• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which gender do you choose

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I almost always pick the female character during my first playthrough of a region, then, if I restart the game, I use the male character. I'm not sure why, but I realized that I seem to do that every game I've had. The one notable exception was my Emerald game (and I had already played Sapphire and all that jazz), where I started out as the male character and switched to female the second time.

Well in my pokemon games I always choose boy because I feel weird playing as a girl xP, it might change in the future since before XY I always named the character with my name but in XY I chose a different name than mine :p.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I've only chose a boy once, and that was for Pokemon diamond. I didn't get that far before restarting the game.
Since I heard about the whole changing outfits thing in Pokemon x and y and I decided to go with a girl. (I was seriously going to pick a boy that time)

I tend to alternate - usually on my first run I'll go with the female. Many times I prefer the female's design over the male.

I usually pick male, but I had decided when Y I would chose female because I love the dresses in it. All the cute choices were just calling to me.

Like a lot of others on here said, I usually pick the male character and get all the Pokemon I want to have (And I use my own name). After the first time, I usually pick whichever I feel like at the time. I'm not really that picky about it.

It depends on what the character looks like or if I played that gender for way too long. Like for FR/LG. I always played as Red, but now I just play as Green not because the way she looks, but because I got tired of looking at my Red sprite for quite a long after multiple playthroughs. G/S/C, I'm mixed, I want to play as Gold, but I don't like the orange/red colored sprite so I pick Kris just for the blue colored sprite. R/S/E. I never picked May, I don't like the way her hair looks when she throws the Pokeball so I always go with Brandon. D/P/Pl, I pick Dawn because I don't like the way the male character looks. B/W, I mixed them up because I like both designs, but mostly i'll go with Hilda because her throw is amazing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). B2/W2. Hmm, ehhh... huh...
And for X/Y, I'm fine with both but more over Serena than Calem. But that's just me.

Edit: Forgot about ORAS, I pick May over Brandon now. So the majority is i'll pick over the females than the males.

I always choose the female character because I am a girl and I name the character after myself ^^
I always buy one version of the each generation, and my brother the other, and he uses the male character in his version ^^

I usually go for the boy, being one myself. But sometimes I go for the girl if it has a better character design. For example, I went for the girl in Pokémon Black.

I always choose female, it just helps me relate better. For me, each individual game is as close to the journey as I can get, so she's named after myself, has the team I'd go for under the circumstances. It became more immersive for me, personally, when Amie was introduced- many players I know despise it, which still baffles me as, although I wish there'd been more to it (and that we'd been able to keep our first slot pokemon walking beside us in every game, like in the HG/SS remakes) it's just the cutest pass time ever.

Tbh those difficult puzzles get me every time still, ugh.

As I am male, I typically choose that gender when playing games. However, if playing as a female grants me certain stat boosts, perks, opportunities, events, dialogue options, et cetera, that I can only acquire by playing as a female, and these are things that I feel are worth obtaining/exploring, then I will choose the opposite gender...

...Or, if the male design just sucks in comparison. :p

First playthrough male, with either my name or my current alias always. After that if I replay any I switch it up and Bethel or Sydney goes on a Pokemon journey, most of the time.