• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you playing?

Right now I'm playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. I haven't gotten too far in both games. Luigi's Mansion I just finished the first mansion. For Super Mystery Dungeon, I just became a junior expedition member and my team is "APA" after one of my favorite wrestling tag teams.

Lately I've been playing LittleBigPlanet 3. This game really made me love the LBP series again! I'm yet to finish story mode though, I'm just taking it slow and enjoying all the other features.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to a PSN sale, I recently purchased Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3 and have been happily poking away at it ever since. So far I've only stuck to Easy mode (Normal+ difficulty scares me ;_;) but I've apparently played through 57% of the songs. Can't wait to play more of it next spare chance that I get! :)

I've been playing way too many games. Online I have Undertale {my first genocide run :x:} and Portal {trying to find all the easter eggs and get all the achievements. I already beat the game twice.}. On my DS I have Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, Pokémon Omega Ruby {my second playthrough with some old Pokés}, and Pokémon White 2. On my phone, there's Minecraft: Story Mode. I kinda have a full plate. @.@

AM CURRENTLY PLAYING:...geometry dash for IOS...also Pokemon white with my brother (we rotate between turns playing...we are at the last battle with ghetsis....still trying after three attempts...),along with Pokemon blue and the mother 3 fan translation (damn the feels in that game...)

RECENTLY FINISHED:pokemon red,yellow and sapphire....ish....I still can't seem to beat the champion in sapphire but still counting it...

ONGOING: Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of darkness...Need to finish the tear shedding...some time...,Pokemon diamond...once I find my old DS....it's in it....and some day I need to find my-I mean my sisters game Ener-g dance squad and finish it....

MIGHT PLAY: (thought I might add a bonus section) Professor Layton and the azran legacy,Pheonix wright: duel destinies,smash 3ds or fire emblem fates birthrights

My SO and I are still working through the Ace Attorney series. Currently we're in Investigations Case 5. People give this case grief (and a lot of it is well-earned) but lordy if it doesn't have two of my favorite characters in the series - Palaeno and Alba. Both of them are incredibly well-designed and have great animations - especially Palaeno and that thing he does with his hands. I also specifically love how much of a fake-out Palaeno is - he's built up as incredibly suspicious over the whole case and then it turns out that he actually just was a sweet guy who liked giving out coupons.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
As I've mentioned a few times on my profile, I've recently played and finished UNDERTALE, which is honestly a superb game. I've now finished all three routes, including the one where I had a very bad time. It's an odd game – for the first part, none of its true brilliance is even hinted at, but get through the opening and you find one of the warmest, most charming games around, and the music quickly progresses into pure joy. I recommend it.

I also got Ratchet and Clank (2016) yesterday, which is the game based on the movie based on the original Ratchet and Clank game. (In other words, it's a reboot.) Thus far, it's good fun – once you get out of the slightly disjointed first section, it's a well-polished and very, very pretty take on the series' established canon.

Last edited:
So as the mindless grinding ensues in Fates, I'm doing more mindless grinding, playing Blaze Black 2; Challenge mode (SHAMELESS ADVERTISING FOR MAH STORY) and after playing games where boring long tutorials are scarce...this is not a good welcome back to explaining everything. Now I REALLY don't want to replay Shin Megami Tensei 4 again until I get use to stupid tutorials once more.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Currently playing Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. I find it more addicting than any other game I've played in recent memory due to the fact that it is live meaning there are limited time events to strive for. Only gotta rack up another 7000 medals by next Sunday to get the Mickey Avatar! :'D

I just picked up a copy of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer at the Game Stop in the airport and have been playing it on the car ride (why does america drive on the wrong side of the road ACK) to the hotel we are staying at. It is so fun, I like being able to choose what villagers to add in my town and stuff. The animal crossing series is so fun.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I am currently playing DOOM (2016). I've talked about this game in reasonable length in chat, but it's a reboot-y reimagine-y successor to the original Doom, from back when I was but a babe in arms. It actually manages to both be fairly faithful to the original and still introduce some cool new ideas that work in modern times, so I'm very impressed with it. That said, as a bit of a purist, it has to be said that the shooty is more akin to Quake 2 than Doom, but that is by no means a bad thing.

