• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Welcome to the new Pokecharms.com!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
pokecharms2010.png
Hey there, welcome back!

We've been busy beavers all weekend trying to get everything ready in time for tonight - and we just about made it. A few things still need a bit of work to bring them up to the highest standards we expect - but so far I'm very proud of what's been achieved for this relaunch and I hope you'll all enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed putting it together.

The list of updates is pretty huge, so this is going to be split into a few posts detailing what's been updated - but I'll cover the basics right now.

As you can obviously see, we've got a brand new design that I feel is our strongest ever. We look forward to going with this one for quite some time.

The forums have received a big upgrade, now running on the latest version of SMF and allowing us to do some new things with the look and feel that I hope will make using them even more enjoyable than ever before.

The Pokedex is finally back and (almost) ready for Heart Gold and Soul Silver's release in a couple of weeks. There are a few data gaps that still need fixed up, and the more advanced features including a deeper search function and a comparisons function have been held off on until I have a bit more time to make them just right - but, otherwise, our Pokedex has all you need to educate you in your Pokemon's training - and there's lots more to come for it to make it even better.

The Trainer Card Maker has gone a little visual overhaul and had a major Trainer sprite update - bringing our Custom Trainer Sprite count now to 428! There's even more on the way including new templates and new styles - but, in the meantime, an increase in the amount of Pokemon sprites to now include the Platinum and HG/SS versions - as well as their shiny forms is sure to tide many of you over.

Finally, we have the return of an old section and the launch of a new one. The Staff Showcase section returns triumphantly with a brand new interface and back-end system allowing Staff members to keep complete, easy, control over their own sections, and thus allowing them to keep you as up-to-date as possible with their work. Community is a massive part of Pokecharms - as is the creativity of our Staff - and this is an excellent way to combine the two for a very unique feature you wont find anywhere else!

Meanwhile, we have a brand new Generation V section running on the same system that you can use to keep up to date with all the latest news, information and discussions about the upcoming games.

Again, there are more detailed explanations of the updates across the board to follow in the main topic, so head there for more info.

In the meantime, I'd like to thank the staff (and some chat regulars) for making this relaunch happen - I'd never have been able to get all of this ready on my own. I hope you enjoy the fruits of our labour and that this new Pokecharms.com satisfies you even more than the last one! :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Forums Upgrade

The forums have been upgraded to the latest SMF version, SMF 2.0 RC2, and have a few little changes here and there regarding the style and feel as a result.

Meanwhile, we have a few new features on the forums documented as follows:

• Youtube and XBox Live BBCode tags
    • -These new BBCode tags allow you to embed Youtube videos in your post and your XBL GamerTag profile respectively.
  • Spoiler tags
    • -We now have spoiler tags that you can use to hide spoilers within.
  • Ultimate Profile
    • -By clicking on 'Ultimate Profile' in your profile's menu, you'll be able to add a number of new profile fields - as well as upload pictures to your profile page to share with others. People can also leave comment on your profile page. To control your personal settings for this, check the options in your Profile's page
  • Topic Sharing
    • -You can now share topics you like with whatever social networking option you use by clicking the relevant icon at the top of any topic page.

There has also been a bit of a forum reshuffle and the Forum Announcements forum has been archived and removed.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Pokedex

The Pokedex has finally launched, with a few caveats:

• The locations data is currently incomplete. As is the Dex Entry data. These will be completed as soon as possible
  • There are a few features not yet implemented, including:
    • A comparison feature
    • A more advanced search function
    • Egg Group information and Egg Move explanations
    • Move Tutor locations

There will be more updates to the Pokedex over the coming weeks and months, and we will endeavour to have all the HG/SS information 100% complete prior to its release.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Trainer Card Maker

The TCM has received a bit of new visual polish, as well as an extensive Trainer sprite update bringing the total up to 428:

322.png
323.png
324.png
325.png
326.png

328.png
329.png
330.png
331.png
332.png

333.png
334.png
335.png
336.png
337.png

338.png
339.png
340.png
341.png
342.png

343.png
344.png
345.png
346.png
347.png

348.png
349.png
350.png
351.png
352.png

353.png
354.png
355.png
356.png
357.png

358.png
359.png
360.png
361.png
362.png

363.png
364.png
365.png
366.png
367.png

368.png
369.png
370.png
371.png
372.png

373.png
374.png
375.png
376.png
377.png

378.png
379.png
380.png
381.png
382.png

383.png
384.png
385.png
386.png
387.png

388.png
389.png
390.png
391.png
392.png

393.png
394.png
395.png
396.png
397.png

398.png
399.png
400.png
401.png
402.png

403.png
404.png
405.png
406.png
407.png

408.png
409.png
410.png
411.png
412.png

413.png
414.png
415.png
416.png
417.png

418.png
419.png
420.png
421.png
422.png

423.png
424.png
425.png
426.png
427.png

428.png
327.png

An update to the templates available will follow very shortly.

The Pokemon Sprites have also been updated to include Platinum, HG/SS and their shiny sprites. There are also sprites for Zorua And Zoroark available.

More frequent updates to the TCM will be coming throughout the year, so please submit your Trainers and Templates in the Submission forum. :)

Last edited by a moderator: