• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What new Remakes of games or new gen 7 could be? (POKEMON)

What new Pokemon game

• Pokemon Shiny Diamond (possible remake of Pokemon diamond)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So if there where new games and anime for new gen 7 or original game remakes what would it be?

Mine would be Pokemon Galactic Diamond.Glittering Platinum,Mysterious Pearl,Pokemon Dark Black,Pokemon Clear White and the sequels Pokemon Clear White 2
and Pokemon Dark Black 2, the Kanto and johto remakes for 3ds is Pokemon Flaming Red, Pokemon GardenGreen, the new Pokemon blue is Pokemon Seablue, Exclusive Pokemon yellow for 3ds is Pokemon Electric Yellow, the johto remakes (3ds) are Pokemon Shiny Gold,Pokemon Deep Silver, and Pokemon Defensive Crystal. The only reason I didn't do Hoenn and Kalos is already x and y for kalos and I didn't do Hoenn because now there is Pokemon omega ruby alpha sapphire so yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the Gen 4 games still run on current gen hardware, I don't think that remakes make sense yet.
They should wait for a new console, whatever the next (legitimate) step for Nintendo's handhelds will be.

Also, I feel like the series could generally start to evolve a bit more instead of basically re-releasing the same game in a new dress. We are still waiting for that Pokémon MMORPG, folks! Though if it's about the same *cough* "quality" as most other (japanese) MMOs, I'd rather not see that happening.

But yeah, speaking of new hardware, I feel like the smartest move for Nintendo would be to finally transition to tablets for next gen, since it's the obvious course gaming will take in the future. And maybe then we'll even finally get some HD graphics ;)

Either way, I am looking forward to what they are going to do with the next generation! Hossa!

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
I think Gen 6 still needs some developments... I mean I felt like there were still holes on the X&Y titles after clearing my first play through... Sure ORAS adds some spice to it... but it just doesn't feel complete to me yet... :\

also... yeah... I think @Buttercheese is right... re-makes should wait till the next hand-held system, if there'll be another in the future.. (Playing on a system designed entirely for gaming is a different experience than playing on mobile phones tho..) anyway re-makes should wait cause other-wise Game Freak and Nintendo would be "obviously" milking them... and it wouldn't make much sense..

Last edited:

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
yeah... that would be a great Idea!! like how Gen 2 has both Kanto and Johto... and the regions have some build-up to the story or Lore of the universe...

but then again... it would be hard to like make a new pokemon game if a certain generation had all that...

Since the Gen 4 games still run on current gen hardware, I don't think that remakes make sense yet.
They should wait for a new console, whatever the next (legitimate) step for Nintendo's handhelds will be.

I heard a similar line of reasoning against the creation of ORAS. I think it said 'Gen 1 and 2 were remade because the GameBoy became obsolete. However, since Gen 3 and the GBA is somewhat similar to Gen 4's graphics, there is no reason to remake it (Don't quote me on that, because I don't remember it that well). Anyways, 2014 rolled around and we saw Gen 3 remakes, and the timeline matches up for Gen 7 to have a D/P remake, so I think it's rational to believe that Nintendo will pull a Shiny Diamond and Lustrous Pearl in the near future.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Actually, here are the reasons for the remakes. FRLG came about because Gen III was incompatible with the previous games due to the revamp of the data structure and because the GBA couldn't communicate with the Game Boy Color. HGSS were made because the internal batteries of GSC were dying making the cartridges unusable. HGSS gave fans a way to play the Johto experience. ORAS was made because the GBA is long since obsolete and RSE FRLG cannot be played on current hardware. So long as DS games are compatible with 3DS, 2DS, and New 3DS, we won't be seeing remakes because there is nothing stopping anyone from popping their copy of DPP, HGSS, BW, B2W2 into their current system. If anything, we're more likely to see a second set of Kanto remakes in the near future since, like I mentioned, FRLG can no longer be played on current systems.

A bit redundant to what was already said, but hey. :p

I heard a similar line of reasoning against the creation of ORAS. I think it said 'Gen 1 and 2 were remade because the GameBoy became obsolete. However, since Gen 3 and the GBA is somewhat similar to Gen 4's graphics, there is no reason to remake it (Don't quote me on that, because I don't remember it that well). Anyways, 2014 rolled around and we saw Gen 3 remakes, and the timeline matches up for Gen 7 to have a D/P remake, so I think it's rational to believe that Nintendo will pull a Shiny Diamond and Lustrous Pearl in the near future.
The DS is obsolete now. You can't play GBA games on DSi or anything after. That's why ORAS was made now, and that's why it's unlikely we're going to see a Sinnoh remake (much less Unova) anytime soon. You can still play any DS game on the 3DS.

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
I guess its best to wait for what nintendo pulls from this point since making remakes are somewhat unpredictable?.. I remember gen5 releasing another 2 copies from its originals rather than remaking RS around that point... :) it seems safe to say that they have specific reasons and guidelines in releasing these games other than patterns or anything really... :D

The DS is obsolete now. You can't play GBA games on DSi or anything after. That's why ORAS was made now, and that's why it's unlikely we're going to see a Sinnoh remake (much less Unova) anytime soon. You can still play any DS game on the 3DS.

That's my point- Nintendo, whether the system is obsolete or not, will probably remake the games. That's where I'm putting my money.

Ghostly-Hedgehog

Formerly Colleen
I think that when gen 7 is released it will be based off of somewhere like Indonesia or somewhere like that. Because if you look at the previous legendary pokemon a few of them correspond to the next region. For example gen 4 has Shaymin which can clean wastelands or ruined areas without foliage. This helps gen 5 being based off of NewYork which has lots of trash and is very dirty. Another example is when in gen 5 the legendary trio which includes virizion,terrakion, and coblion which are based off of the three musketeers which are from France. This proves that gen 6 is based off of France.
So if this same thing continues with hoopa we should see an Indonesian based region next.

I think that when gen 7 is released it will be based off of somewhere like Indonesia or somewhere like that. Because if you look at the previous legendary pokemon a few of them correspond to the next region. For example gen 4 has Shaymin which can clean wastelands or ruined areas without foliage. This helps gen 5 being based off of NewYork which has lots of trash and is very dirty. Another example is when in gen 5 the legendary trio which includes virizion,terrakion, and coblion which are based off of the three musketeers which are from France. This proves that gen 6 is based off of France.
So if this same thing continues with hoopa we should see an Indonesian based region next.
Actually hoopa is the Dijin pokemon, I am not biased towards my own contery but I think gen 7 will be based of of the middle east (the arabian parts) because Dijin originated in the middle east (again, the arabian parts)