• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Underwater Real Estate (Pokemon Atlantis) OC

I honestly don't really know why I decided on this name, but I'm not ready to change it now!

This is basically the myth of Atlantis, but with Pokemon. (Like the title says. :p) I made a few minor alterations, so here they are:

Hundreds of years ago, an island city, which has been solely inhabited by Pokemon of all types), was cast into the depths of the ocean by a peeved Arceus (which I have gotten permission to use, mind you), who had done so out of sheer anger that none of its inhabitants seemed to believe he existed anymore. Most of the Pokemon who lived there were either cast away from land or dragged under with the city. A very select few survived the trip, but most drowned or became fossils, preserving their lives until someone, or something, finds them and reawakens them.

Now, many years later, Vasuna, which had almost fallen to shambles for obvious reasons, is re-inhabited by water-types, having moved in due to it being a free living space. Why wouldn't they take it? Anyway, a Kingdra has appointed himself as ruler of the undersea city, with a Milotic as his queen.

It's on the verge of being discovered by humans. The new Vasunans are worried that their home will be either taken from them or used as an underwater tourist attraction, so they plan to stop this from happening using whatever means they can. Most dislike the thought of a war, making soldiers a needed resource at this time.

If anybody's interested, feel free to fill out this character form. As soon as you do, you're in! I'll start the actual RP thread once a few people have signed up. Also, I'll explain a bit more about everything in its first post.

Here's the form:

Name:
Special Markings/Clothing?: (Keep in mind that we are underwater.)
Personality:
How do they find Atlantis?: (Can be fossilized.)
Royalty?: (I'll be the king and queen unless anyone else wants them. Don't be shy! Go ahead and be a prince/princess, jester, etc.!)

I'll fill some out for my own characters:

Name: Kila (my main OC)
Species: Lumineon
Special Markings/Clothing?: The outline of her fins and the ring around her face are the color of a shiny, but everything else is rather normal.
Personality: bright, ambitious, hyperactive, confident, optimistic
How do they find Atlantis?: Kila was playing with her Remoraid friend when Vasuna came into view. Thadden instantly fled the scene, while she swam from building to building, intrigued with the rather foreign arcitecture. She soon moved in, finding a small house that was available.
Royalty?: No, but she thinks it would be neat!

Name: Nevoni
Species: Omanyte
Special Markings/Clothing?: Her shell is a bright orange color instead of the usual tan.
Personality: stubborn, bossy, impolite, active, serious
How do they find Atlantis?: Nevoni lived in Vasuna when it was first built. She loved the city very much, so when it was dragged under, she was taken with it. Quickly fossilizing herself, the Omanyte managed to preserve her being for the hundreds of years where nothing out-of-the-ordinary seemed to happen. Just recently, she was reawakened by scientists. Not liking what she saw, Nevoni fleed from the lab, searching a long time for her home. Once she found it, she stayed there, and she hasn't gone near the surface every since.
Royalty?: Absolutely not.

Any questions? Go ahead and ask below! vv

Name: Trinity
Species: Lumieon (changed species because why not)
Special Markings/Clothing?:
A bit yellow on the edges.
Personality: Energetic, passionate, caring.
How do they find Atlantis?: She was sleeping until she got pushed by a current while she was sleepy. She then had got pushed far. She got a brooze from the current. She found a into a house with alot of sea life.
Royalty?: Princess..

Last edited:
Name: Melodia
Species: Golduck
Special Markings/Clothing?: Wears a bunch of shiny-colored bangles made of discarded tin foil on either wrist, and her head jewel glows purple instead of red.
Personality: While she pretends to be mysterious and wise as part of a fortune telling act, Melodia still manages to crack jokes
and be a thoroughbred doofus despite her rough situation. She tries to be cool and convincing, but is actually just an absolute loser, though she'd never admit it. Currently, her mother's health is worsening, and it's secretly very hard for Melodia to scour the resources for the two of them. So, after sucking up too much of the royal family's charity, they've perhaps stopped lending her materials as she drives herself further into debt. Unable to get a real job, she pretends to be a fortune teller to get by, even though she's not even a real psychic type, and it's just a sham.
How do they find Atlantis?: After the rise of Vasuna, Melodia's previously-fossilized parents hatched her from an egg as a Psyduck. However, her father had died before she had ever met him, weakened from his cryogenic state.
Royalty?: Not royalty, but still in kahoots with some of the princes and princesses, even if the royal elders might see her as somewhat of a scoundrel.

Name: Erin
Species: Lanturn
Special Markings/Clothing?: Rather than having/giving off a yellow light, his light is purple, as are any attacks that he uses that involve his light/electricity
Personality: Erin is pretty laid back, lazy even. How he even manages to scrape by remains a mystery to even himself. He enjoys meeting new people, often coming up with nicknames for each new face he sees. The sarcasm is indeed strong with this one, as are jokes. Lightening up the mood, no pun intended (LIES), is one of his specialties. However, all of these jokes are just a facade, though he'd never tell anyone. After all, he lives in the very place where his parents once lived. He's had to live on his own since he was a child, as after his parents were re-awoken, they were extremely weak. They hatched him from an egg, and they both spent a sufficient amount of time with him before they passed, leaving Erin to himself at a young age. This caused some... emotional problems, so to speak, but he hides it well under his happy and joking facade.
How do they find Atlantis?: His parents were from here, and he was hatched after the fossilization wore off.
Royalty?: He wishes. Having people do whatever you want so you don't have to sounds like a dream come true to Erin.

