• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Pokemon are found around your neighborhood?

It has been a few days since Pokemon Go was released and is now available in a good number of area's, and the Internet has been exploding with Pokemon Go fever. Needless to say I am one of those many people going all around my town, hunting for these critters, looking to expand and power up my Party so I can attempt to take over my neighborhoods Gyms and claim them for my Team. I have to admit, though I think the combat could be expanded upon, I do like the fact that only a small number of Pokemon appear in an area, not just because it encourages exploration, but because lets me think that if someone were to visit my town in the Pokemon Universe, these are the kinds of Pokemon they'd find while running through the tall grass. It gives me a sense of camaraderie when I look at a gym roster and see the kinds of Pokemon often found on my street, tells anyone who visits here that "YEAH! This is our neighborhood, these are OUR Pokemon!"

So that leads me to my question: What kind of Pokemon do you find in your neighborhood? I'd like to hear about how different area's house different Pokemon, and whether or not people build their teams around the Pokemon they find locally, or go out of their way to hatch the eggs they get at Pokestops to get rarer ones.

For me, I live in a suburbia, so I generally see plenty of Bug-Types, Normal Types, Poison Types, Bird Pokemon, and a few Grass and Fairy Types. Pidgey's Spearow, Rattata's, Weedles, and Caterpie (personally, I've ran into more Weedles then Caterpies, not sure if that's intentional or just me) are, of course, very common.

Bellsprout, Nidoran male and female, Venonat, Drowzee and Eevee are somewhat Uncommon, but far from rare. It actually surprised me how relatively easy it is to catch Eevee considering they're fairly hard to obtain in the main games. Currently, just about everyone on my street has at least one Eeveelution, obviously power leveling their favorite one once they get it. It's going to be cool to see everyone with their favorite Eeveelution once the rest of the Generations come out.

Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Gastly (at night atleast), and Oddish are somewhat hard finds in my area, but they pop up every now and again.

As for rare Pokemon, aside from the evolved forms of the Pokemon I mention so far, I've seen a Bulbasaur (that I failed to catch because the servers died, first night of US release) and a Snorlax which I just flat out couldn't find.

Right now, my strongest Pokemon is Raviel II, my Jolteon (my favorite Eeveelution), with my second strongest being Ymir, my Pidgeot (pretty much everyone on my street has a Pidgeot at this point), and third is Cloud Demon, a high leveled Fearow I caught outside my house literally this morning (don't plan to make him part of my main team though). I'm also working on raising a Oddish (Radishcal), Venonat (Mothra), Horsea (Smokewood, place I work at is near a lake), and my Charmander Embertail, if I can somehow get my hands on any more freaking Charmander Candies.... I also have a Beedrill named Ninsyca (which was the first Pokemon I caught that wasn't my starter) and a Butterfree named Surry (who I lucked out and caught as a Butterfree), I also managed to luck out and catch an Abra (Tribal Sights) and a freaking Dratini (Whips) of all Pokemon!

But anyway's, that's just me, what about the rest of you guys? What pops up around your town/ city/ whatever, do you make your teams based on what you catch locally, or do you shoot for more "exotic" Pokemon? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious!

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Motherfucking Doduo are the most common in my area. It's gotten to a point where it's almost a meme for the whole city; mention Doduo in any context and you can see everyone in the area groan.

Rattata and Pidgey are probably our next moet common, then Zubat. We have a sizable Eevee population as well, and for whatever reason, Pinsir and Scyther are usually around. I don't catch as many Caterpie and Weedle as I should but they're also somewhat common.

Less common but still semi-common are the starters, oddish, spearow, ekans, nidoran (both male and female), venonat, poliwag, bellsprout, exeggcute, krabby, goldeen, and paras. Some of the rarer ones are golduck, abra, slowpoke, tangela, gastly, and koffing. Any other Pokemon I've seen I've only seen once or twice.