If you like arcade-style single player games, this is an absolute treat – up there with Wolfenstein: The New Order for one of the best FPS games in recent years.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I seriously keep getting distracted from the games I play by, well, OTHER games. I got distracted from ME2 by Skyrim, from Skyrim by Knights of the Old Republic, from Knights of the Old Republic by Metroid Prime and from that by a fangame named Pokemon Insurgence, which is one of the silliest damn things I've ever played in terms of fangames, if I am perfectly honest with myself. Currently stuck at a point where I really need to do an assload of level grinding and so I really cant' be arsed to deal with it. Might get back to Prime for a while. Who knows.

(On the back burner is Pokemon Glazed, a romhack that I emulated the first half of on my phone during the car rides in my trip to Bulgaria, but I haven't realy had the energy to get to the second half of it).

i'm playing pokemon showdown Wai- What? No, that doesn't count! I don't eve-

In all seriousness, i've been playing pokken tournament a lot, and trying to get better at it, playing chandelure, machamp and weavile. I'm still kinda bad but eh. And a lot of showdown did I mention?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So, I finished the rather magnificent Doom, and have since been at a bit of a loss for stuff to play – so I went back to some of the games on my list of shame. I've just completed Super Mario 3D World (although not the bonus stages, because I tried them and got rekt), and I'm now playing through the story on Hyrule Legends for Wii U.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Despite beating the main story of Yokai Watch several weeks ago, I've only just reached the point where I'm satisfied with my progress. I've now completed all of the quests, conquered the Infinite Inferno, defeated all of the optional and epilogue bosses (minus two of the three oni trio because I don't have the patience to keep playing just for them), explored every inch of the game that I could think of, and obtained the special 20-day-donation Yokai.

My Yokai Medallium is now at 61% and that's more than enough for me. I have no interest in collecting all of the buggers when so doing can be bloody infuriating. XD

So, yeah. Fun game. Playtime recently capped 80hrs. Have thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to play Yokai Watch 2. :)

I've recently discovered "DEFCON - Everybody dies", a strategy game based on a nuclear war between several continents: North America, Central and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia (except Russia, Turkey, Mongolia and Kazakhstan) and Russia.
Each continent has a population of 100.000.000 people. The goal is, of course, to nuke cities.
Yes, this game is "sad": it makes you think about the effects of a nuclear war.
It costs 15$, but you can download the demo.
If you're interested I recommend you to check some YouTube videos.

By the way I'm looking forward to buy Super Smash Bros 4 because it seems an enjoyable game and also because a friend of mine has recently bought it so I want to challenge him.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Currently playing Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam! I'm not too far into the game yet, only a bit over 2 hours of gameplay, but I'm already really loving how they've worked this crossover. It's definitely a Mario & Luigi game first but the Paper Mario aspects are great fun. The humor has been spot on as usual, too. It's been far too long since I played one of these games - not since beating Partners in Time. Me thinks I'm going to have a great time with it. :)

Despite owning copies of Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team, I've not yet played either of them! D':

Currently playing
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (for competitive battling sake)
Pokemon conquest (got it for a really good deal at eb games, but Nobunga is too op, might put it on hold)
Sonic Generations (Xbox 360):level design is good, probably best Sonic game I've seen since Adventure 2
Mega man 6 (virtual console):What? I needed something retro to play
Completed
Terraria (mobile): Golem, I beat you, deal with it, stop killing me when I try to beat you for my friend
On hold
Pokemon platinum: was planning on finishing new save, but was juggling too many games
Sonic Rush: had to button-mash to try to beat a boss, not fun
Mega man: cuz Guts man has hard parkour

I just play Pokemon. Nothing else. I've tried a demo of Resident Evil, but that's pretty much it. A few years ago, I was playing Kirby, and as a kid, I'd play Crash Bandicoot, Chrono Cross, PacMan, Dark Stone... and GTA series. I liked another game that was Japanese oriented... or maybe Korean. I forgot which. ^_^ No offense. I've been playing some of the old games. Pokemon was my main interest. I don't like Pokemon anymore. I don't like Lyra in the games either. I liked Kris better. She was awesome. I loved playing as someone with blue hair. It was fascinating.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm currently playing Diablo 3 mostly, purely because only one achievement stands between me and 100% completion. I need to complete 500 bounties... and I'm currently 74% done. I'm going with the strategy of 'do a few each day and you'll get there eventually' :V

I'm really excited for several up-coming games however! Bioshock: The Collection is out next month and I adore the Bioshock games ♥ So I'll be playing that... plus Destiny: Rise of Iron is also out next month. And of course, Sun and Moon then follow in November so I have lots to look forward to!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And after a brief stint with Pokemon Uranium... Skyrim ate me again. Just hit level 46 with my current main, Tala-Salix, and at the moment I am heavily focused on getting those last few points in Enchanting and Smithing so I can produce some glorious enchanted dragonscale armour.