How'd I do? :p

The princess can start wherever, really. The castle, maybe, or downtown? The castle seems like a better option. Just so you know, this castle is fairly smaller than others. It wasn't originally part of the city before its descent into the ocean, so it's fairly newer, but it's still grown moss and is starting to erode. Many rooms, like a large library, multiple bedrooms, and the master kitchen, make up the castle's interior. Just incase you want to start there. I'll play the role of the king and queen for now, unless anyone else wants them.

Name: Melody
Species: Milotic
Special Markings/Items of clothing: Pearl Necklace she found and she always wears it. And a Pearl Tiara
Personality:Melody is a easygoing sweetheart who can be a bit sassy at times, Like Disney Princesses, She is Sweet, Loving, And graceful. But when she gets angry she is not very fun to be around. But she hardly gets angry.
How do they find Atlantis: She was swimming away from home and went very deep one day and out the back of her eye she saw a city. It looked nice so she went to it. She later found out its name was Atlantis.
Royalty: Yes, but in a different Kingdom. She ran away from home after a force marriage and never looked back. The kingdom is located in the oceans of Hoenn.

Is this okay? May I still join? Also love your profile image @~Principessa~Phantom~ I love Hetalia.

Yay! It's perfect! Of course you can still join, @Otaku Panda! The RP was just put up not very long ago, so feel free to start posting as soon as you like! Seeing as you're new here, remember to read and abide by the rules, okay?

YES! Another Hetalian! I only just found another today, which equals to... well, three, including you and I. Where are the rest? They must be hiding. >w<

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Honestly, for whatever reason, I don't really blame you. As popular as it is, it definitely doesn't top Attack on Titan or the like. Sadly.

You should totally watch it, though. Sure, it's rated M, but not every episode has that kind of content. The occasional adult joke will be thrown in there from time to time (America and Russia, anyone?), but they're usually not that bad, believe it or not. At least, they aren't in my opinion. Did I mention that every episode is 5 minutes long?

Name: Minalu (Me-nuh-lou)
Species: Vaporeon
Special Markings/Clothing?: A maid-coloured swimsuit-like outfit.
Personality: Very generous, talks loud, gentle with property.
How do they find Atlantis?: She was in a Pokemon town herself, playing with others. They fell in the ocean and swam the wrong way until they found Atlantis.
Royalty?: The maid.

I really hope it's not too late to join!

EDIT: It looks so that there hasn't been a post in a week, will this be dead soon..?

Last edited:
@Canpan I hope not! I would like to keep this alive, but if I can't, then so be it. Most of the people who've joined this haven't posted in the thread yet, so I'm kinda waiting for them.

As for your character, how would she breathe underwater? I'd like it if all the characters used were part water-type, and since Sylveon isn't, wouldn't she drown? If you could fix this, that would be great. Thanks! Sorry.

Can I join?
Name: Meecha
Species: Dewott
Special Markings/Clothing?: Where it is black on most Dewotts, it is silver on her.
Personality: Fun-loving, polite, very defensive of her friends.
How do they find Atlantis?: After being chased out of her old home, Meecha got lost. After several misadventures and wrong turns, she found Atlantis.
Royalty?: Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Pedro
Species: Ludicolo
Special Markings/Clothing?: He is never seen without a technicolour scarf and some form of musical instrument (More often than not a guitar, maracas, or the accordion).
Personality: Pedro is rarely serious, but can be rather frightening when he is. He is very carefree and charismatic to the point where its almost unsettling. There is a mysteriously sinister air to him. Pedro holds multiple jobs and his work ethic is higher than any man's. He has a musical gift and is a natural virtuoso.
How do they find Atlantis?: Pedro found Vasuna through a run-in at the black market with a Pokémon who sold the information to him after it caught his interest. He'd been looking for somewhere to turn over a new slate for a while, and a whole new subterranean city seemed like the perfect place to start. With that, he used the little money he had left to buy a Water Stone and left the world of land dwellers behind.
Royalty?: On occasion, he plays music at request of the royal family.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Of course, @JohnsonAce! Just make sure you cal handle them both/all! :p
Thank you! I will now go underway with the forms:

Name: Ooze
Species: Tentacruel
Special markings/clothing: His bottom eyes are bigger and there is a large skull pattern surrounding his back/head
Personality: Harsh, Mean, often makes fun of others, defensive
How do they find Atlantis?: Grew up as a tough Tentacool in the area and stumbled across it after he had evolved and followed some pokemon who he saw as weaker. He then met up with his friend Trip and pledged to watch it fall.
Royalty: His Great Grandfather was the King Tentacruel in a foreign land. However, Ooze despises all forms of Royalty.

Name: Trip (the Ripper)
Species: Sharpedo
Special markings/clothing: Fins are sharper and like Ooze, there is a big skull pattern on his back.
Personality: Selfish, a bully, mean, similar to Ooze
How do they find Atlantis?: Swam in the wrong direction in a current and found Ooze and Atlantis
Royalty: Far from it. He too hates Royalty and plots with Ooze to try and take down the underwater Kingdom.

Name: Flame
Species: Greninja
Special Markings/Clothing?: none
Personality: Quick, Good swimmer, Helps other pokemon
How do they find Atlantis?: by luck
Royalty?: none