• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your favourite Pokemon

Re: Your favourite Pokemon

My favourites are
187.gif
Hoppip and
586b.gif
Sawsbuck.

Weird, I know, but I've always been a Meowth and Raichu fan.
They're considered the weakest, but they had the most energy and originality to their character during the Kento series.

Spr_5b_330.png

Flygon, of course! I've always liked Ground types, for their unique qualities mainly. But Flygon has always stood out amongst them as a unique Pokemon with an interesting dual typing of Dragon, which granted it STAB Outrage, which sweeps teams. My all time favourite; from the minute Gen III was revealed.
But other than him, Starmie, Aggron and Cinccino stand out.

Mine is a tie between piplup and samurott! Why? Well I started to like pokemon in 2009 when platinum came out. So I decided to choose piplup for my starter. Plus Empoleon was my first lvl. 100. Samurott is the most powerful pokemon that I have in my black and white2. So basically Piplup=first pokemon and Samurott=most powerful in black and white2.

My favorite is ARCANINE! Just think about it. Gamefreak meant to make him a legendary in Gen 1 and made him so awesome!

I have many favourite Pokémon...

My favourite types are Ice and Electric.

Generation I: Articuno, Eevee, Mew, Pikachu, Raichu, Zapdos
Generation II: Bayleef, Celebi, Chikorita, Pichu, Raikou, Sneasel, Umbreon
Generation III: Absol, Beldum, Gardevoir, Grovyle, Minun, Plusle, Regice
Generation IV: Buizel, Darkrai, Gallade, Garchomp, Glaceon, Lucario, Pachirisu, Riolu, Roserade, Shaymin, Staraptor
Generation V: Cryogonal, Dewott, Emolga, Klang, Klink, Klinklang, Kyurem, Liepard, Lilligant, Meloetta, Petilil, Samurott, Yamask, Zorua
Generation VI (of the currently known Pokémon): Chespin, Honedge

Hmm. My favorite Pokemon? Well. It's either Mismagius/Banette or Liligant/Leafeon but that's all I guess. Maybe Lugia too. Heheh; Pretty much am obsessed with Ghost/Grass but I think Lugia is an exception?;

As you can tell by my avatar, Snorlax has always been my favorite Pokemon! All it does is eat and sleep, so I feel like I connect with it on a spiritual level. That aside, this isn't a Pokemon you'd want to wake up! Being one of the hardest hitters back in Gen 1, the Sleeping Pokemon is no pushover (HA!)

Besides Snorlax, I pretty much like all bulky, spherical Pokemon :love:
(One Pokemon I do like that isn't round is Lucario~)

My favorite pokemon are probably honchkrow and kabutops
I just find kabutops badass
And honchkrow is a really good sweeper and i also looks cool :D

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
My favorites are Torchic, Sableye, and Beautifly!

I like Torchic because my first Pokémon game was Pokémon Emerald around the time it came out. So obviously I didn't know any Pokémon (I was like, 6!) , but I Remember I always chose Torchic. Not because of Blaziken, but because it was the most adorable thing!:love:

Sableye I like because I've always liked the design. I always picked one up, no matter what, and I like it even more since it has no weaknesses.

Beautifly is complicated though, so here it goes....:'|
During my 7th grade year, my Nana was driving me to my bus stop, and I was looking for a Female Ralts with the ability Synchronize (I've always been really picky about the genders and abilities of my Pokémon), and I had been searching for, like, 3 days. I thought to myself, Dangit, I'm gonna find a shiny Pokémon before I find this Ralts!;_;
You probably see where I'm going with this don't you?
I found a Shiny Wurmple, female, and my very first Shiny. It easily became my favorite of that team, taking it to the end, when I decided to trade it to a copy of Ruby I got off EBay. When I finally got a game I could transfer them to, I put it in, and it wouldn't work. I looked at my Ruby file and it said....
THE SAVE FILE HAS BEEN DELETED
I was about to slit my friends throat>=O
But yeah, those are my favorites :)
(Sorry for the long post)

*EDITING TIIIME*
I've realized that Dedenne is now tied with Torchic for #1 spot. I've loved the adorable little thing since it was revealed, and after my playthrough of X with Lucy the Dedenne, I just can't deny it a spot. :)

Last edited:
Empoleon. Empoleons name is Napoleon and emperor together! Empoleon is the best pokemon of the best type in my opinnion. Go Empoleon! The emperor pokemon! The penguin pokemon! A mix of my favourite types! Its all my opinion.

Bulbasaur and it's evolutions. They've always been my favourite ever since I first saw Bulbasaur in the cartoon and decided I wanted to get the game. I also love Meganium, Torterra and Togekiss though as I think they're pretty cool. :D

Well, nowadays, going by type again...

Normal: Cinccino
Fire: Magmortar
Water: Dewott
Grass: Lilligant
Electric: Jolteon
Flying: Charizard
Fighting: Blaziken
Psychic: Gallade
Ice: Froslass
Ghost: Mismagius
Dark: Absol
Ground: Sandslash
Dragon: Latias
Steel: Scizor
Rock: Kabutops
Bug: Yanmega
Poison: Nidoking
Fairy: Gardevoir

My absolute favorite is Gallade, with Cinccino, Blaziken, Scizor, Sandslash, and Froslass not far behind.

ADMIN EDIT: Double posts merged and unnecessary quote removed.

