• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Aventure de Gymnases (An open Kalos RP)

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Alright guys, I'm finally here! My first ever RP of everness!!
Anyway, I think it would be nice if for once we had just a normal, everyday adventure RP. Anyone who wants this too can tell me! (At least until we become full.) Yey!
So, Froakie, Chespin or Fennekin, choose!
(I'm nabbin Froakie.) Go!

(And PLEASE someone suggest a better name, I know zip French myself.)

EDIT: Just realized I should also be getting character bios. Mine is here- pokecharms.com/threads/mainstream-prp-character-bios.36/page-15 Now, for reals this time, GO!

Last edited:
Can I join?

Name: Christopher Miles
Hometown: Santalune City, Kalos
Birth Location: Lilycove City, Hoenn
Height: 4''11
Weight: 79 lbs.
Hair: Short, blond hair
Eyes: Brown
Clothing: A green nylon jacket without a hood, blue jeans, and blue, worn sneakers. He often carries his dark emerald green messenger bag along with him. He also wears a silver watch on his right hand.
Identifying Marks: Not really a mark, but when he runs, a small limp is noticeable.
Muscualture: Likes to boast his strength, but when in reality, he is quite average for his age.
Personality: Chris is very observant and aware of his surroundings. He doesn't like to take many risks unless such a thing is approved by those who either have more experience or authority than himself. He often acts as though he is older than what he really is. Chris also dislikes mean-spirited people and sees little reason for hatred in the world. Also, he has an attraction to the many nurses at the Pokemon centers, making awkward instances.
Skills: Chris doesn't like to admit it, but he has extreme talent when it comes to contests.
Past: Chris was born to Irene and Jon Miles. They lived in Lilycove for several years until moving to Santalune when Chris was six. Jon and Irene were pretty scared of Pokemon until Chris finally persuaded them to let him travel to Lumiose to get a starter from the famous Professor Sycamore.
Family: Irene and Jon Miles, his little brother Henry, and his infant sister named Beatrice.
Love Relationships(?): The Pokemon Center nurses.

Pokemon:

Chespin (Female)
Ability: Overgrow

History: Grown from an egg, always had a secret hatred for Froakie.
Personality: Competitive, overly brave, introverted
Special Features: His front tooth is chipped.

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I might be interested, but just qondering if you have an idea what direction this RP might go? I'm guessing it's just a travelling RP to fight gyms and get badges but please correct me if I'm wrong ^^;

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Kyubeon's question does point out something that needs said, though - you really do need more of an idea than "hay gaiz lets fite gem and get bage". here's what Ze Rules say on the matter:

To borrow a phrase from the world of tabletop role playing games, when you start an RP thread you take on the position of "Dungeon Master" - that is to say, it falls to you to describe the environment, the setting and your character's place in it in sufficient detail - and to create an opening for another player to come in. It is virtually impossible for people to join a new topic if they have absolutely nothing to go on - so, if you are not ready for that kind of a commitment due to lack of time/energy/effort or other reasons, do not start new RP threads.

You have a very basic elevator pitch - but tell us more! We'll be expecting you to write several paragraphs per post anyway when this starts, so why not write one or two now? How will this RP be any different from any other "travelling" RP, and why would I want to join it over the next man's travelling RP - like the existing Kalos one?

Food for thought. :)

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
@Teapot Well, I was thinking a twist would be that maybe in the backstory, you see the 6 villain teams talking or something, and then near the end (like, 6 badges or something?) you realize they teamed up and kidnapped Diantha or Sycamore or somebody.
And here is a rough draft of my starting paragraphs.

"Bubbles, Bubble attack on that tree!" Martin Greenwood commanded, once again feeling ironic about the name he'd given his Froakie. A new Trainer, Martin had started in Lumiose City, his hometown. Or home city, he thought to himself, snickering. That was what he'd called Lumiose since he'd moved from Kiloude City at the age of seven. When he turned eleven, he decided it was time for a journey. He'd walked to Professor Sycamore's lab, knowing he was the best Pokemon researcher in all of Kalos. There, he was given a choice. "Choose Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie!" the Professor had told him. He chose Froakie, realizing it was a very rare, strange-colored Pokemon, being black with grey spots instead of the usual blue. Then he named it Bubbles, not knowing that Bubble was a move it could use. Then, the professor gave him five Pokeballs and a Pokedex, to bring on his journey. With thanks to the professor, he left for Santalune City.

