• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which real-life place would you like a future Pokémon region to be based on?

I would love to see a northern based pokemon game. Something like a very large landmass based on Canada would be great. Large forested areas, glaciers etc.

I could see a new region based off of Mexico. They already have Ludicolo, Maractus, and Hawlucha based off of Mexico. Plus Mexico has vast different landscapes of beaches, mountains, volcanos and etc.

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
The first 4 regions are based of regions of Japan, Unova is based off of New York and Kalos is based off of France.
Hoenn isn't based in a Japanese region,according to what I've read.
Also,what about the Caribbean? A tropical place would be nice (I'm Dominican by the way).

Hoenn is based upon Kyushu, Japan iirc. (Hope I spelt the name right).

Also I just thought that maybe the Galapagos Islands would be a good place

i just came up with this idea after remembering a thought on where the next gta game should be based off. i was thinking of hawaii and ill agree with that for gen. 7 along with other tropical areas. others i thought of are england and mexico/spain

Well, I think that a country with allot of islands would be nice, like Greece, because it has a bunch of them.
I thought of Indonesia too, because it has the largest archipelago ( though Canada ( around 300 000) has the most islands, but I was thinking about a more tropical island) in the world.
Yes, a tropical region would be nice ...

I suggest that they either use US and Hawaii as a Battle Frontier or UK and other small islands like the Sevii Islands in Kanto. Having small islands makes the game better. They should add the Mississippi River with the US.

Islands.
Really, we need more islands in the Pokemon games. Like, some connected with bridges, and some that you need surf to get to?
Also, not every island needs to have a town, but how about every island has different Pokemon to catch?
You can have volcaninc islands with Fire and Ground types, then some tropical ones with grass and bug types, then some big caves on a couple of island that can have even more Pokemon types to find.
You could also add some underwater caves where you can catch some water types that aren't accessible on the surface.
And on the "mainland" you have big cities with lots of shops, Gyms, and on some islands with villages and/or tribes, they use some healing experts instead of Pokemon Centres!
There would also be some big islands with Gyms on them, like some exotic type of islands.
I know there isn't really a real life place like this, or maybe you could take Indonesia for example for it's wide variety of islands, or some other country.
I just had an idea, y'know? ;)

I'll echo what others have said- something northern. Something based on a northern country like Canada, Finland or similar. Something to really make one interact with the environment. Glaciers, mountains and more forests would be cool to see.

I'd enjoy seeing one that takes place based on Germany. It'd be so neat to see German-based architecture simplified into Pokemon means. Why not, we've had France.

Honestly since unova did NYC, I can't complain.
I'd like to see Toronto as Pokemon region.
I thought Kalos was inspired by France. I didn't know Unova was based on NYC to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super biased due to living here, but maybe a region inspired by like, DC or Chicago, maybe some other super populated area, heck, Detroit for the barren area? Though for more interest, maybe a region based on the middle east or russia? It'd be cool to get more fire/ground types or ice types mixed in.

And the major US cities one, well, poison types need more exposure, especially with all the fairies around. Pollution and maybe an environmental slant, or corruption of government. That's always fun.

OH! Here's something else to add on to a UK based Region! It'll mostly consider Fairy types since it too has medieval folklore and it's kinda like magic. Speaking of Magic, how cool would it be if the base of the region's champion ACTUALLY resembles Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardly?! And you know the Houses? Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin? Those will be the Elites. Fighting Type for Gryffindor, Flying Type For Ravenclaw, Electric could go in because of it's colour being the same. Not sure on Slytherin though...

I'd like to see something like Johto again with an overarching theme of the region being exceptionally old with a lot of historical sites and what-not. I think South America or Africa would have plenty of places they could base this idea around; plus, I'd like to see some actual jungle in the game. It'd be interesting to see what direction they would take that.

I forgot if I already posted here, but my opinion has probably changed by now if I did.
Dear Nintendo: Please make a region based on Scotland or Ireland. There's so much history and so many unique and interesting sights there! I wanna see how they make the Highlands, personally. Scandinavia, Russia, Brazil, South Africa, the Philippines and India are all potential candidates as well.

I forgot if I already posted here, but my opinion has probably changed by now if I did.
Dear Nintendo: Please make a region based on Scotland or Ireland. There's so much history and so many unique and interesting sights there! I wanna see how they make the Highlands, personally. Scandinavia, Russia, Brazil, South Africa, the Philippines and India are all potential candidates as well.
Well, I still think if they make a region based on the two, it'll be joined up with England and Wales.
And I agree with you on the history in Scotland. I wish I could experience Hogmanay (Had no idea when I first put this in I did mahogany, but I corrected it.)

I'd say Australia, that would be pretty cool. Either that or South America. If they did decide to base a region off South America, the lore of the game could revolve around Mew and Mewtwo. If I remember correctly, didn't one of the journals in the burned lab in Cinnabar mention that they were discovered there?

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
I know this isn't an actual place, but an orange islands game would be cool. So would South America. Mountains, beaches, forests, and Savannah. Yup.

I would like a region based on the southeastern litoral from Brazil. There's many small islands there, and some mountains too. (Sorry if i wrote anything wrong, i'm brazilian)

282549_trainercard-Jeremiah.png
Considering the urgent matters of pokemon sun and moon I'd say Hawaii due to the fact that it's perfect to be a region
"7.8/10 to much water">_<

I'd love to see a region in the U.K. There's quite a bit of mythical creatures and other folklore tales I'm sure they could interpret into the pokemon world.

Canada would also be a nice region. I really want more colder, snowy areas in pokemon games.

probably south eastern united states 1. i live there 2.there are plenty of different climates to work with you've got the majestic Carolina mountains the swampy everglades and the bustling cities of Miami and Atlanta so yeah its perfect!

How about the region where I live and been to - Pacific Northwest - it could be based in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and up to British Columbia in Canada.

Lots of variation in terrain The major cities (Vancouver VC, Seattle, and Portland) and lots of smaller cities along the way perfect for various gym cities. We also have the Cascades range in the middle of Washington and Oregon with various dormant volcanoes and tall mountains, ocean on the west coast, plains on the eastern side, vast forest, lots of rivers. Hot summers, and unexpected rains, heavy snowfall on the mountains and volcanos.