• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

X/Y Version Exclusives

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Legendary-Pokemon-X-and-Y.png
As always, the new Pokemon games X and Y have their own version exclusives: Pokemon unique to one game or the other. You'll have to get trading if you want to catch 'em all!

Pokemon X Exclusives

Swirlix-Button.png
Slurpuff-Button.png
Clauncher-Button.png
Clawitzer-Button.png
Xerneas-Button.png
Mega-Charizard-X-Button.png Mega-Mewtwo-X-Button.png

Pokemon Y Exclusives

Spritzee-Button.png
Aromatisse-Button.png
Skrelp-Button.png
Dragalge-Button.png
Yveltal-Button.png
Mega-Charizard-Y-Button.png Mega-Mewtwo-Y.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like Pokemon black and white. I want the legendary of one (Yveltal) and the normal Pokemon of the other (Clauncher and Swirlix). How do i decide???

Well, both of the legendaries are cool, so I'll just pick the one with better common Pokemon. Though I did have my mind set on getting Yveltal.

I was at Gamestop today and they had the display up for X and Y pre-orders, so I decided to do that while I was there. But then he asked me if I wanted to reserve X or Y and I realized I am still torn between the two. But I went with X so I can have Swirlix. Now I'm really hoping we don't find out any more exclusives before the games come out so I don't regret my choice...

I'm pretty deadset for Y. Usually, the legendary influences my decision, as is the case here. Also, I like Spritzee a little more then Swirlix.

My only issue is that I get stuck with Skrelp then. Oh well, I'm likely to get both games in any case, but I really wish I had a Clauncher for my first play through.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Chances are that, unless something noteworthy regarding the version differences is announced before October 12th, I'll likely be playing Pokemon Y first. Xerneas is cool in its own way but Yveltal is by far my preferred choice of the two. Not too fussed about the other currently revealed exclusives so it really just comes down to Yveltal for now.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'll most likely go for X for Clauncher-related reasons (pistol shrimps ftw, I'm just sayin'.) - but by the time I'll get to actually play this game (aka, no where near launch) I'll most likely already have all the details I need to make a clearer decision (aka, whether or not Clauncher is even worth the damn effort). XD

I was at Gamestop today and they had the display up for X and Y pre-orders, so I decided to do that while I was there. But then he asked me if I wanted to reserve X or Y and I realized I am still torn between the two. But I went with X so I can have Swirlix. Now I'm really hoping we don't find out any more exclusives before the games come out so I don't regret my choice...

I know which one your going to choose. I wonder which one? maybe X? I'm going for Y seeing the exclusive pokemon, and I agree, I hope they don't put any more exclusives too, unless it's only the fosil ones only if they're the fossil ones, the dinosaur one in Y and the ice one in X(P.S. the dinosaur is better, and can you follow me?):p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I know which one your going to choose. I wonder which one? maybe X? I'm going for Y seeing the exclusive pokemon, and I agree, I hope they don't put any more exclusives too, unless it's only the fosil ones only if they're the fossil ones, the dinosaur one in Y and the ice one in X(P.S. the dinosaur is better, and can you follow me?):p

Both fossils are based on dinosaurs. And please stop asking people to follow you, whether it be on their profiles or in topics like this. If they want to follow you they'll do so without you asking.

I just hope there aren't any version exclusives like Shelmet and Karrablast (even though I know that they weren't version exclusives themselves), where you can only evolve them by trading one for the other -_-

Just like Pokemon black and white. I want the legendary of one (Yveltal) and the normal Pokemon of the other (Clauncher and Swirlix). How do i decide???
That's the exact same problem had! Anyways, to make the decison, pick the game with the coolest pokemon

Posting off-topic like this is considered Spam. Please read the Forum Rules.
how do I post pics

oh never mind

Attachments

• 57021_trainercard-Devin.png
    57021_trainercard-Devin.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 0