Now, on this beautiful day, he was training Bubbles by having him fight trees and wild Pokemon just outside of Santalune. "Bubbles, Bubble attack!" he commanded, constantly reprimanding himself for thinking of "Bubbles". As it was, he'd grown a love-to-hate relationship with the name. He was about to tell Bubbles to use Water Pulse, when he was interrupted by a female voice, "New Trainer, are you?" Martin whirled around, and found himself face-to-face with a young brunette, a little shorter than he was, with two Pokeballs on her belt. She held a smug look on her face. "Yes, I am," Martin replied. Being shy, he wasn't used to having someone in his space. "If it's a battle you're looking for, you're on. One-on-one?" he suggested.

Bing, bing, bing bing bing went the Pokemon Center's healing machine. Bubbles had been beaten pretty badly by the girl's Pansage. He knew he had to catch more Pokemon, but there was more to it than that. He could feel it. I will become a better Trainer, Martin told himself. I've just got to.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
I will use Google Translate to think of a name, thanks for pointing it out!

EDIT: I has the name! "Aventure de Gymnases", Adventure of Gyms.

Last edited:
Can I join please? Did everyone already chose all the three starters? Hey Spax, I'm going use your idea and post my Trainer's information here. :)

Name: Blaise-Clair (Blaze, Claire)
Hometown: Aquacorde Town, Kalos
Birth Location: Aquacorde Town, Kalos
Height: 5''03
Weight: 91 lbs.
Hair: Short, black hair
Eyes: Jet Black
Clothing: A red polo with a black pokeball in the corner. Also black skinny jeans and new sneakers. Blaise-Clair also wears a black drawstring bag stuffed with pokeballs and berries. He has a white bracelet around his right wrist. He also wears a white and black hat.
Identifying Marks: Has a mole under is right eye.
Muscualture: Blaise-Clair loathes his girly name. He likes to go by "Blaise".

Personality: He is amazed by anything he sees, coming from the small town of Aquacrode. Blaise-Clair has a huge fear of Dragon pokemon, after a rogue one attacked Aquacorde and killed his sister during its rampage.

Skills: Blaise-Clair enjoys at making outfits and excels at Contests.

Past: Blaise-Clair has lived in Aquacorde his whole life, only leaving the town to visit his older sister in Hearthome, Sinnoh for a week with his family. This short visit in the lively fashion city inspired him to become a Coordinator in Pokemon Contests. When his older sister, Christelle, came back home to visit her family an umfamiliar Dragon-like pokemon flew into the town blasting beams in every direction. One of the rogue gleams shot right into Christelle killing her instantly. After this Blasie-Clair trained hard with his mother's Butterfree and readied himself to become a trainer; and to one day find that dragon pokemon and avenge his inncoent sister.

Family: Bertille (mother) and Christain (father), and his older deceased sister Christelle.
Love Relationships(?): none so far

Pokemon:
???? Fennekin?

Last edited:

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Alright Totodile, you're in. Yes, Fennekin is the only one left. As every starter has been chosen, I shall start the RP soon. Would next week be good for you guys?

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Hai, just figured I should say that once one person catches a certain Pokemon, I would like it if someone else didn't catch the same Pokemon, unless you PM me and give me a valid reason. OK? Bye bye!

EDIT: As it has been over a week, I am now waiting for your guys' OK. Please post when you're ready!

Last edited:
UPDATE)
Pokemon

Fennekin "Flamme" (Male)
Ability: Magician

History: Hatched from in egg in Sycamore's lab, he has always wondered what it was like outside of the walls of the faculty. This Fennekin was the runt of the liter so when Trainers came to get their first Pokemon they would stray away from picking him. But when Blaise-Clair picks him Flamme experiences acceptance and love for the time in his life.

Personality: A nervous and frail Pokemon, Flamme isn't very outgoing and usually clings tight to Blaise. But sometimes he can be very protective over his Trainer.

Special Features: for being a runt Flamme is very skinny and smaller than your average Fennekin.