• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Two New Pokémon Spin-Off Titles Revealed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
A special program was aired in Japan this morning focusing on The Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekaz Ishihara. During the program two new games in their early development stages were shown off. Both titles being developed are for the Nintendo 3DS.
Pokémon Link 3DS.jpg
The first title to be shown off is a new game in the Pokémon Trozei series. If released the title would likely be a downloadable title released through the 3DS' eShop.

The first Pokémon Trozei game was released in 2006 (2005 in Japan) for the Nintendo DS and went by the title of Pokémon Link for its release in Europe.

Pokémon Dective.jpg
The second title to be shown off is an odd one, but interesting nonetheless. The game will be a detective game where you work alongside a Pikachu, and the enemy you face is also a Pikachu. One of the Pikachu is rumoured to be blue in colour and able to talk, although which of the Pikachu that is is currently unclear. The game likely won't be released until 2015 if it does get released.

Neither game is confirmed for release currently.

Trozei 2, yes because this is exactly what people wanted -.-

As for Pikablu detective game, it sounds terrible but I guess we'll see from further announcements

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I don't mind the idea of a new Link game, especially when I looked at the dates and realised the last one happened during the third generation (or just before fourth anyway), so I can't honestly complain about it. A digital only title means it won't cost an arm and a leg either.

The second title...well..guess all we can do is wait and see how that goes :'D

Dude these games look awesome! I love trozei and I can't wait for the sequel, the other game looks... OK but weirder then all hell

We are going to be detectives...with a Pikachu.

I mean, what are we going to be investigating, "The Mystery of the Stolen Pecha Berry?" Sounds thrilling. :\=|:

Tch no offence but they really need to stop planning these games like now. I think more than 50% of the fan base want a hoenn remake, not this rubbish.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Tch no offence but they really need to stop planning these games like now. I think more than 50% of the fan base want a hoenn remake, not this rubbish.
You say that. Rumble, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger and even the silly typing game sold quite well. Why can't a moderately-sized and extremely well funded company work on more than one game, anyway? We know they're working on several things right now, including the Hoenn remake you're so desperate for.

You say that. Rumble, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger and even the silly typing game sold quite well. Why can't a moderately-sized and extremely well funded company work on more than one game, anyway? We know they're working on several things right now, including the Hoenn remake you're so desperate for.
Besides, I'm sure a large portion of the fanbase doesn't even know what Hoenn is. Some fans weren't even born when R/S/E were first released, and would probably buy Rumble just as soon as buy Hoenn Remakes.

Besides, I'm sure a large portion of the fanbase doesn't even know what Hoenn is. Some fans weren't even born when R/S/E were first released, and would probably buy Rumble just as soon as buy Hoenn Remakes.
Most of the fan base is around 15-20+years old Y'no those who grew up with pokemon and those who did grow up around R/S/E most likely have younger siblings who would know about the 3rd gen due to 15-20 year old fans.

Like I said 'no offence' but really? a detective game. What would happen in that? A missing gym badge with a really cheesy criminal? I'm bothered about trozie remake as I quite liked the first, its the whole 'blue talking' pikachu that annoys me. So many people are waiting for a remake that they probably wont do and bring out a rubbish version of ace attorney. Plus the other games you mentioned are actually good and the 'silly spelling' game helped a lot of people to spell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Most of the fan base is around 15-20+years old Y'no those who grew up with pokemon and those who did grow up around R/S/E most likely have younger siblings who would know about the 3rd gen due to 15-20 year old fans.
That's mindblowingly wrong, whether we like it or not. A large proportion of the active fandom is in the age range you suggest, sure, but the market for the actual games is incredibly broad - and a good proportion of the audience they market to is, really, the younger end - 8-13. Just watch the anime some time or pay attention to the marketing for Pokémon as a franchise. Indeed, a great deal of the people who sign up to our very site are below your target age range. Ask any of the kids who signed up for the Trainer Card Maker, we have a lot of 11, 12, 13-year-olds who use this site. Who would have been too young to experience Hoenn the first time around when it first came out. They might have played it, sure, but the vast majority won't have.

Which is actually why they're doing the remakes - they're producing a game that's nostalgic for anyone who played the Hoenn games, but it actually ends up being a brand new experience for anyone who hasn't. Either way that translates into lots of money for Nintendo, and it really means both audiences would be interested in the game. I've never played RSE properly, so I want to experience the region for the first time. Many people I know have, and want to see it updated to modern graphics and re-experience a game that they first played ten years ago.

And really, for a personal note: Sure, I want Hoenn remakes. But side games are an important part of the franchise, and some of them are quite good. Some of them are truly awful, but that's life. Slating this detective game now is pointless, you have no idea how it looks or what it plays like - this is an early proof of concept, without a visual style, solid gameplay, or even a premise we know about. You're seeing visuals that you don't like and jumping to conclusions based on guesses.

And I can make the same point I did earlier: Making this game and making the Hoenn remakes are not mutually exclusive. I can tell you for a fact that they're working on several games right now - they were working on XY (and Harmoknight!) when B2W2 were released, and I can lay good money on them working on both the Hoenn remakes and the next Kalos game right now, just with a bigger dev team for one. We will get all of them in good time, and they're not sapping precious resources by working on other things.

Everyone's talking about the Hoenn Remakes and Pokemon Bank, but I just want an official Pokemon fighting game (would be good on the 3DS & WiiU)

I wonder if Pikachu will scream OBJECTION!!!!
Ha ha! Maybe, maybe

They should have a game where you can control the pokemon in battle with the control pad and attack with A or B or something like that. In other words something like a mix of the anime and X/Y`s super training.

Last edited by a moderator: