• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Turning Over a New Leaf (Pokemon Ranger Rp)

(In this rp, you are a pokemon ranger guarding the region of Oblivia from the Pokemon Pinchers. You can have 1 partner pokemon. Now, let us begin!)

"Samalance! Give up, we'll just catch you either way!" A mysterious man riding a Z.Z Flyer called to the tired pokemon. "Yeah! Just come peacefully, it'll be less painful!" His female accomplice sneered. Just as they were about to finish off the Salamance, the man turned around.
"Oh, a ranger." He narrowed his eyes at Winter. "Well, guess I'll just have to teach YOU a lesson. Rivia!" He ordered the female. "Yes?" Rivia asked. "Plasma cannon this twerp." The man ordered.

Balls of green and pink energy came soaring at Winter, she quickly directed her staraptor away from them. She wove in between the blasts until their plasma cannons ran out. "Heh. Now, you will have to face MY pokemon!" The man cried. "Isn't this fight a little unfair? I think that my partner needs her ally, too." A voice rang out across the sprawling sky,

"Ben!" Winter cried happily. "You're here!" "I'm your partner! I would never let you go in alone." He responded. "HAHAHAHA! FOOLS! YOURE HAPPY LITTLE REUNION MADE TIME FOR OUR LEADER TO COME AND HELP US!" The man sneered. "Well, this pest has been annoying me long enough." The leader smiled. "Die." The leader shot a plasma cannon at Ben, who was off guard. "NOOO!" Winter screamed, and directed her staraptor into the blast, taking it head on. She tumbled off the staraptor, and into the ocean below her.

"Are you exited?" a female voice came from the radio.
"Not really, it might be nothing special," Rory replied
"If it wasn't anything special, headquarters wouldn't have told you to drive that boat to the Oblivia region."
"Any way, I'll Cheak in later, we're arriving at our destination. Rory out." Rory cuts off the connection and starts to observe the island, with his partner lucario at his side, they could help anyone. While scanning Rory looks up and sees something strange. A woman and a staraptor plummeting from the sky into the water ahead of them. "Did you see that?" Lucario nods, and Rory goes full speed ahead to those who fell.

Winter's eyes shot open. "B....BEN?!" She cried, looking around. She checked her styler, and tried to send him a message. Her styler was water clogged from the fall. "Pichu? You okay?" She asked her partner pokemon. "pi!" It nodded, pouring water out of its ukulele. "Styler, where are we?" Winter asked her styler. "Your current location is Reinbow Island." It responded, the voice cutting in and out. "Ugh, how could I be so headstrong?" Winter scolded herself.

As Rory got closer who the lady was became more and more apparent. She was a pokemon ranger. Rory then started to slow down as he got closer to the beach, unknowing what just happened. Rory turned on his radio again, "Rhythmi, Rhythmi, come in,"only static comes from the small pocket radio. Rory hits his radio in frustration,"why does it have to be broken now, out of any other time."

Winter was at least shoulder deep in water. Her uniform would be soaking. She sighed and started to swim through the water. "How could I be so stupid?" She growled under her breath. When her feet touched the dry sand of the mainland, she rung out her hair, and set out to find the nearest village.

Vroom, the boat went as he got closer and closer to shore, "Wait a minute!!" Rory yelled as he struggled to get her attention. "Wait a minute, I have an idea." Rory looks up and sees a flock of pidgy and takes out his stylis, and yells ,"capture on!" Rory spirals his stylis around and around creating a solid white ring around a few of the pidgy. Rory then makes arm gestures enclosing the ring, capturing them. Sucess. The pidgy then swoop near him, curious on what he wants. Rory then points toward the female ranger," go get her attention." and the pidgy fly up, going faster than his boat, they launch ahead toward the island.

"Hmm? Pidgeys, what do you want?" Winter asked, turning around. She saw the boat racing towards her. "Who is that?" She wondered aloud.

Rory slowed down the motor as he got closer to the shore, "thank you pidgys, you can go now." They flew away and caught up with their flock, "need a lift?" Rory said as he pulled up as close as he could to shore.

"Yes, thank you." Winter hopped up onto the boat and sat down. She analyzed the man. "You must be a ranger. I can see your styler." Winter exclaimed.

"Why yes I am," Rory replied, "I assume you must be one as well with your uniform." Rory started steering the boat around the island towards cocona village. "I'm Rory," Rory said as he started introductions.

"Yes, I am a ranger from a region far away. My name is Winter." She bowed politely and sat back down. "Are you from this region?" Winter asked.

"Nope, I came from alama," Rory, I'm only here investigating a spike of volcanic activity, putting everyone here in harms way. Also, this is my partner lucario." lucario nods and continues looking forward.

"Your lucario looks well trained. This is my pichu." Pichu strummed a cord on its ukulele. "I was here to investigate mysterious actions coming from a group my base has had a eye on." Winter responded.

Arriving at the town, "well, I have a feeling our missions will inter twine." Rory pulls up his boat to the docks, "here we are."

"Thank you for the ride." Winter hopped off the boat. "I am finding a place for shelter. I hope our paths cross again." She started to walk off.

Rory bows,"I have a feeling, we'll come across each other again soon," Rory said confidently as Winter walked off. Rory's belly growled loudly, Rory tied the front of the boat to the dock and started to walk into the town looking for a ramen stand.

Winter sighed, looking around. The Cocona village was quiet and peaceful. She decided to stay in the woods.

"Hey, watch it, kid!" A man pushed by Winter. She narrowed her eyes at him, and gasped. He was a pokemon pincher!

Rory walks into the town, everyone showing they know each other, a couple merchant stands scattered around the town. Rory was walking around for some time, and then suddenly, a ramen stand. Rory had a jolt of excitement, so much he almost sprinted to the stand.

