is Canadian.

Japan's representation in Worlds is actually pretty unbalanced. Japan has a single Nationals competition to win entry to Worlds - though they do have other options, as they did for the VGC this year with an online tournament in XY. The US, on the other hand, has Nationals up and down the country, and Europe is represented by at least a Nationals in the UK as well as some in other Western European countries (this year there were Nationals in Germany and Italy).

The US is the most over-represented because not only do they have the most Nationals events, but they host Worlds itself and therefore it's much easier to enter the last chance qualifiers held at Worlds.