• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

15th Movie Details

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
movie-15-image.png

Surprisingly a few small but interesting details to do with the 15th Pokémon movie were announced today. Early yesterday the official Twitter account for the Pokémon movies Tweeted saying that details to do with the latest movie would be given on Japanese Tv show Oha Suta, and staying true to their word details were given.

Read More

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Looking good. As usual the trailer reveals little, but it was nice seeing the Fighting-type trio animated. ^^

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Another interesting piece of info is a rumour going around saying the city/town (wherever Ash and the gang are), is based on somewhere in the UK (me and a friend thought Wales from the trailer), which is quite interesting. :D

Industrialized, steampunk-esque Mining town; I approve! Also it seems to be built inside a gigantic crater, so perhaps the Kyurem legend will come into play~

I wouldn't mind an unexpected (and by unexpected, I mean totally expected) Keldeo appearance, but more than that, I'm hoping Kyurem gets a new, more complete-looking Forme. If that were the case, then the third Gen 5 title will probably be coming out together with the movie sometime mid-2012 ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I'm not a big fan of the fact that Kyurem was CGI in the preview. I hope that was just for that sequence, or only for a single sequence in the film. That style of animation just does not flow with the more traditional styled look that Pokemon has.

Other than that the preview is short but exciting. I hope we actually get a battle between the legendaries, as those are always the movies that I enjoy the most. I've never been a fan of the ones where the Chibi Legendaries grow attached to Female-companion-of-series and then some bad guy wants it for his own selfish goals and there is no real conflict beyond that. I like me some epic battles and destruction! D:<

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Sir Red said:
I'm not a big fan of the fact that Kyurem was CGI in the preview. I hope that was just for that sequence, or only for a single sequence in the film. That style of animation just does not flow with the more traditional styled look that Pokemon has.

Other than that the preview is short but exciting. I hope we actually get a battle between the legendaries, as those are always the movies that I enjoy the most. I've never been a fan of the ones where the Chibi Legendaries grow attached to Female-companion-of-series and then some bad guy wants it for his own selfish goals and there is no real conflict beyond that. I like me some epic battles and destruction! D:<

I'd guess Kyurem will only be CGI for a few sequences, I doubt it'll be something continued throughout the movie. Like you said it doesn't fit.

I agree, last few movies have lacked that 'epic battle' theme to them. I also can't see Iris ending up one of those girls that ends up loved by a Pokemon either, so I'd say we're safe there too. xD

I can't see Iris befriending any of the big legendaries in this movie. Usually the female protagonists don't do much of anything in the movies anyway.

I honestly think Misty was the worst offender. Did she do ANYTHING in the 5 movies she was in? The only thing she did was battle Molly a little bit in Movie 3, but that was about it. Everytime she was in a movie she would fade into the background with Brock.

I hope Cilan gets more screentime too for that matter, Brock also literally does nothing in the movies.