• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

US Gamestops to distribute Pikachu-Colored Pichu

Gamestop has let slip that they will be holding an event to distribute the Pikachu-Colored Pichu in US stores between January 30th and February 14. The Pikachu-Colored Pichu (which is a fancy way to say they're handing out a shiny Pichu) can be traded to Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver in order to unlock an event in the Ilex Forest that allows the trainer to add the Spiky-Eared Pichu to their party.

Gamestop says that all you need to do is make sure you've got the Pokedex in the game you want the Pikachu-Colored Pichu on.

The Pikachu-Colored Pichu, assuming it's the same as its Japanese counterpart, will be male, level 30, holding an Everstone, with the moves Charge, Volt Tackle, Endure, and Endeavor.

The Spiky-Eared Pichu, again, assuming the same as its Japanese counterpart, is female, level 30, holding a Zap Plate, with the moves Volt Tackle, Helping Hand, Pain Split, and Swagger. Note that the Spiky-Eared Pichu cannot evolve or be traded.

On a related note, the MSRP for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver has been raised to US $39.99, up from $34.99. Keep that in mind when you preorder.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Again I'm left to wonder whether or not Canada will be distributing these little buggers as well. It'd be very nice if so. I'd like to get my hands on one XD

Well, crud on the price increase. Hopefully my little fund can generate enough in time to get my Pichu a well.

I'm quite curious on it's special attacks. Does it have any?

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just to bump as a reminder - this event ends tomorrow, so if you were planning to grab one for yourself but have been putting it off... Don't wait much longer XD

I got mine today, we had to run all over town, since the "Nintendo guys" wont get their lazy butts off to my local GameStop. We finally found somewhere. I got it, and I was pleased. My little sister made me get her one, (on her game)
Anyway, the event's over now~
Sorry to those whom couldn't make it there :(