• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Volcanion Distribution Coming October

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
The official Pokémon Twitter account has confirmed that a Volcanion distribution will be happening this October for owners of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Volcanion will be given away through codes given out at Gamestop stories in America. The event has been confirmed for Europe as well and lists Gamestop as giving away codes in Italy and Germany. Presumably it will be given out by GAME in the UK. The details of the Volcanion are as follows:

Volcanion thing.png
Name: Volcanion
Nature: Random
Level: 70
Ability: Water Absorb
Held Item: Rage Candy Bar
Moves: Steam Eruption, Overheat, Hydro Pump, Mist​

Volcanion is being distributed to celebrate the release of the latest Pokémon movie in English, which has been titled Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel. A trailer for the movie has been released and can be viewed below:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Will this come to Canada?

I can't currently find 100% confirmation that Canada is getting it but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to get our codes from EBGames like usual.

A plague on the applicable person's firstborn otherwise. >:0

I wish there were more fire and water type Pokemon like volcanion in the future Pokemon games and also I kind hate it when there Pokemon events codes instead Wynaut put over Internet cause not all people can go to game stop which are either busy with suff or maybe they don't have a GameStop near them but that meh opinion

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been eagerly awaiting the release of Volcanion myself. It has that special sort of weirdness that I appreciate, and the typing is really nifty. But most of all, I can't wait to finally 100% complete my gen 6 national PokeDex. It's been a long time coming. ^_^

I'm not too worried about not getting volcanion since my friend gave me one. And omg every single person that helped make that movie needs to play flipping Pokemon platinum, reason for that is... volcanion ask the legendary and mythical Pokemon why they chose to serve people in the first place!!! (technically its their own fault that people betray them) sorry had to let loose some anger, but in all seriousness why didn't they follow along with the lore.

I wish there were more fire and water type Pokemon like volcanion in the future Pokemon games and also I kind hate it when there Pokemon events codes instead Wynaut put over Internet cause not all people can go to game stop which are either busy with suff or maybe they don't have a GameStop near them but that meh opinion
That would let pretty much everyone get one, and at that point what's the point of it being special.

finaly a volcanion pokemon movie oh and i know what the mystery new pokemon is its primal volcanion ( :

i hacked nintendos files so i know everything

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Question on the Pokémon homepage it states Keldo Would be the next mystical Pokémon Of October is that correct. Pokemon.com is that correct or old news?
Both are true. :) Volcanion will be distributed in October as the last Kalos event Pokémon, so it is legally available before Gen 6 ends in November. However, the 20th anniversary events are separate and have been going all year, and so Keldeo will be available at the same time as Volcanion.

It's worth noting that these anniversary events are so separate that they'll still going even despite Sun and Moon being released in November – Meloetta will be available in December, but only for XY and ORAS, not Sun and Moon.

finaly a volcanion pokemon movie oh and i know what the mystery new pokemon is its primal volcanion ( :

i hacked nintendos files so i know everything
Please don't tell fibs. Thanks.

What about Az's floette?
Looks like that's not going to be available as part of the sixth generation, although it could be done as a Wi-Fi event – even if they're rapidly running out of time for it! I think it was intended to be a thing in Pokémon Z, but for whatever reason plans changed.

Last edited:
We need like the most dumbest legendary with a pre evolution then the next it's a bad ass Pokemon not to be messed with, like magickarp goes into gyrados