• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Volcanion Revealed!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Pokémon.com have today revealed the third and final sixth generation Pokémon: the [type]Fire[/type]/[type]Water[/type] type Volcanion - known as the "Steam Pokémon." It has been revealed that you will be able to obtain Volcanion in X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

VolcanionRGB_300dpi.jpg

This Pokémon uses fire and water to create steam within its body, expelling explosive shock waves and scalding steam from the arms on its back. Volcanion’s power is said to be so great it can destroy an entire mountain, gouging out the earth and changing the shape of the land.

[prebreak][/prebreak]There is also a new trailer on Pokémon's YouTube channel featuring Volcanion in action, which is below the cut.

No dates have been given yet for when you will be able to obtain Volcanion, but stay tuned to Pokécharms – we'll be sure to bring you the news as soon as any events are announced. We've also got an entry for Volcanion in our Cryptidex, as well as the previous event Pokémon Hoopa and Diancie.

I am a bit sad to see that his scald animation does not come out of his pipe arms as I would have hoped. Still nice to see him made official.

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Another new Pokemon! YES! A water and Fire type seems impossible to me, but somehow Nintendo has made it true. I'm so excited to this Pokemon in action. :8B: Why won't it be in a card...NOW??

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
While I am excited to finally see this fellow revealed, because it means we should be getting our hands on it sooner than later, I'm more interested to see what will come next. Bring on the first Gen 7 Pokemon! :D

It'd be fun if they pulled another Togepi and gave us at least one brand new Pokemon ages before the new generation actually releases. Wishful thinking, but exciting prospects nonetheless. ^_^

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Frontier Master It's very unlikely to be anything other than the codes as usual – Hoopa and Diancie both started with in-store distributions, as did all other event-exclusive Pokémon I can think of.

Corion

Formerly Stewie
If companies made inflatable tubes that people could relax on based on the design of Volcanion's cylinder arch, they would make so much money.

My two cents at humor.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
And here's its Mega Evolution:

latest

Honestly, I think aesthetically it looks really silly. It looks like an animal that ran through a tent, got the tent caught on its back and then ran through a pile of swimming inflatables and got a hoop caught on the tent on its back as well. The stats and movepool seem very average as well.

I hope it does get a Mega Evolution or alternate forme since Diancie and Hoopa leave Volcanion in the dust otherwise.

Volcanion looks awesome and I ca tell GameFreak did
try to make it decent looking and also very strong... just why did they make it a WATER and FIRE!? Just why!?!? Otherwise I really like Volcanion.# GotAnother FireTypePokemon