Most everyone I know has a super powerul Eeveelution, Dodrio, and Pidgeot. Pinsir and Scyther also dominate our gyms, so if you have Onix or Geodude you basically win every gym if you're strong enough (unless you're facing a Vaporeon). My own strongest are my Flareon and Starmie, both around 650+ CP as of my time of writing. Which is pretty weak in all honesty, but I started late :p

Well... Rattatta and Pidgey are fairly common almost anywhere. Spearow and Eevee are fairly common as well (Almost every gym has a Vaporeon, which sucks since my strongest is a Vaporeon named Moistburg, only upped by my Pidgeot.) It's fairly varied. Recently I got silhouettes of Pinsir and Abra, and somehow caught a Charmeleon and Bulbasaur. I believe that as your level goes up, rarer Pokemon appear. And apparently, almost every Pokemon is catchable in this game (Of course, only Gen.1, and I'm not sure the birds, Mew, or Mewtwo are available yet.).

Honestly I lucked out, some areas are just swarming with the former, or Duduo. Eevee being common is great, because they are all fairly powerful.

My team is made out of the CP heavy, so the preivously mentioned Moistburg, Pidgeot (Pilluck), Fearow (Sharp), Scyther, and temporary teammates Weepinbell (Weeping Bell) and Raticate (Mr.Bites).

Also @Starfall Gyarados is like 400 candies, so...get catching!

Zubat, Spearow, Pidgey, Rattata, and 89% Squirtle. Spearow is probably most common in my neighbourhood, but same goes for Pidgey. Haven't found much Zubat yet, and Rattata is pretty common.

Wow, I'm surprised at how common Doduo are for some people, I think I've seen maybe one or two where I lived, and even then it was probably just a random occurrence. But apparently if your high level and near someone of lower level, they sync off your game because my brother and I went hunting tonight and he's level six (I'm 12) and we both found a Pidgeot (hell, he caught 2!) and a freaking Rhyhorn! I never caught Pokemon that rare when I was level six, or maybe the guys just lucky? Either way, I was extremely happy to catch a Rhyhorn, ground-types are rare where I live.

Drowzee are more common than Zubats in my area, it basically goes Pidgey - Rattata - Drowzee, haha.
Very similar to my area. Drowsees by the truckload.

Apart from that, lots of rattata, gastly, spearow and pidgeys of course. Krabby, Horsea and Shellder are also quite common, probably since we live on an island. Oddish, Psyduck, Jynx and the Nidos are fairly common as well.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Update: in LA now and I'm severely annoyed by Ekans everywhere. Sandshrew is probably the next most common, followed by Growlithe, Machop, Rhyhorn, and Geodude (disregarding the ever-popular Pidgey, Rattata, and Zubat). Diglet, Ponyta, and Cubone arent too uncommon either, and Onix/Nidorans appear occasionally. Pretty salty my connection here sucks, though, so I haven't been able to catch as many Pokemon as I'd like to (all my friends have Machamp, Sandslash, and Arcanine by now... best I have is a Machoke). Disneyland has a pretty good Kabuto and Omanyte population for some reason, and bestie and I even found Shelder by Tom Sawyer Island. Jigglypuff seems to appear a little more commonly around Little Tokyo, and I know @Tailon mentioned a local school has Pikachu show up regularly.

I live in the country, so I don't get much at all. But in my TOWN, it's commonly Pidgey, Weedle, Rattata, and Raticate. The strongest Pokemon I have is a Goldeen called C-3PO, and a Pidgeotto called Pigito. and that's it. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Eevee are everywhere in my neighborhood. We've also got a bunch of Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, and Zubat. Less common but still in good quantities are Nidoran, Venonat, Oddish, and Bellsprout. Occasionally there will be sightings of Drowzee and Clefairy. The other night my brother found a high leveled Clefable which was nice. Very rarely there will be Bulbasaur. The Inner Harbor is the place to go if you want Water-types and Dratini. So common Water-types are that Magikarp, Psyduck, and Tentacool can be caught around the lunch table at the Aquarium.

I have weedle

EVERYWHERE

Oh ya, there are plenty of Bug- , Normal- , and (rarely) water-types. Of course, there is more, but that's the most common.
My best catch:
image.jpg

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Santa Monica beach has Electabuzz, Dratini, Kabuto, Omanyte, Shelder, Magnemite, and Pikachu. And Gastly. Along with the normal things I already mentioned in my LA post.

Kinda odd that there's a lot of electric types around the beach when it's next to the water, but eh.

Also it's infested with Goldeen.

Where I live (kanata) I found tons of different Pokemon. I so far have... Brace yourself for it, Hypno,eevee,weedle,pidgey,venonat,zubat, and rattata

Near my house : Ponyta, Ekans, Cubone, Sandshrew, Jolteon, Flareon, Geodude, Onix, charmeleon and eevee

The mall : Rattata, Zubat, Pidgey, doduo, caterpee, weedle, hitmonchan, Arbok and Ponyta

Dragon mart (China town) : charizard, bulbasaur, Abra, Venonat, eevee, ekans, diglet, Pidgey, Rattata, spearow, graveler, Onix, doduo and geodude

The "three steps" bug has been very irritating to me, I've been seeing silhouettes of evolved pokemon but I can't track them down before they despawn or my groceries melt. :p

Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Spearow, Nidoran f, Nidoran m, Eevee, Clefairy.
Those 8 keep repeating the most in our neighborhood. I seriously have 138 Pidgey candy from 5 days of playing. Strangely enough we have no Rattata at all!
I don't mind the repeat Eevees though, I've now collected enough candy for a second evolution, woot~
Lucky egg evolving spree as soon as I get home today!

Oh gosh, I live in a Doduo nest. Just about every hour two of them show up in my apartment. Two others that live in my apartment are Tauros and Pinsir. I see them everyday! And this is the only area in town where Doduos are nearly infinite.

Other very common things in my apartment complex are Bulbasaurs, Goldeens, and Horseas !

Unfortunately, I can't play the game right now because my android is being repaired, but the rarest things I've found in the wild are a Pidgeot and a Vulpix. The Pidgeot fled, but I later found a Pidgeotto that I evolved into a much stronger Pidgeot. If I remember correctly, my second strongest was a Beedrill, and they were CP 317 and 215 respectively. I believe I'm only level 6, so I'll have some catching up to do when I'm able to play it again. Also, one of the things I distinctly remember is that I only had 6 rattata candy because I almost always ignore them.

Given that I live by the sea, its really no surprise that there's an over abundance of water types here. Poliwags, Magikarp and Psyduck's are really common, with most other water types being reasonably regular. The rarest are things like Dratini, Kabuto, and Omanyte. Interestingly, fire and electric types aren't super uncommon either, however they mainly seem to show up near the lighthouse and industrial areas. We've also got the usual Rattata, Pidgey, Zubat, and Spearow popping up super frequently, but Eevee, which I've heard a lot of people say is really common, is actually really hard to find around here. I guess that makes hatching one out of a 10km egg a bit more satisfying.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm currently staying in Leeds (UK) and there's a good variety of Pokemon in the area! Like with most places, you'll run into loads of Weedle, Rattata, Pidgey, and Drowzee around here, but we also see a good portion of Eevee, Caterpie, Spearow, Nidoran, Zubat, Venonat, and Gastly.
I'm already on my way to having all three Eeveelutions without much hunting!

