• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer or Coordinator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be perfectly honest... I wish that they made a coordinator based game!!! Trainers are cool you get to battle alot!!!! but being a coordinator would be really cool!!!! So which is your choice? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm a bit confused by your question. Are you asking us in a real-life setting which we prefer, or whether we'd rather play a game as a Trainer or a Coordinator? =o

Also, please tone down the exclamation marks. One per sentence is more than enough. ^^;

Linkachu said:
I'm a bit confused by your question. Are you asking us in a real-life setting which we prefer, or whether we'd rather play a game as a Trainer or a Coordinator? =o

Also, please tone down the exclamation marks. One per sentence is more than enough. ^^;
i am so sorry i meant in real life! and yes i'll try to stop the exlamation msrks...habit of mine ;)

your idea is awesome mouseyboy! I also wish there were a coordinator- based pokemon, though i myself prefer mostly on pokemon battles, but it will be a great thing because they've made a ranger- based pokemon game, shadows of almia, and coming up with a bright idea you've got will not be a bad thing right?

I don't think I could live with being a Coordinator full time, due to the emphasis on more 'frivolous' aspects. I love the excitement of battles. In that case, I would probably be a full-time Trainer with a bit of Coordinating for fun.

I'd be 50-50. Battle half the time, and put lipstick on Doredias the other half of the time. XD

Louie Forest said:
I'd be 50-50. Battle half the time, and put lipstick on Doredias the other half of the time. XD

Same here. Coordination has the beauty of battle, while Training has the skills of battle. Combine the two and you have a spectacle for all to behold. I wouldn't mind losing a match as long as it was spectacular that way :)

I'd be both because I'm almost equally interested in both. I like battles slightly more than coordinating. One thing that peeves me about the games is that there's no good contest system, like the anime. I know they're separate things, but I really like how the anime does it. Of course, it'd be hard to implement that into a game.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I would be a full time trainer going around the world battling my heart out. I might give coordinating a try, but I probably wouldn't invest too much time or effort into it unless I had a Pokemon like Ambipalm who really enjoyed it. It just doesn't interest me too much.

Psycho Monkey said:
I would be a full time trainer going around the world battling my heart out. I might give coordinating a try, but I probably wouldn't invest too much time or effort into it unless I had a Pokemon like Ambipalm who really enjoyed it. It just doesn't interest me too much.
Same here. Even if I had a Pokemon who enjoys it, it would probably be 75-25. I really don't know.

I'd be around 60-40, with the sixty being a trainer.

I'd make sure I had a pokemon who likes doing it though~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
mouseyboy said:
Linkachu said:

i am so sorry i meant in real life! and yes i'll try to stop the exlamation msrks...habit of mine ;)

Thanks much. ^^

While I definitely love the concepts surrounding Pokemon Coordinating and thinking up now ways to combine and display attacks, I'm definitely a Trainer type of person. The idea of getting up onto a stage in front of a bunch of people and preforming, not to mention the stress of competing against multiple other coordinators for the first place ribbon, would kill it for me. I'm not the type of person who enjoys being up on a stage.

When it comes to being a Pokemon Trainer, it's basically just you verses the opponent or gym leader. Spectators are present at random but your battles typically aren't huge performances (minus Anime-style league battles). If you lose, you train harder and rechallenge the gym leader when you're ready - unless they're Fantina (:p). It just seems much more relaxed and take-it-at-your-own-pace then being a professional coordinator. Suits me perfectly.

So, yar. Coordinating could be fun to mess around with, but ultimately I'd only do so to have fun and strengthen my Pokemon battling strategies as a Trainer.

Psycho Monkey said:
Same here i would be a trainer going around the world meeting new species of Pokemon, people, and surroundings. But once in a while i might stop and join in as a coordinator. My Staraptor certainly enjoyed its time at the Ribbon Syndicate while in platinum.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I would prioritize in battling, but coordinating seems fun, so I would give it a try.
It'd be 70-30 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.