Borrowed my brother's copy of Phantasy Star Online for GC and been playing the crap out of it. Been making new Mags so I can actually beat it. Also been playing Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. on the Wii U. My kids like watching those.

Also playing Pokemon Red and Silver if I can't sit in front of the TV.

EDIT: Also also, walked into a kinda ramshackle game store while out of town w/the wife and picked up LotR: Two Towers and Kingdom Hearts for my PS2. She picked up two Guitar Hero games and a guitar for the 360.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Lately, I've gone back to Just Cause 3, where I've now finished most of what the game has to offer, minus some of the challenges. I'm now nearly 60 hours into the game, and I think I've only just exhausted its sandbox – and every time I say that, I end up jumping back in...

I've also played and completed Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is definitely a worthy successor to 2013's Tomb Raider. The new crafting options are fun and make a lot of sense within the lore, and the story is entertaining enough to keep the action moving along. The optional tombs are great, too, much better than the original.

I've recently acquired three new games to play: The first is Rock Band 4, courtesy of an Argos firesale, and to be honest, I'm glad I got it for £25. The setlist, while comprised of 65 songs or so, feels very thin compared to previous entries in the series. The reason? Because Harmonix seem to expect its players to have bought earlier Rock Band instalments and have bought lots of DLC. Even then, importing the songs from previous games is a frankly convoluted process, even for the simplest scenario (though that is almost entirely Sony's fault).

The second is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which, like all Deus Ex games, is an FPS with RPG-like elements and a fondness for letting you deal with any situation in a number of ways. While the plot is still dumb as bricks and the symbolism piled on on with a JCB, the systems and atmosphere of the game makes it a really enjoyable play.

Lastly, I am downloading Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice as we speak. Phoenix Wright is one of only a few series which I fangirl over, and the latest entry is no exception. I deeply look forward to playing it...

I recently started Guild Wars 2 and my ranger is already at level 40. I like it. It's fun and it's free. I'll probably get the Heart of Thorns expansion when I hit level 80.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
After reading through my previous post, suddenly realizing that I never finished Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam! This is all Pokemon GO's fault, which completely derailed my gaming when it first launched. Well, that and the fact I'm aware of how the final area of Paper Jam plays out and I'm not hugely looking forward to it (which is where I'm currently saved at). I suppose that I'll just need to make a point to get back to it and finish it off before Yokai Watch 2 releases. XP

Anyways, of the games I've been actively playing recently, I'm presently exploring the Hoenn region with my recently acquired National PokeDex - in other words, wasting time before finally taking on victory road in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I'll likely complete New Mauville and then finally head for Ever Grande City... unless something else distracts me along the way. :angel:

The second game I've been playing is Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4 version). It's honestly an adorable game with loads of great new music, and I've been really enjoying its new quest mode. I'm just a bit sad that only really Miku received proper attention re: the song choices, and I'm not a huge fan of the fact that obtaining new modules is largely randomized. I'd have much preferred a mixture of randomized modules and the ability to purchase them like previous Diva titles. Ah well though. Still loving the game. ^^

Finally, completely @Demelza's fault, I've been poking a bit at Wii Fit U, which I downloaded ages ago from the eShop for free and only booted up for the first time a few times ago. It seems like a nice upgrade from Wii Fit Plus, and the new squash game is fun, so I don't regret giving it a shot. And hey, free is free.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm currently playing a game called Earthlock: Festival of Magic. It was free with Games with Gold on Xbox and it looked a little bit like a game I previously really enjoyed called Child of Light. I'm really enjoying it so far and I really can't complain especially since it cost me nothing! It's got the standard turn-based team battling system with a few puzzles scattered along the way.