When you're down by the rivers, you'll sometimes encounter the likes of Poliwag, Krabby, Staryu, Goldeen, Psyduck, Horsea, and Magikarp. The occasional Slowpoke, Shellder, and Seel also pop up but I've personally seen fewer of 'em than the rest. Apparently there's also a good number of Squirtle within the city if you know where to look. I've only seen one wild Squirtle thus far and the bastard fled. >=o

When walking around the city, I've also noticed a good number of Electabuzz, Pinsir, and Jynx but I've personally not had much luck with any of them (I've only caught one Electabuzz and Jynx a piece and no Pinsir). Clefairy, Jigglypuff, and Meowth are also available, just not overly common, as are Paras, Oddish, and Bellsprout. I've caught a Hitmonlee, Koffing, Grimer, Ponyta, Exeggcute, and Cubone, but only one of each. I've seen the likes of Snorlax and Dratini on my nearby thingie but haven't actually encountered either.

Likely the most interesting catch I've heard tell of by locals is Dragonite. The thing was nowhere near anywhere that I could reach but that fact that one appeared at all is very nifty. Blastoise has also been spotted a few times but, again, nowhere near me. Would be awesome to catch either of them. XD

I'll give another update at some point once I've gotten back to my home city. I'm very curious to see how much is the same and how much is different. :)

Will probably update this later once I've explored more populated areas and college campuses and the like, but for now, I'll share what I've seen.

Of course, there have been loads and loads of Rattattas, Pidgeys, and Weedles. Caterpies also appear fairly often, though not as much as Weedle.

Less common Pokemon that I have found a fair amount of are Venonat, Eevee, Drowzee, and Spearow. Zubats and Gastlys show up from time to time, but I've only caught one of the former and none of the latter. Bellsprouts, Oddishes, and both Nidorans also pop up from time to time.

Evolved forms of Pokemon also pop up occasionally- I've caught Pidgeotto and Hypno, and I failed to catch a Weepinbell. Kakunas and Metapods also show up from time to time.

As for some Water types, I haven't been near rivers or ponds much, but I caught a Magikarp in the proximity of a lake, and I randomly found a Horsea near a grocery store. Magikarp and Goldeen have been found fairly often by my family members, though.

Other than that, different Pokemon I have not encountered have appeared. I've seen a Bulbasaur I failed to track down, as well as several Tauros, a Clefairy, and a Slowpoke. My family members have also caught Pokemon I haven't even seen, like Pinsir and Diglett.

Overall, not anything too astounding for a sparsely populated rural area, and a plaza with different shops I went to once. I'll have to do some more exploring, but I'm optimistic I'll better options once I do! (And once I level up more; I'm level 6 right now.)

I don't go to my backyard much, but I found a Pidgey, Eevee, and a Doduo. (Despite me having a Dotrio already.)
Over my neighborhood I found Eevee, Pikachu, Onix, Pidgey, Nidoran. There also was a Jolteon, but it disappeared right before my eyes.
In the city: Pikachu, Oddish, Gloom, Psyduck, Pikachu, Pidgey, Spearow, and Nidoran (female version)\
Over @ the lake: Psyduck, Kabuto, Oddish(4), Gloom.

Last edited:
NC- Rattatas, Pidgeys, Weedles, Eevees, Venonat, Zubat, Spearow and Caterpie are all common, while grass and water types aren't too rare. I've also seen plenty of Meowth, Jigglypuff, Tauros, Tangela, Clefairy, Squirtle, Nidorans (F & M), Growlithe, Pinsir, Koffing, Ekans, Gastly, Kabuto and Omanytes. Seen some Snorlax, Pikachu, Dratini, Sandshrew and a Raichu before.
My dad caught a Ninetales at work.

My best include a 1700 snorlax, 1500 flareon, 1495 Vaporeon, 1075 Snorlax, 3 1250 Magmars from eggs, 1150 Flareon, some Pidgeots and pinsirs and one of each eeveeloution at 1003 CP.

Last edited:
Never really liked the game, but I think my street is a nest of dratinis and mr. mimes. I live in nl. jump by for free dratinis and mr.mimes (JK DONT PLEASE NO) I jked about coming to me but yeah i find a lot of mr mimes, and dratinis also like this place. Found a ditto zubat here and a vulpix as well once.