• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

2014 International Challenge - May Announced

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
pgl-may-int-challenge-169-en.jpg
The latest in the International Challenge series of Wi-Fi tournaments for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has been announced. This tournament is the 2014 International Challenge - May and will open registration on the 8th of May until the 15th of May. Battles will then take place from the 16th of May until midnight on the 18th of May.

The tournament will be using the Video Game Championships 2014 rules which are Double Battles using Flat Rules. Players will be split into two different ages divisions, players born in 1998 or earlier will be in the Masters divisions while anyone born in 1999 or later will be playing in the Junior/Senior divisions.

All Pokémon must be caught or bred in Kalos and be part of the Kalos Pokédex's. As with the last tournament players will only be able to battle up to 20 times a day. The only banned Pokémon are Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde.

We wish players the best of luck and may the best trainer win!

I would like to know if this is being set up by Smogon. Im not gonna participate in anything Smogon related. However, I would like to show off my skills.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I would like to know if this is being set up by Smogon. Im not gonna participate in anything Smogon related. However, I would like to show off my skills.

Nope, none of these tournaments are ran by Smogon and we generally don't report on tournaments that Smogon are running. :)

These tournaments are official tournaments ran by the Pokémon Company International and held through the Pokémon Global Link. ^^

So only the three Kalos legendaries and MewTwo are banned correct? Alright, sounds good to me. I would like to participate.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
So only the three Kalos legendaries and MewTwo are banned correct? Alright, sounds good to me. I would like to participate.

Yeah, only the three Kalos legendaries and Mewtwo are banned from the tournament. :) Keep in mind you can only use Pokémon from the three Kalos Pokédex's though.

The latest in the International Challenge series of Wi-Fi tournaments for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has been announced. This tournament is the 2014 International Challenge - May and will open registration on the 8th of May until the 15th of May. Battles will then take place from the 16th of May until midnight on the 18th of May.

The tournament will be using the Video Game Championships 2014 rules which are Double Battles using Flat Rules. Players will be split into two different ages divisions, players born in 1998 or earlier will be in the Masters divisions while anyone born in 1999 or later will be playing in the Junior/Senior divisions.

All Pokémon must be caught or bred in Kalos and be part of the Kalos Pokédex's. As with the last tournament players will only be able to battle up to 20 times a day. The only banned Pokémon are Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde.

We wish players the best of luck and may the best trainer win!
I wanna participate in the tournament so let me in