Krystal followed her partner, Volt, who recently evolved into a jolteon. He was following a trail of a pokèmon pincher. Volt paused and growled as they saw a man running after a shiny eevee and before Krystal could react, Volt dashed after the Pokèmon Pincher. Volt lunged at him but he turned around and hit Volt on the head with a iron pole. What he didn't know was the eevee ran behind the bush and jumped on Krystal's shoulder. The man ran away and Krystal got up and bolted over to Volt, the eevee still sitting on her shoulder. Volt slowly stood up "Jolt! Jolteon!" He seemed happy when he saw the eevee. The eevee jumped down and ran away. "Volt, are you ok boy?" Krystal asked hovering her hand over the spot the man hit him. He rubbed his head on Krystal's hand and got up walking to the town. Krystal followed and they walked side by side. They saw a Ramen Stand and they slowly walked over to it.

Rory arrived at the ramen stand, it was a small stand. It had two wheels on one side two legs on the other, 4 attached stools connected to the main body witch was a wooden platform used as a table connected to a electric stove. Thec stove had a few closed pots with boiling water, ready to make some ramen.

Rory sat down on the far left stool and his partner lucario sat next to him, "I'll take a bowl," Rory said as he looked at his partner,"want one?" Lucario noded, "and one for lucario aswell." The man noded and added two large servings into one pot, nearly filling it. Rory didn't know what else to do, so he watched the man make the ramen.

"H...hey! Idiots! You're the ones who captured my partner!" winter cried out, pointing at the pokemon Pinchers. "Well, well, well. Look who we have here. If it isn't the little BRAT herself." One of the Pinchers snickered. "You'll have to face me, now!!!" Winter braced herself.

"A... Magikarp?" She asked, confused. "YES! OREPARE TO FEEL MY WRATHHHH!!!" The pincher sneered. "MAGIKARP! USE SPLASH!!!" Winter captured the pokemon with one loop.

Rory looked behind himself, to see what the commotion was, and hes saw winter and what seemed to be a pokemon poacher. As soon as Rory heard what the grunt say in the distance, "YES! OREPARE TO FEEL MY WRATHHHH!" The pincher sneered. "MAGIKARP! USE SPLASH!", Rory broke out into laughter knowing that was the dumbest thing he heard all day. Rory turned back around toward the Ramen man, and they received their ramen. "Dig in Lucario, this one is on me."

Krystal giggled and walked over to them and grinned, Volt dashed behind the Pokèmon Pinchers. "Oh and I'm your worst nightmare" Krystal said and Volt roared, scaring the heaven out of them. Krystal walked off with Volt bouncing behind her. Krystal sat down under a tree and next to a lake. Her back rested on the tree and Volt was lying next to her. They both slowly slid into a slumber. What they didn't know was that two Pokèmon Pinchers we watching them.

Rory finished up his bowl with five loud slurps, and he waited for Lucario to finish before he got up. "ya ready?" Lucario noded and got up. Rory payed for the meal and got up afterword, He stretched because he was sitting longer then he expected. Rory looked around, there were people going about on their business, a girl sleeping sleeping under a tree with her jolteon, and two creepy shady people staring at them. Lucario gave Rory a look of worry, Rory looked back. After some time of staring, "Alright alright, I give, lets go help them out." Rory starts to walk over to the Girl and the Jolteon under a tree on the other side of the market.

While walking, Rory saw winter walking up, "Hi." Rory looked up and around observing the Blue sky, with small clouds everywhere, and random bird pokemon flying above him going from place to place. "yes, yes it is," Rory replied with confidence. " I saw the embarrassment you gave earlier in the middle of the market, absolutely brutal," Rory said putting a smile on his face. Lucario noded in agreement.

"Haha, thanks. I was hoping they had information on the location of my partner, but I guess that pincher was too low of a rank." Pichu nodded in agreement.

"Yes. His name was Ben. We wear similar uniforms, accept his scarf is red while mine is pink." She pulled a picture of Ben up on her styler.

Rory looks down on the photo, " I think I've seen him before somewhere, not recently, but long ago." Rory looks back up at Winter, "ok, I memorized his face" I'll communicate with you I your styler If I see him, and tell me if you're in a jam, my styler is always on channel 104."

Krystal slowly opened her eyes to see two creepy pairs. "Aaahhh!!" was all she could say and Volt was ripped away from her and she was pulled somewhere. Krystal woke up and saw a boy sleeping with his back against the wall. "Volt..?" Krystal whispered and looked around. She saw Volt knocked out in another cage across from hers. Krystal looked at the boy and sighed.

Rory asks winter, as he turns on his radio on his stylis, "since, we're here on somewhat similar missions, do you mind if we work together?"

"Sure. Help would be nice." She shrugged, and motioned for him to follow her. "Well, my styler is picking up strange signals from the forest, be better go check it out."

"good idea," Rory replied, as he started to jog toward the forest, "come on Lucario! we're gonna finally get some action." Lucario noded and followed Rory.

Winter nodded. "If you see people in green suits, don't let them point their styler at you. It will capture your Pokemon." Winter opened her styler, and checked the signal. The other sign of human life was near the cave.

"are we getting close?" Rory asked as they are passing through the trees,"I don't think i need to worry about them capturing Lucario, but i'll help protect Pikachu."

"I think so. The noises from my styler are getting louder." Winter relayed, holding out her styler. It was making beeping noises, and they got louder every step they took.

"Lucario, be on your guard," Rory said as he is being more cautious then he normally is. "How close are we?" he asked.

"We seem to be here." Winter told him. "What do we gotta do, Jay?" A voice asked. "All we gotta do is make sure no Rangers get in here." Another voice replied. "They must be Pinchers." Winter whispered.