Definitely cradily, with volcarona and spiritomb coming close, I don't know why but I love cradily's design

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Top 100 favorite list, so I'll say two things. My favorite non-legendary Pokemon is Typhlosion. My favorite legendary Pokemon are Uxie and Giratina. Uxie is liked more than Giratina, but just liked a bit more. ;)

Minun. Minun is the single most coolest little dude in the world. Here are MY reasons why:

1. Electric Type-Who doesn't like this type!? Only one weakness :3
2. Blue. Who the heck doesn't like BLUE? Double :3
3. Little. The little guy complex can be a big turn on! Triple :3
4. Just so darn CUTE! A MILLION TIMES-:3
5. Devious >_> No explanation

He is my FAV pokaymon! ♥
Yay! I'm not the only big fan of Minun! He's strong and cute! I used him MANY times in Ruby and I have a Minun plushie! It's true! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorites from each type of mons were uhh

Normal: Blissey
Fire: Volcarona
Water: Gyarados. Classic.
Grass: Ferrothorn
Electric: Pikachu.lol childhood
Flying: Braviary, just so boss.
Fighting: Medicham
Psychic: Reuniclus
Ice: idunno, maybe Abomasnow
Ghost: everyone.lol.Gengar
Dark: Hydreigon
Ground: Rhyperior
Dragon: Tyrantrum
Steel: Metagross
Rock: Aerodactyl
Bug: Accelgor
Poison: Garbodor <.> no, Drapion.
Fairy: Mawile :love:

But among all o'em, Aerodactyl and Mawile all the way.

Easy question-Fire starters, especially the Cyndaquil line. Why that? The Typhlosion family was the star of my show in SoulSilver 3 years ago-what got me hooked. I had picked Cyndaquil by accident (I was new to the games-I had gotten a DSi just to play this) so I pretty much really like Cyndaquil and Co.

My Number 1 favorite Pokemon has to be Houndoom (shocking, I know), but I have a few other favorites. Namely, Scizor, Gardevoir, Jolteon, Lugia, Gengar, Ferrothorn, and Flygon.

I've always had a favorite for every type of pokemon. Normal: Vigoroth, because it's like a Primeape, but in sloth form. Dragon: Hydreigon, simply because of a love for the Greek Hydra. Psychic: Alakazam, something about that Fu Man Chu looking appearance just makes me love it so much. Ghost: Mismagius, mischievous, floaty, and looks like a witch, what more to say? Electric: Electabuzz, so scary looking, but also so protective. Fighting: Poliwrath, something so cute turned out to be so tough. Dark: Absol, so beautiful, yet so ominous. Steel: Scizor, just the name alone saying it makes it sound awesome. Water: Tentacruel, Scary and looks like a alien, but also think of it being the perfect thing to 'Swim' on. Poison: Can't decide between Arbok and Seviper, always had a love of snakes. Bug: Ariados, I also love spiders. Ground: Rampardos, dinosaur 'nuff said. Rock: Marowak, even if not small still so cute to have. Grass: Torterra, it's like having a garden, a giant garden that moves. Flying: Tropius, just coincides with Torterra and looks like a dinosaur palm tree. Fire: Arcanine, great big dog of fire. Ice: Dewgong, a nice pokemon to see to feel better after a bad day.

I'll make my fav of each type:
Bug: Butterfree! Nostalgia..
Dark: This one's easy.. UMBREON ROCKS!!! Allthough my Mightyena grew on me too!
Dragon: I'e never been such a dragon type fan, but there's a deadline beetween Flygon and Dragonair.. But I enjoyed using Goodra too!
Electric: All of them!! It is my favourite type.. I can go on and on about electric types!
Fairy: Florgess.. It is SOO cool! Sylveon is close second. And Slurpuff! Yum! :nom: XD
Fighting: Lucario.. I like its design.
Flying: Ummm.. Braviary! Love 'em!
Fire: I realy REALY like Infernape and Magmoar.. They are beasts!
Ground: Sandslash!! Oh, memories.. But Cubone too!
Grass: I didn't have a grass type pokemon untill gen 3 so it's Breloom!
Ghost: Froslass.. I just LOVE her!
Ice: Froslass! Just kidding. It's Weavile!
Normal: Miltank.. It's a tank.. But I don't like WHITNEYS Miltank! I'm sure you aggree with me..
Poison: Well I think that it might be Arbok..
Psychic: Grumpig, Hypno and Espeon!!
Rock: Onix. It's a GIANT ROCKY SNAKE!! That can be destroyed with a leaf.. Oh well.
Steel: Skarmory! It is so awesome!
Water: Well Blastoise is my first Pokemon, but I liek Mudkips too! <.> Oh and Politoed is close second! Tied with Masquerain and Vaporeon.

And my favourite Pokemon of all time is... Smeargle!!! I realised that I am an artistic soul, too bad I don't have a scanner so I can post my drawings!!!>=O

Last edited:
My favorite is shedinja, cool design with the most useful ability ever with a interesting way to obtain and only 1 HP which is so unique it's just so cool but also I like Weezing

Croagunk and Toxicroak of course :D Because both of these where in my first team ever in the first pokemon game I played (Pearl). I just love these two because they can also come with good abilities like dry skin and other cool stuff.

Normal: Porygon
Fire: Blaziken
Water: Gyarados. Awesome...<.>
Grass:Serperior
Electric: Eelektross. Lovely.
Flying: Braviary
Fighting: Mienshao
Psychic: Alakazam
Ice: Froslass. Looks cool.
Ghost: Gengar
Dark: Hydreigon
Ground: Marowak
Dragon: Flygon! :love:
Steel: Metagross
Rock: Armaldo
Bug: Accelgor
Poison: Muk
Fairy: Ummm... Mawile?

Fire-infernape(because it's fast)
Electric-raichu (because it's electric moves are awesome and it's iron tail is super effective)
Ice-beartic (it's like ursaring just in ice form)
Grass-bulbasaur (awesome looking)